Newcomer / Intro About my experience with ''lucky loop'' Trading Missions

Hi, this is my first post. Just started playing like 2 weeks ago when it went free on epic.
Sorry if its kinda long

I have wanted to play this game for some time and money and other things got in the way, so now that I had the changeI already had an idea of what I wanted to do first: Trade

Started doing things on my own, and barely looked for tutorials. Watched a Yamiks video on what ships to buy, some of Exigious on how to use external tools and that was it, off I go.
Lets spend some hours grinding so next week ill have my Anaconda.

Or so I thought.

Turns out, like 3 hours into the game doing the best and closest trading missions, trying to stack as many to the same place as possible. I found this unique system.

It had just SO MANY trading missions inside the system, 2 stations just 2500 ls away fron each other.

I was stacking so many non- wing missions to bring like 90-180 itens for 4-11 mil . I got my phython on the next 6 hours or so. ( my ship was small i could only get the 20-60 itens missions)
But after my phython I made around 60 mil and hour. Lazly going from point A-B dodging the eventual interdicion. On openplay there were more.

But after that the system went out of BOOM and never returned to those missions, Never had a single mission from one of those outposts to an other.

What did I experience? Why did I find a system with GREAT internal missions. So early, and never again? Even after 2 weeks, I bought my type-10 and anaconda on the first 5 days.

This week now, have farmed to engeneer an FDL and Chieftain to g3 and still, on all the places I landed, never again have I seen an outpost with 10+ mission to a same outpost, missions with 10kk+ for less than 100 items. Or even a mission to the same system.

Is it an avarage thing that I just cant find? Was it RNJesus? Why is this not a part of trader gameplay?

Not as to make it easy, but findable. Temporary trader homes not for the commodities price but for the missions as well.

Cool story...

Sounds like you stumbled into a temporary gold rush created by the bgs.

Mission boards respond not only to their own system state and economy but also to what’s happening in neighbouring systems.

Take for example a high tech system. During normal business hours they have a fairly standard selection of missions but if a system next door suddenly has an outbreak then the mission boards will suddenly have you deliver medical supplies to help out.

The same happens when a system is in a famine state...nearby agricultural systems will send food.

What then turns it into a rare gold rush depends on multiple other factors like population, geographic location, competitors, allegiance....etc...

As time passes and states change systems will dry up and you’ll then need to move on, or stick around to take advantage of the rep you’ve built up by working the system.

This used to be a really good way to make credits, and still is in many ways...

...but over time independent activities like exploration (surface mapping), mining and recently bounty hunting have been buffed to a level that seeking gold rushes isn’t as hot as it once was. Sad.

You got lucky. There is a system close to my home system that also has these intra-system gold rushes sometimes. The route is between two outposts in the system both with a refinery economy but owned by different factions. It's a small system (30,000) so demand is small. After 4-5 runs in a Python (120-180 units for 4 to 9 million cr per trip) the gold rush dries up.

Thanks, I read everything, just forgot to reply.
Cool story...

Sounds like you stumbled into a temporary gold rush created by the bgs.

Looks like it.
I agree, searched for some of the gold rushes on the forums, missed the LT diamonds one, started mining Platinum and using databases for trades, that kind of search for the best thing ever seems fun.

But I made to the latter stages ofthe game fast and profit seems very consistent with the progression, something that is very welcoming for a newcomer. My friends made to better ships fast too on their own way.

So i guess overall it was just that, luck

Thanks, I read everything, just forgot to reply.

Looks like it.
I agree, searched for some of the gold rushes on the forums, missed the LT diamonds one, started mining Platinum and using databases for trades, that kind of search for the best thing ever seems fun.

But I made to the latter stages ofthe game fast and profit seems very consistent with the progression, something that is very welcoming for a newcomer. My friends made to better ships fast too on their own way.

So i guess overall it was just that, luck

for me its strange it happened to you, it happened to me in my first hours and im sure we were not in the same system, and im nearly 100% sure there is no economic simulations so you cant fulfill needs, missions are coming randomly. there will be boom again just go play in the systems around and go back later. instead of luck it looks like programmed to help the newcomers to get hooked (with very lazy playing i had m 250mill anaconda in 4 days)

Top Bottom