after patch tritium

Above post...
Takes time for the market to settle..
See how it pans out.
There are plenty of ways to make credits pour in.
Mining to me is bad memory.
Yes iam one of the lucky ones I started elite in December.
Once I'd mined 11bn I called it and focused on combat.
Then the egg happens & l continue on my path not going near a pick n shovel.
Right now I'm milking a system I've finessed myself thru powerplay and stacking pirate assassinations as well as massacres across all the factions hehe.
More than 1 way to skin a cat.

Last edited:
Ah well, I've stopped worrying/thinking about upkeep entirely. I put enough money into my FC to pay the upkeep for the next 2 years. So even if I have to take a longer break from Elite, the ship will still be safe. Better still, I can park it in a frequently visited system and trigger all the FC haters with "yet another inactive FC cluttering the nav panel". If I could only passively mine all the salt... ;)

A bit more serious: I'm still trying to figure out how to approach refueling the carrier. A Cutter load of Tritium (720t with my build) is currently two times more expensive than the weekly upkeep (at around 40k/ton) for the entire FC. I could afford it, for sure, but honestly, I do not think it's worth it. I haven't found a Tritium hotspot yet to test Tritium mining myself.

Yeah, I'm more or less doing the same. A little set aside for a rainy day.. 3 billion or so and the rest is just play money.

lighting-cigar-with-cash.jpg

Have you actually scanned any rings yet? They're full of them

yup, but not many. My post wasn't meant as a complain, though. I've scanned a few in the vicinity of my FC, found nothing and then decided to get myself a new Python for participating in Turning the Wheel instead ;)

I’m starting to wonder if this whole Tritium malarkey is just a diversion to give us something to gripe about.
Fuel shouldn’t be an issue.
If you want to limit player movement,encourage player economies. Then don’t tie it to fuel where a balance is impossible to achieve when it has to account for polar opposite playstyles,something that is perfect in and around the bubble doesn’t work in deep space.
The opposite is also true,if you balanced it to work in deep space the Tritium yields would need to be so high it would break mining.

Im a competant Laser miner but have no experience of abrasion or SSD Ive got a dedicated mining Cutter with all the kit installed fire groups are many lol

Can anyone recomend a good You tube that covers all 3 types of mining and builds ,time to GG

You can get 500t/hr. It is a fleet carrier after all, where is your fleet of friends? Or are you by yourself? Get some help, ask your friends, it'll go a lot quicker!

Really?
Then I can also get 5000t/h? What a bad argument. I was saying you need at least 500 t/h to make tritium mining the the black viable.

Two hours in a pristine Tritium hotspot, 856Lt years out, 160 limpets fired, yielded 77 Tritium. Time wasted 2 hours of my life I won't get back.

Two hours in a pristine Tritium hotspot, 856Lt years out, 160 limpets fired, yielded 77 Tritium. Time wasted 2 hours of my life I won't get back.
That's strange. I have done several tests just surface mining in single and double hotspots sense the update, and have been able to get an average of 185 tons per hour. The funny part is that it was the double hotspot that dragged the average down.

All these unhappy FC Explorers being forced to do something they don’t much like a bit longer and a lot more often than they’d like reminds me of something.

Yup, the FSS still sucks balls. It’s stupid, and I don’t want it!! ;)
Personally, I don't mind surface mining. I find it kinda relaxing for some strange reason. And while I would like to see closer to 300 tons per hour, I'll get by. My guess is that the majority will not be happy with the way it is now, and Fdev will get an ear full.

Personally, I don't mind surface mining. I find it kinda relaxing for some strange reason. And while I would like to see closer to 300 tons per hour, I'll get by. My guess is that the majority will not be happy with the way it is now, and Fdev will get an ear full.

I like mining too and I’ve never thought FCs were meant to be the quickest way to get around, especially over longer periods.

But I do have some sympathy with those who don’t like mining that much, because being forced to repeatedly do something you’re not keen on in order to get to the gameplay you want gets really old, really fast.

If you want to move your FC around in the black, you’d better like mining.
FD have dangled the buy Tritium carrot for FC owners as an alternative, so it sucks for them if there isn’t enough supply anywhere except the Bubble.
But at least there is an alternative, even if it’s not always reliable.

If you want to explore at all, you’d better like the FSS.
I don’t like the FSS much, so it’s ruined exploration for me because there is no real alternative.

All these unhappy FC Explorers being forced to do something they don’t much like a bit longer and a lot more often than they’d like reminds me of something.

U're wrong....FSS is disliked by same guys who likes mining now :D they say "it is not a race" :D
As for me - I would prefer to gather trit using SRV.

Maybe it would be easier if Frontier just double Tritium yield per jump (or reduce Tritium consumption per jump by half) and keep mining as it is... this would make our Carriers go further with full Tritium stocks having a balance point of a little more effort on the mining side for fuel.

Cheers!

Maybe it would be easier if Frontier just double Tritium yield per jump (or reduce Tritium consumption per jump by half) and keep mining as it is... this would make our Carriers go further with full Tritium stocks having a balance point of a little more effort on the mining side for fuel.

Cheers!
I doubt. That will mean bubble->beagle->bubble with 1 full cargo.
Making x3 or greater mining will hit cargo size of miner. Like "go back to carrier after each rock to unload".
So both ways to multiply are dead ends.

You listed pretty much everything that I currently like most in the game. No wonder that it feels to me like the way I'm using them is exactly the way how FDev originally has envisioned them. At the same time I'm under the impression (from reading forum comments) that I'm in a tiny minority here. I really hope I'm wrong though, and there's a much larger silent group who is using them the very same way as well. Only Frontier can know this for sure from analysing telemetry data.
Not for me ....just tried your way once again.
65 mins = 120t trit :) while jump to there used like 190t.
So no, I don't want to waste time with that. Also I don't like idea that ...I can't fly it, but I should manually refuel it ...but I can do remote trading :D That has no sense at all.

I doubt. That will mean bubble->beagle->bubble with 1 full cargo.
Making x3 or greater mining will hit cargo size of miner. Like "go back to carrier after each rock to unload".
So both ways to multiply are dead ends.
We have already to actually plot each single jump. This alone garantees that we must be online and mostly docked at our Fleet Carriers in order to reach our destinations... it took me more than twice the "gameplay time" to reach Colonia in my FC compared to my DBX.

So, doubling Tritium yields will not do any harm to gameplay time and it makes sense once we'd must have a massive load of Tritium onboard to go to Beagle point and back. But this is not even the point... (flying there in a straight line)... if we go exploring, with a full load of a high yield fuel, then exploration will become actual exploration and not a mining trip with some ocasional sight seeing.

You are using the FSS wrong.

The system map is pointless now in the FSS era. A quick glance at the FSS allows you to cherry pick the valuable planets, get the payout for that without even moving or having to fly to that object.
Just ignore the urge to get the system map as you probably will never return to that system.
No need to surface scan anything as all geo and bio surface POIs are exactly the same as the hundreds before. Just an easy way to get materials for the engineering grind. The moment you got your engineered modules the whole FDev approved exploration gameplay loops are pointless.

So just jump from system to system look at the suns, get some credits for doing basically nothing and enjoy the view. ;)

Even the most vocal FSS advocates stopped exploring a few weeks after the introduction of the FSS. 😂

We have already to actually plot each single jump. This alone garantees that we must be online and mostly docked at our Fleet Carriers in order to reach our destinations... it took me more than twice the "gameplay time" to reach Colonia in my FC compared to my DBX.

So, doubling Tritium yields will not do any harm to gameplay time and it makes sense once we'd must have a massive load of Tritium onboard to go to Beagle point and back. But this is not even the point... (flying there in a straight line)... if we go exploring, with a full load of a high yield fuel, then exploration will become actual exploration and not a mining trip with some ocasional sight seeing.
I'm not sure what they really want. It seems like a whole mess for me. Just predicting they don't want us of non-mine jumps both ways. They want us to stop and do something.

Top Bottom