Adding new rides/coasters should have the peeps flock to it for a period of time.....

I hope Frontier implements this type of system into the game. IRL when a park adds a new ride/coaster, they usually are super pack for at least a couple of months. While playing the game you are saving up money to buy that brand new spanking coaster/ride, it would be disappointing if the queue is not full. IRL parks are lucky to add 1 new coaster/ride per year because of the cost. It will be cool if coaster are more prioritize over rides for the peeps.

Thanks.

Generally, renovations on rides also bring in a surge of crowds in real life, but such a mechanic in a game could easily be exploited.

Last edited:
In RCT3 we had advertising campaigns which did exactly what your asking for. I always thought the ad campaign system could use a bit more work, because like isukun said, it is easily exploited.

I agree; new attractions should cause spikes in attendance. I think it'd be nice if you can set the day night cycle to whatever interval you want; and then, when the park opens, a good bit of guests arrive, as noon nears the park reaches maximum attendance for the day, and as it gets toward late evening (unless there's a firework show or something) then the guest numbers slowly decline until closing. Typically, that seems to be the crowd pattern at most theme parks from what I've seen.

Having the park close and open on a 24 hour system is wanted by many, but it probably wont happen [mouth shut] click my signature below to join the conversation!

Last edited:
I agree; new attractions should cause spikes in attendance. I think it'd be nice if you can set the day night cycle to whatever interval you want; and then, when the park opens, a good bit of guests arrive, as noon nears the park reaches maximum attendance for the day, and as it gets toward late evening (unless there's a firework show or something) then the guest numbers slowly decline until closing. Typically, that seems to be the crowd pattern at most theme parks from what I've seen.

I like this idea

Generally, renovations on rides also bring in a surge of crowds in real life, but such a mechanic in a game could easily be exploited.

What if there was some sort of cooldown on it? (Or the cost of doing so was high enough to act as its own cooldown, as nobody is going to pay to ride a ride that is under constant renovation, and you would want to leave it open long enough to recoup the cost of the last renovation before renovating it again, perhaps with diminishing returns on the amount of buzz renovating a ride causes...)

I don't understand, isn't that how RCT worked? If you buy a new ride, more guests arrive in your park. If a ride is old, then it attracts less guests. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom