Additional building (and research) in JP era, what some of us are needed/wanted.

I think Paleobotany would make Sense in Jurassic Park because of Dr. Sattler who is a Paleobotanist. InGen also recreated at least one extinct Plant

I'm with the OP on this one, I understand restricting stuff in the RtJP campaign for story reasons, but in all other game modes we should get access to everything from the DLCs that we paid for.

I don't even really mind the missing vanilla buildings as much. For that matter I don't even need for everything to match the JP aesthetic. I just want the DLC content to be fully available.

Perhaps put the boneshaker into the JP era, the coaster did have some art and I believe a mention on the JP map in the past before Telltale used it for the game.

Similar to the Aviary, there could be a JW Mosasaurus Lagoon and JP Tylosaurus Facility.

A feed station similar to the one that Grant, Tim, and Lex used to hole up in during the JP novel, being a feeder built into the fenceline that can draw herbivores or predators (even just make it Herbivores and tie it into the Paleobotany where instead of feeding, it just lures the dinosaurs that get the bonus from it.

Maintenance Sheds that could work similarly to the Storm facilities that reduce damage to things in the surrounding area, perhaps also with slow repairs to them over time.

Perhaps put the boneshaker into the JP era, the coaster did have some art and I believe a mention on the JP map in the past before Telltale used it for the game.

Similar to the Aviary, there could be a JW Mosasaurus Lagoon and JP Tylosaurus Facility.

A feed station similar to the one that Grant, Tim, and Lex used to hole up in during the JP novel, being a feeder built into the fenceline that can draw herbivores or predators (even just make it Herbivores and tie it into the Paleobotany where instead of feeding, it just lures the dinosaurs that get the bonus from it.

Maintenance Sheds that could work similarly to the Storm facilities that reduce damage to things in the surrounding area, perhaps also with slow repairs to them over time.
those are all cool ideas, but I think the point of this thread was aimed more at buildings that are in game but not available in the JP era.

I think most of the confussion and dissatisfaction stems from he fact that Operation Genesis had the classic Jurassic Park safari style and yet we did have viewing vents and observation towers in that one and so a lot of people (myself included) were expecting something similar with this DLC. That being said, I would gladly wait for the tower if in fact at some point they make a DLC based on The Lost World and implement the high hide as the classic era tower. I think that would be cool.

Well, the Boneshaker only appears in Jurassic Park: The Game and its lore, nowhere else. And generally speaking, Frontier never copies any existing trademark materials exclusive from other existing games in the franchise. Plus, the Fun management system is purposeful removed for the JP era.

So, if any rollercoaster rides are to be in the game, I’ll bet you maybe they will all be based on original designs and will be exclusive to the JW era setting.

Last edited:
Well, the Boneshaker only appears in Jurassic Park: The Game and its lore, nowhere else. And generally speaking, Frontier never copies any existing trademark materials exclusive from other existing games in the franchise. Plus, the Fun management system is purposeful removed for the JP era.

So, if any rollercoaster rides are to be in the game, I’ll bet you maybe they will all be based on original designs and will be exclusive to the JW era setting.
The roller coaster thing was in some of the movie stuff, can't remember if it was on screen or from the art book at the moment where they'd had advertising that would be on set such as the one for the river boats that shows up in the dinner scene after the Raptor feeding. I think the name came from there as well, but nothing else.

Top Bottom