Release About coriolis.edcd.io/

up.

i see some beta or something with new engineering system but i cant find it anymore. You have left panel and drag and drop modules into ship. Someone know what it was?

There seem to be at least 4 versions currently around: coriolis, beta.coriolis, coriolis.edcd and beta.coriolis.edcd. Gets confising if, at one time or another, you had opened all of them in your browser, and then you realize that the builds you designed in one of them aren't available in any of the others...

https://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/ seems to be the latest one, dating from 1st of March. This one has the size 6 slot on the Chieftain, at least.

The reason why you can't see your builds in other webapps very likely is that the builds are stored in the browser's LocalStorage, and that's bound to the URL.

O7,
[noob]

https://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/ seems to be the latest one, dating from 1st of March. This one has the size 6 slot on the Chieftain, at least.
[noob]

That's the one I'm currently using now because of the Chieftain, however a number of the Effects aren't all updated for the modules and seems they might be still the old Experimental Effects.

I was actually just about to post what is the current one, but saw this post was already done. I'm not a fan of EDShipyard, but I do like the newest layout a lot more, but still would rather use Coriolis if I can as all my ships are still under that format and exported already and I don't want to manually update the entire fleet all over again using EDShipyard.

I did read something that Coriolis wasn't being maintained anymore according to (https://coriolis.edcd.io/about). However this was posted back in Jan and the link is to the older version not the new Beta one with the Chieftain in it.

So yes it's very confusing what is going on with Coriolis right now and what's the best option. Too bad EDShipyard doesn't allow importing the old export file from Coriolis at all (unless they do and I missed seeing that?).​..

Looks like it is being maintained byt the EDCD community?

From the About section:
This is a clone of the Coriolis project, whose original author is currently unable to maintain it. This clone is maintained by the EDCD community.

Does anyone have problems with the rebuy being off?

My rebuy for my AspX is 680,900cr with ins at 96% but both edshipyard and coriolis say it should be 874,376cr amd I can't fpr the life of me figure out why?

Last edited:
Looks like it is being maintained byt the EDCD community?

From the About section:

Does anyone have problems with the rebuy being off?

My rebuy for my AspX is 680,900cr with ins at 96% but both edshipyard and coriolis say it should be 874,376cr amd I can't fpr the life of me figure out why?

did you put in all different discounts you had when buying the ship?
15% for stuff you bought at LYR, 20% for weapons you bought from Hudson, 20% for Cargoracks and HRPs you bought from Mahon?

Just a bump on this thready to get it back into the limelight.

Not to belittle the work done on EDShipyard because it is also very good, but Coriolis is still a better interface to build ships in; it's just a shame it hasn't been updated to include 3.0 engineering recipes.

Just a bump on this thready to get it back into the limelight.

Not to belittle the work done on EDShipyard because it is also very good, but Coriolis is still a better interface to build ships in; it's just a shame it hasn't been updated to include 3.0 engineering recipes.

tbh, the ed-shipyard beta looks very promising when it comes to putting together ships
just the result visualisation is still lacking on EDY.

tbh, the ed-shipyard beta looks very promising when it comes to putting together ships
just the result visualisation is still lacking on EDY.

Well, the new EDS copies several things from Coriolis that are good (the ship list with key default stats, the per-slot context-sensitive fill options etc) but it's still missing some really nice features like:

• the quick presets for each slot category
  • right-click to empty a slot
  • right-click on the category to empty all slots in that category
  • mouseover tooltips with key stats on each item
  • better use of widescreen monitors (1600 wide, not 1280 wide)
  • the visualisations you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong - I like the new EDS a lot, but you've got to admit that it borrows very heavily from Coriolis and if that's the goal, (and especially if Coriolis isn't being supported properly any more) I'd love to see them implement the missing features whilst they're busy pinching ideas from it.

Well, the new EDS copies several things from Coriolis that are good (the ship list with key default stats, the per-slot context-sensitive fill options etc) but it's still missing some really nice features like:

• the quick presets for each slot category
  • right-click to empty a slot
  • right-click on the category to empty all slots in that category
  • mouseover tooltips with key stats on each item
  • better use of widescreen monitors (1600 wide, not 1280 wide)
  • the visualisations you mentioned.

Don't get me wrong - I like the new EDS a lot, but you've got to admit that it borrows very heavily from Coriolis and if that's the goal, (and especially if Coriolis isn't being supported properly any more) I'd love to see them implement the missing features whilst they're busy pinching ideas from it.

edy uses doubleclick to empty a slot, or to qick-fill the selected slot from the list on the left side,
and you can even use drag&drop to move stuff around, and the detailed infos on the selected items are far better displayed.
yeah, no tooltips and no use of different screen width,

but neither coriolis nor EDY(beta) support any form of copy&paste between slots, but EDY lets me save presets for modded equip and quickly fill multiple slots with the same modded item (weapons and utilities)

also hearing that the coriolis DEV can't update it in the near future, i guess EDYs new interface will come out of beta before coriolis even has the new engineering or expiremental weapons added.

I just wish I could export all my ships at once the same way I did with Coriolis. That way I can easily import ever ship I have in one cut and paste. Don't see that option in EDShipyard...

As of today my recent Coriolis builds just show a blank screen, but older ones display, & I can modify an older build & save it apparently ok.
Anybody have any idea what’s going on?

beta.coriolis has been broken more times than it has been working recently.

I assumed there were problems with Github version compiling or something.

No matter; The non-beta URL is updated with 3.1 changes at last, so we can just use that until the next major shakeup.

Sorry CMDRs but I have to bump this a bit.

Suggestions above say we should be using beta.coriolis.edcd.io. It being the most up-to-date.

No problem, but I just noticed the message there (and non-beta site) to PLEASE MIGRATE (back?) TO COROLIS.IO

Both the beta and edcd sites have the upgraded module slots whereas coriolis.io doesn’t.

I thought coriolis.edcd.io is taking over for coriolis.io. This is getting real confusing now.

Any ideas whats going on? I really don’t want to have to use that EDShipyard abomination.

Thx

2018 July 18 <--- last post in the thread you dug out.
2019 May 16 <--- We are here.

coriolis.io is upgraded. using it daily.

2018 July 18 <--- last post in the thread you dug out.
2019 May 16 <--- We are here.

coriolis.io is upgraded. using it daily.
Thx for todays date but I think I found the problem. In Firefox, on PC, the new module slots are missing.

If I open it on my phones browser or in Chrome the slots are there. Go figure.

[EDIT] Clearing all Data, Cookies and Cache in FF fixed the problem.

Last edited:
When accessing the coriolis.io site from work it has become unusable. Left click on the home page will update the address bar but will not navigate to the ship links. If the page is refreshed with the ship link, it will then navigate to the ship but then modules cannot be selected. Modules will empty with a right click.

Just feed back. I'm sure the network is blocking something for security reasons. The web site works elsewhere. Using EDSY from work now.

Top Bottom