Albino African Penguin?

Do we think the Africa Pack will have any albinos? The Southeast Asia DLC didn't have any.

Is there any possibility of an albino African Penguin?

A Polish zoo has an albino African penguin so they do exist IRL.
1624032390424.png

I had an African penguin born that says "Brown mutation". I'm assuming that's the equivalent?

Got it saved in my Storage Center until I'm lucky enough to find a mate for it. (I know, not great in real life. But I enjoy breeding all the various combinations in the game).

The Southeast Asia DLC didn't have any
I don't own the DLC myself yet but I know that there are either Albino or leucistic Babirusas. But Frontier sadly did a bad Job with them. They look like Statues.

However the aquatic DLC left out albino King Penguins even though they also exist IRL. Is there any hope for albino penguins in PZ?

View attachment 241841
I wish they would bring some kind of King Penguin Mutation. There are so many Possibilities for different looking white King Penguins. A melanistic Variation does also exist in Real Life

I had an African penguin born that says "Brown mutation". I'm assuming that's the equivalent?

Got it saved in my Storage Center until I'm lucky enough to find a mate for it. (I know, not great in real life. But I enjoy breeding all the various combinations in the game).
Can we see a pic?

And also whoever has a pic of the albino African penguin, can y'all send a pic?

There's a guide on Steam of animal color mutations, maybe whoever has it can send them their images?

I don't own the DLC myself yet but I know that there are either Albino or leucistic Babirusas. But Frontier sadly did a bad Job with them. They look like Statues.
That was just a bug where some animals were appearing solid white for no reason. It wasn't a genetic trait that could be passed to offspring. And either way it's fixed now.

I didn't even know albino penguins were a thing until now so they are probably to rare to be included in the game
White Giraffes are incredibly rare, even in zoos, as are most of the other leucistic and albino critters, so that's not necessarily the rationale. I wonder if they are excluding the albino variants lately because it's not entirely realistic for zoos which emphasize education and conservation to be breeding them en masse like Seigfried and Roy did. A zoo would never use an albino animal in a reintroduction program, certainly.

I think it would be cool to see some of the other genetic variants that don't affect the animals' health or survivability in the wild as much as albinism does (most albinism subtypes have a negative effect on vision, for instance, as well as rendering the animals vulnerable to predation and skin cancer).

They included spotless cheetahs in the game, for instance. I'd like to see the blotched (pseudomelanistic) pattern show up occasionally too. There are other species besides jaguars that have melanistic and pseudo melanistic forms as well. King penguins without the typical white breast have occasionally been seen, as have pseudomelanistic zebras whose stripes are so wide they appear mostly black.

The thing about rare variants in PZ, though, is we speed up time (and the reproduction rate) so much that something that is incredibly rare in real life, even in zoos, quickly becomes common in game when many players select for it.

If you have Netflix check out Penguin Town in South Africa. You are gonna' love these birds and feel closer to how life works on this planet. If only humans were as dedicated to a family relationship as Penguins.

Top Bottom