Add programs/scripts for SC assist?

Hey everyone!

I hope Frontier developers are reading this forum?..

Anyway, I have a suggestion about improving QoL: add programmable scripts fro the Supercruise Assist module.
The best case if players will be able to program it by ourselves.
"Plan B" is to have purchasable "programs" for the autopilot which can significantly improve it's value.

Example: when exploring, very often it's need to fly to a body for DSS, but the autopilot can only enter the orbit, which in most cases are too close for DSS.
It would be useful to have the "fly-for-DSS" program which will fly to around 20Mm and then stop, facing exactly to the center of the body.

Other case is to teach the autopilot to not fly close to non-target bodies - it's causing significant speed drop.

Maybe players can even trade those programs in the in-game market for some profit...

I actually think this is a good idea. Supercruise assist has been one of my favorite new additions to the game, and having it be more fleshed out to accommodate more stuff simply makes sense.

As a programmer I find it actually pretty immersion breaking that I have this ship 1100 years in the future that can barely handle even the most basic of auto-pilot features, and the few features it can handle requires a computer the size of a small room taking up an entire class 1 slot. How utterly ridiculous is that? I gain absolutely nothing as a player having to babysit this futuristic machine in the most mundane and simplistic tasks. Playing the game is about trading, fighting, exploring, or generally just faffing about in my ship.

I mean, it's honestly very silly (to point of being almost comical) that we've made it this far technology wise but to fly from point A to point B and come to a stop at a certain distance from an object the size of a literal planet without smashing into it face first would require my manual intervention.

So yes, I think this is a fantastic idea. It would be nice to remove at least a little silliness from the game.

Top Bottom