Add Achilles Terminal in the Hangar Lobby

There are many times and reasons I want to go to the social spaces, but often I just want to drop into a station, sort out some On Foot (esp find new On Foot missions) business and get out again. I'd love there to be a Terminal in the Hangar Lobby so that I don't have to get in the lift, find a terminal, walk back to the lift, wait a bit and get out again.

Cor Badger

Better still, let us pick up on foot missions from the mission board in our ship. They've already redesigned the ship mission interface to select between three boards (CGs, space non-passenger, space passenger) so it should be possible to add a fourth.

Now that the novelty has worn off, I find myself doing Odyssey missions very rarely - not because they aren't fun, but because I can do Horizons activities without a two/three-minute round trip to the concourse just to check if there's a suitable mission there!

I ended up liking the social spaces more than I expected. I'm usually one to complain the second a game tries to take me away from active gameplay and put me in a cosmetic space. Fdev's visual design remains their strong suit though so it's hard not to find a little joy in it... the first few dozen times.

That praise aside, I still find it indefensible that we have to do the hangar/lift walk any time we want to do anything. Given how pretty the concourse is I guess I wouldn't mind visiting it from time to time to trade with the bartender or buy weapons, but going every time you want a mission just seems egregious and I really, really hope they change it.

Better still, let us pick up on foot missions from the mission board in our ship. They've already redesigned the ship mission interface to select between three boards (CGs, space non-passenger, space passenger) so it should be possible to add a fourth.

Now that the novelty has worn off, I find myself doing Odyssey missions very rarely - not because they aren't fun, but because I can do Horizons activities without a two/three-minute round trip to the concourse just to check if there's a suitable mission there!
If nothing else, if I'm docked at an odyssey settlement it'd be great to be able to just pop on and check the mission boards without disembarking and hoofing it to wherever the nearest terminal is and possibly having to stop for a guard scan.

I've bound a throttle slider to auto-run for me so I can sip tea or write a whatsapp while my guy plods to the lift and back. Sadly you don't keep running if the window loses focus but it's better than nothing.

(Edited out potentially inflammatory remarks written in frustration)

Last edited:
I suggested this like, a million lightseconds ago:

But its also good to see I was not only one hoping these. Would merely be a fair addition to the space-legs part of the game (faster income, on other wise poorly paying missions).

-v

If nothing else, if I'm docked at an odyssey settlement it'd be great to be able to just pop on and check the mission boards without disembarking and hoofing it to wherever the nearest terminal is and possibly having to stop for a guard scan.
Another reason for this: I got out of my ship at a settlement just now and the game just... for no readily apparent reason, decided that I should have an e-breach in my pocket for this trip to the terminal. I don't have a mission at the settlement or anything, my transaction's tab is empty, I just went to the terminal just like the other dozens upon dozens of times I've been to that terminal - only this time, without asking, it decided to put contraband in my pockets. And there's a guard next to the terminal.

I made it back to the ship well enough but as long as the game's gonna be playing dice with me as to whether I'm going to end up carrying an ebreach without asking...

I never had an e-breach accidentally in my pocket. Not even a power regulator sometimes, when I'm out for a power up mission. Maybe you had it in your pocket from an earlier mission somehow. I admit, usually just boarding an SRV or a ship resets the inventory.

There's been a couple of times, sometimes it's a mission item for a mission at a different settlement, it doesn't seem to correctly sort that stuff until you land at a settlement where you have an active mission and that's the point where it actually checks to see whether you have mission-critical items and gives you the one specific to this mission.

If you take, say, a sabotage mission, then fly to a different settlement where you don't have a mission, then you'll have the sabotage mission item in your pocket. If you take the sabotage mission and a heist mission, then go to the heist mission location first, you won't have the sabotage mission item in your pocket.

E-breaches are almost always something you have to manually collect, but occasionally, they'll be on you when you disembark whether you asked for them or not.

Top Bottom