Additional biome and continent tags for existing plants

After checking certain plants that are found around where I live in the game, I noticed that a lot of them lack tags of their locality, sometimes in continents, sometimes in biomes and sometimes in both.
For this case, I’ll use the way the game defines the biomes, most notably the Mediterranean climate being grassland.

Cattails (genus Typha)
Some of the plant’s continents are missing. In this case, it’s the continents Africa and South/Central America, as species of the genus are also found there.
They’re also missing tropical and desert tags, as cattail species live alongside water sources in these environments.

Common reeds (Phragmites australis):
That plant is the most widespread species of flowering plant in the world, spanning all continents except Antarctica (the game depicts that) and in practically every biome there is. Yet in the game it only has aquatic and grassland.
The biomes that would fit it in the game are well, all of them. Temperate, desert tropical, taiga and even tundra. This extremely adaptable plant species can be found alongside water sources in nearly every environment.

Umbrella thorn acacia (Vachellia tortilis):
This plant only has the Africa tag in the game, while it is present in the Asian part of the Middle East. In addition, it also lacks the desert tag.
In fact, in some deserts, the landscapes are filled with umbrella thorn acacias (as much as a landscape can be filled with trees in a desert). I say that part from personal experience.

Other plants in the game that are tagged only as Africa but while they’re also present in the Asian parts of the Middle East:
Papyrus sedge (Cyperus papyrus). They also exist in Italy (Europe)
Nitraria retusa

Blue lotus (Nymphaea caerulea):
While the plant is generally seen as tropical, but they spread far away from the tropics. Northwards and southwards, the plants meet biomes that the game counts as grassland and, if I understood what I looked up at right, even deserts.

Now I’ll lump all the temperate plants that I found which are also found in Mediterranean climate, despite the game not counting them as “grassland”:
Blackthorn bush (Prunus spinosa)
Common water lily (family Nymphaeaceae)
Cypress tree (genus Cupressus)
Elm tree (genus Ulmus)
Hawthorn bush (genus Crataegus)
Ivies (genus Hedera)
Oak (genus Quercus)

Those are only the plants that I noticed, but there are most likely other examples from other places

Top Bottom