Add a Soaked! Type expansion pack

It’s almost certain that there will be a Planet Coaster 2 because there is not much more they can do with the current game. An upgraded engine will require a new game.

While i still very much enjoy Planet Coaster, i would welcome a second one. If they were able to combine the stuff they did for JWE and Planet Zoo with Planet Coaster it would be beautiful :D Like Procedural building (Fences, maybe even walls)

I agree with alot that breezerHOG says. Stuff like rocks and trees would obviously be able to be transferred in both games. Yet alot of things engine related and guest and AI related etc probably wouldn't which might be a good thing because it would give reason to upgrade to a better, faster, much more improved and optimized engine.

I also doubt Planet Splash would be as popular as a stand alone game like Planet Coaster or Planet Zoo. I would love to see it as a big expansion to Planco2. Also yes please share this "confirmation" because although i'm also sure that there must be a Planco2 in the works hoping fixing the stuff from the first one I haven't heard anything about this.

I agree with alot that breezerHOG says. Stuff like rocks and trees would obviously be able to be transferred in both games. Yet alot of things engine related and guest and AI related etc probably wouldn't which might be a good thing because it would give reason to upgrade to a better, faster, much more improved and optimized engine.

I also doubt Planet Splash would be as popular as a stand alone game like Planet Coaster or Planet Zoo. I would love to see it as a big expansion to Planco2. Also yes please share this "confirmation" because although i'm also sure that there must be a Planco2 in the works hoping fixing the stuff from the first one I haven't heard anything about this.

I am a fan of waterparks. I would be happy with Planet Splash before Planco Getting the peeps to swim in the water might require a more advanced Cobra Engine then Planet Zoo has. However, as RCT3 was my perferred childhood game, I hope Planet Zoo and Planet Splash eventatlly evolve into Planet Resort. By that time, Frontier might be able to make rollercoasters with separate exit and entrance stations.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
The changes in Plazoo are nowhere near the same as the type of changes from Unreal Engine 3 to Unreal Engine 4 or Unity 5

Plazoo is the same exact game, with the same exact toolset, the only difference is its not bogged down by poorly optimized code. The terrain system hasnt changed, the pathing system hasnt changed, the wall building system hasnt changed, the guests have barely changed, the employee system has barely changed. All they did was remove the coaster editor and replaced it with animal enclosures, and added a few new small features that could easily work in Planco if it wasnt for the fact that Planco is poorly optimized

RCT3 was far more advanced than RCT1/2 and yet RCT3 was able to upload/transfer blueprints from the older games, as well as have fully featured expansions

There is absolutely no reason why basic scenery objects such as rocks, plants, and walls, cant be simply transferred from one game to the other. I watched a video of Silvarret reviewing every individual scenery piece in Plazoo and even he said many objects are duplicated from Planco
Planet Zoo is definitely not the exact same game. You have a serious misunderstanding of game engines, the Cobra engine in particular in this case.

dNaceZk.gif

You have a serious misunderstanding of game engines
I wont disagree that I dont know much about coding, but I will disagree with you when you say Plazoo is "far" more advanced. Its barely any different at all

Scenery objects in Planet Zoo need to have support for the animals. For example, rocks. You can use rocks to keep animals in their enclosure, or as climbable objects for them. Every scenery object also needs to support the weather system in Planet Zoo. For example, when it snows, it needs to settle on these objects when its cold enough. Or when it rains, the objects should have a wet texture to them. Planet Coaster objects were not made with these types of features in mind, which is one of the reasons why they probably cannot be easily transferred over.
this^ is the only legit response that actually makes sense, and is literally the only major difference in Plazoo

But why did the devs choose not to add this feature into Planco? is it because Planco needed an entirely new engine(no)? or was it simply easier to stop trying to add new features to an already bogged down source code, and start stripping out features in order to optimize the code for a new game(yes)?

Either way, the Cobra engine is Plazoo still shares enough similarities with Planco that it is not an entirely new engine, it is simply modified and re-optimized. If the devs public released the internal code for the engine, I'm sure people would discover that the devs did not rewrite the entire engine from scratch, cause if they did that would just be silly.

I will also stand by my belief that, with Plazoo the devs have had enough time to figure out how to solve all the issues with the engine so that future sequels can/should be fully compatible with Plazoo. If they decide to claim Planco2 is an all new engine from Plazoo, I will be in total disbelief lol.

I will also stand by my belief that, with Plazoo the devs have had enough time to figure out how to solve all the issues with the engine so that future sequels can/should be fully compatible with Plazoo. If they decide to claim Planco2 is an all new engine from Plazoo, I will be in total disbelief lol.

You see and this is the whole Problem. All your arguments come not from knowing for a fact, but from believing. If you believe so hard that your mind can't be changed by proof, it is pointless for us to engage in a conversation about it. Keep believing, whatever. The Devs are the only People that actually know what is going on with the Engines, and if you don't trust their word then i don't know what to say anymore.

The thing is, whenever Planet Coaster 2 happens, the engine would've probably had further iterations once again. With every Frontier release, no matter what game it is, you will pretty much always find that their engine is changing in some way. This is because the developers are always learning new things that they can do with their engine to further enhance it, and as new technology comes around, you can almost guarantee that changes will be made.

Like others have said, you clearly have a misunderstanding of game engines and how developers work.

RCT3 was able to upload/transfer blueprints from RCT1/2 even though RCT3 was a huge step up in gameplay, and RCT3 had 2 full expansions adding a variety of new features into the game

Frontier has been working on the Cobra engine for over 5 years. by the time Planco2 is released in a couple years, the devs should have all the issues with the engine fixed up to support large expansions just like RCT3, theres really no reason that its not possible to recreate the full experience of RCT3 at some point in the future.

Do you really think it would be a better idea to make a standalone water park game instead of an expansion when many people want water rides and pools to be part of their parks? i mean people have gone out of their way to make water parks in the game, so its safe to say water parks would be much more popular as an expansion instead of a standalone game.

Last edited:
the devs should have all the issues with the engine fixed up to support large expansions just like RCT3
The developers can support large expansions with Planet Coaster. They can do any size of DLC they want, it doesn't matter on the engine. They just cannot support a Water Park DLC (like they have said countless times) due to the amount of work it would require. If they were to do it, it would be a very pricey DLC which would probably result in lower sales. We are not in 2005 anymore, and times have changed. Large game expansions is not a route many developers take anymore.

The developers can support large expansions with Planet Coaster. They can do any size of DLC they want, it doesn't matter on the engine. They just cannot support a Water Park DLC (like they have said countless times) due to the amount of work it would require. If they were to do it, it would be a very pricey DLC which would probably result in lower sales. We are not in 2005 anymore, and times have changed. Large game expansions is not a route many developers take anymore.
They said he will not add the water park on Planet Coaster but he never said no for a new game (like planet zoo) but this time, in a water park version

I bet in several years we will have a Planet Coaster 2 with waterpark additions. Lots of video games had sequels. It makes sense for Planet Coaster because the first game is not as good as it could have been, a second game would use an upgraded Cobra engine like Zoo. It could have weather, more interactive elements, better water physics, better frame rates with bigger parks, and maybe even a bigger building area and more variety in landscapes. I mean RCT had sequels so it makes sense for Planet Coaster to have a sequel.

I bet in several years we will have a Planet Coaster 2 with waterpark additions. Lots of video games had sequels. It makes sense for Planet Coaster because the first game is not as good as it could have been, a second game would use an upgraded Cobra engine like Zoo. It could have weather, more interactive elements, better water physics, better frame rates with bigger parks, and maybe even a bigger building area and more variety in landscapes. I mean RCT had sequels so it makes sense for Planet Coaster to have a sequel.

I hope so, and if we have to believe that roadmap leak about Planco2/Project Einstein it looks like it would be coming for sure. It would also only be logical to improve on the things that didn't go that well for Planco1. Unfortunately it's just gonna take a while

I honestly didn't think Frontier would ever make Planet Zoo. Well they did. I made a comment on one of the videos that I hope this means "Planet Splash is next." Given how much I am a fan of water-parks, I'd pre-order the game. I know there's a few things Frontier would have to figure out in order for that to be possible- like creating separate exits and entrances and getting changed from clothes to water clothes.

Then of course after that, Planco 2, or Planet Resort. My hope is that it'd have features of Planet Coaster, Planet Splash, and Planet Zoo. Planet coaster is a wonderful spiritual successor to RCT3, (not including the packs) But if Planet Resort had everything, I"d go nuts

I honestly didn't think Frontier would ever make Planet Zoo. Well they did. I made a comment on one of the videos that I hope this means "Planet Splash is next." Given how much I am a fan of water-parks, I'd pre-order the game.
Personally, I don't think they would be able to make an entire game just for water parks. Planet Zoo works as its own game because of the many mechanics it has, and how much content can be made for a Zoo game. I can think of a ton of DLC ideas for Planet Zoo and I'm sure Frontier has a load too. I don't think you can go very in-depth with a water park imo.

And I don't think I've ever seen a water park only game. So if Frontier ever does consider doing something with swimming pools, slides, etc, I think it would be either a big DLC pack (very unlikely), or apart of a new game such as a Resort, or second Planet Coaster game if that ever happens.

Personally, I don't think they would be able to make an entire game just for water parks. Planet Zoo works as its own game because of the many mechanics it has, and how much content can be made for a Zoo game. I can think of a ton of DLC ideas for Planet Zoo and I'm sure Frontier has a load too. I don't think you can go very in-depth with a water park imo.

And I don't think I've ever seen a water park only game. So if Frontier ever does consider doing something with swimming pools, slides, etc, I think it would be either a big DLC pack (very unlikely), or apart of a new game such as a Resort, or second Planet Coaster game if that ever happens.

What DLC do you think Planet Zoo would have?

Top Bottom