Add the Cutter to purchase at one of the locations that discounts imperial ships

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Hi @Flossy

Did you manage to get an answer about this ? It'd be very nice to know if the choice of systems was deliberate to prevent the discount being applied to Cutters, or whether this was an oversight.

(It'd be even better if Cutters could go on sale in one of these systems regardless, but ... )

It's not so much about the money, it's more about feeling like it was a con trick.
Sorry nothing heard. I'll give another poke.

We're talking about a difference of 30 million credits compared to the normal 15% discount available at Hiyya. Compared to a typical Cutter build costing over half a billion credits this is pocket change ;)

Isn't it cheaper to buy the Cutter at Jameson Memorial station ?
No, Jameson Memorial has a flat -10%, which is lower than the -15% you get in systems under LYR.
The advantage is that it is a one stop shop, where you find everything, whilst elsewhere you have to jump from station to station to get the stuff you need.

edit: also, ninjad!

Yeah, but a 30% discount is a lot better than 15%, hence why I asked for the Cutter to be included.

Things are not that dramatically. It's a 30 millions difference for hull alone between LYR 15% discount and the non-existent 30% discounted Cutter.

But, a Cutter can get really expensive due to its big size 7 and size 8 modules.
So you have to go get those modules from LYR space anyway.
And when your ship might get to 1+ billion what's 30 millions?

No, Jameson Memorial has a flat -10%, which is lower than the -15% you get in systems under LYR.
The advantage is that it is a one stop shop, where you find everything, whilst elsewhere you have to jump from station to station to get the stuff you need.

edit: also, ninjad!
Thx for info.
I am one of LYR's PP bitches, Do I therefore get a bigger discount :D

Thx for info.
I am one of LYR's PP bitches, Do I therefore get a bigger discount :D
If you're looking for discounted Imperial ships, Hiyya Orbital in Arjung is the place you want to visit, then.

They know me very well: every time I land at that station, they know I will leave in a Cutter, no matter which ship I flew in!

If you're looking for discounted Imperial ships, Hiyya Orbital in Arjung is the place you want to visit, then.

They know me very well: every time I land at that station, they know I will leave in a Cutter, no matter which ship I flew in!
How big is the discount there?

We're talking about a difference of 30 million credits compared to the normal 15% discount available at Hiyya. Compared to a typical Cutter build costing over half a billion credits this is pocket change ;)
I was reading through the thread thinking "If you need a discount to be able to afford the thing, you sure as heck are gonna burst a blood vessel when you try and fit it!" :cool:o_O

As said above, it's not the money - hell, we can earn 10 times the discount in the time we've been discussing it, and it's peanuts compared to the FC discounts that were floating around.

It's more that it feels rather underhand to intentionally limit the discount to systems which don't sell the Cutter ...

(tbh, even if I buy one I'll just end up mooching around in my Keelback anyway)

As said above, it's not the money - hell, we can earn 10 times the discount in the time we've been discussing it, and it's peanuts compared to the FC discounts that were floating around.

It's more that it feels rather underhand to intentionally limit the discount to systems which don't sell the Cutter ...

(tbh, even if I buy one I'll just end up mooching around in my Keelback anyway)
I'd say it's more to FDev's detriment that the cutter isn't among the discounted ships.
After all, where there are discounted ships, there are queues of potential buyers, fleets of newly minted cutters, and all the ARX sales that come with ship kits and paintjobs.

I doubt FDev are restricting supply to spite people.

Hi all. Apologies that the Cutter was absent from discount locations. You should now find them available in the following locations:
Mackenzie Relay in Cemiess
Perry Barracks in Parcae
Chelomey Orbital in Cubeo
Hi, erm...I think the shipment of Cutters meant for Paresa might have gotten lost?

Top Bottom