About titans rewards

Hello CMDRs
I would like to have some clarifications on this sentence and the unlocking of rewards "Commanders who take part in the final stages of the Thargoid war and participate in the successful destruction of a Thargoid Titan (doing damage to a Titan Heart)"

Is it sufficient to shoot the core once? To have some credits earned in the instance (even if you don't shoot the core)? Or is there a minimum amount of credits to have? Or, do you need to be active during the final circle?
Unless it is related to what happens after the end of the 8 circles that we have been reducing since the beginning of the week.

Thank you for your feedback and clarifications.

Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/titan-combat-rewards-changes.623536/

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Hello CMDRs
I would like to have some clarifications on this sentence and the unlocking of rewards "Commanders who take part in the final stages of the Thargoid war and participate in the successful destruction of a Thargoid Titan (doing damage to a Titan Heart"

Is it sufficient to shoot the core once? To have some credits earned in the instance (even if you don't shoot the core)? Or is there a minimum amount of credits to have? Or, do you need to be active during the final circle?
Unless it is related to what happens after the end of the 8 circles that we have been reducing since the beginning of the week.

Thank you for your feedback and clarifications.

Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/titan-combat-rewards-changes.623536/
I'm afraid we all know just as much as you :)

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
What even is "Titan Heart"? Is it the Core? Is it the entire "8 ring thing" depicted in the galaxy map panel?

1709289811647.png

C'mon - it's completely clear.

(Not that fdev are always good at recording what happens :D)
Does telepresence count?
I think my contribution to the destruction of the evil Titan should be forever remembered by all mankind.

I expect nothing less than an average size ELW named after me,
and maybe a marble statue in front of the government building in the capital city, so that people can see my heroic posture as I'm holding my extra pip in my right hand.

Attachments

• image-7.png
    image-7.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Do you have to be present when the actual Titan heart is destroyed? (I guess the heart is the ring that’s shown on galmap)

Or do you just have to participate and hit the exposed core at some point?

The post seems to imply that you just have to participate at some point. It’s very difficult to be there at the right moment with so many broken instances around.

It would be nice if I could actually make it all the way to the titan and find there was something to do when I got there, instead of it being bugged to hell and either stuck open at 0% or not opening at all...

If they're going to funnel all of the (interested) playerbase to the same place to do the same thing, then they need to make sure that the servers, etc. can cope with the number of players, and that the event that everyone is there for will actually work.

It's endlessly frustrating to be interdicted over and over on the way to the cloud, then a hassle to get through the cloud itself, just to find nothing useful when you get there, then you either die or have to fight your way out again to relog and come back to hope that it'll be working by the time you get back... and it's not!

Don't think I've managed to get into a single non-bugged instance at the titan yet...

My experience is the same. You get all the way there and find out it’s bugged, then you need to go all the way back to the carrier to rearm because you’re low on caustic sinks and do it all over again just hoping you don’t get a bugged instance.

More often than not, it’s bugged.

This is NOT good gameplay, especially when they want to release exclusive rewards for doing it. They should give those out to everyone that even manages to get to the Titan.

Taranis is exploding now. Just doing it very slowly.

As Ivanova so aptly put it: "No boom today. Boom tomorrow."
I gave up in open and tried in solo a few minutes before the finale, managed to hit one vent with the nanite torpedo but the thermal vent thing closed before I got to it so don't think I managed to damage it. Ship blew up shortly after, as I was being absolutely plastered by turrets and scouts and whatever else. By the time I got back, it was dead.

So probably won't get the decals, whatever for contributing to this kill, through no fault of my own thanks to FDev's bugged-out event coding and shoddy instancing. Bit cheesed off about it, but hopefully they will learn and improve the way it works for the other titans...

Top Bottom