Alexandria (megaship with tons of Guardian artifacts) has gone missing

I've scanned more than 80 systems by now and so far nothing. I'm trying to check belts, scan any notable planet(landable with atmosphere), but I'm also starting to feel that Alexandria isn't here. As I see it there are three options:
1. FDevs didn't actually add anything into the game. The ship just jumped and vanished for real.
2. It seems suspicious that Aegis just shrugged that they lost a massive ship with tons of guardian artifacts without any S&R efforts. So maybe it was planned and the ship jumped somewhere else. I just don't see any reason to suddenly try to hide it from cmdrs and make it a secret. Maybe it's connected to #1, Aegis reacted this way because there isn't anything in the game to find. Maybe some day we'll get a mysterious signal or something(like Hespersus now)
3. It's sitting on some random boring icy world that orbits some random boring brown dwarf that nobody bothers to scan.

I think that we'd find it by now if it really were somewhere in the line from HIP 16538 to HIP 30944. I believe there were more than hundreds of cmdrs at least trying to find it here. I'll finish searching in rest of the list and then try to rethink the strategy.

Last edited:
Walked through the list. In the end, no trace of Alexandria. There is silence on all ammonia worlds within a radius of 135 light years.
Either Alexandria jumped in the wrong direction, or Aegis is deceiving, or the Thargoids are smart-###.
Or maybe it is worth expanding the search area.

Just in case, I will probably check the star systems with their presence, suddenly there is something new there.

I've scanned more than 80 systems by now and so far nothing. I'm trying to check belts, scan any notable planet(landable with atmosphere), but I'm also starting to feel that Alexandria isn't here. As I see it there are three options:
1. FDevs didn't actually add anything into the game. The ship just jumped and vanished for real.
2. It seems suspicious that Aegis just shrugged that they lost a massive ship with tons of guardian artifacts without any S&R efforts. So maybe it was planned and the ship jumped somewhere else. I just don't see any reason to suddenly try to hide it from cmdrs and make it a secret.
3. It's sitting on some random boring icy world that orbits some random boring brown dwarf that nobody bothers to scan.

I think that we'd find it by now if it really were somewhere in the line from HIP 16538 to HIP 30944. I believe there were more than hundreds of cmdrs at least trying to find it here. I'll finish searching in rest of the list and then try to rethink the strategy.
Khasia5.89 LyDoneHuman - 1A Ammoniac landable

I don't know if it helps but I am in Pleiades Sector LS-T C3-12 at the moment, a system in direct line between HIP30944 and Delphi. There are lots of thargoids here. Didn't find any forum entry for this system to be known that thargoids are there. I only find not-human signals here, most are 5-6 threats.
If it's no thing I clearly apology for the senseless post...

2. It seems suspicious that Aegis just shrugged that they lost a massive ship with tons of guardian artifacts without any S&R efforts. So maybe it was planned and the ship jumped somewhere else. I just don't see any reason to suddenly try to hide it from cmdrs and make it a secret.

My bet is on #1

I don't know if it helps but I am in Pleiades Sector LS-T C3-12 at the moment, a system in direct line between HIP30944 and Delphi. There are lots of thargoids here. Didn't find any forum entry for this system to be known that thargoids are there. I only find not-human signals here, most are 5-6 threats.
If it's no thing I clearly apology for the senseless post...
That's normal for that area...

Has anyone tried to fill their ship with Guardian cargo and jump around in the area the ship was lost? Maybe we can find it that way. I mean if the ship's engines are fried they might be still stuck somewhere in the middle between systems. Maybe trying to recreate the scenario and baiting the Thargoids might do something?

These megaships can probably hold hundreds of thousands of tons of cargo, we can't get anywhere near the amounts of cargo that triggered Thargoid response. Unless they found something special in Delphi and that made Thargoids angry. There are hundreds of Guardian sites without any Thargoid presence even though Thargoids know where these sites are. Apparently they are not that interested in Guardian tech unless:
a) it's concentrated at one place
b) it's on board of human ships(Aegis is trying to sell us these two points)
c) they are not interested in regular stuff, Aegis found something in Delphi and they are trying to hide it within tons of Guardian "junk" hoping Thargoids won't notice

It's a bit tin-foily, but why do I think it's c? Aegis claimed they are trying to get as many "regular" Guardian stuff lying around on every site to analyze it. Hoping that in big amounts it can provide us some useful data. But why would they send a megaship to Delphi for that? I believe there is plenty of pilots that would bring that junk to the bubble if they were asked. I feel like sending a megaship is too risky for something like that.

On the other hand, I'm pretty new to Elite lore and nobody should take me seriously. Maybe(probably) I totally missed the point.

Just had a thought but has anyone tried getting hyperdicted along the same path as the Alexandria (HIP 16538 > HIP 30944)?

I now see it mentioned recreating the circumstances of the Alexandria's disappearance with guradian relics. To be clear I just mean getting a thargoid sensor in any old ship and jumping between the systems.

Last edited:
Suggestions on what happened to Alexandria:
1. FDev has completely removed Alexandria from the world.
2. FDev moved Alexandria before the story with her and until the story goes, she will not be pulled back.
3. The interception of Alexandria is a mystery plot.
4. Alexandria jumped in the wrong place, the Aegis deceived everyone and have hidden outposts somewhere, or Alexandria is a bait for the Thargoids.
5. Cultists crept aboard Alexandria, as the leading scientist of the Aegis is the daughter of the cultists, and her current parents adopted her.
6. Alexandria was bombarded with enzymes and literally dissolved by the Thargoids.
7. A shipment of Guardian artifacts was activated in the hold of Alexandria and irradiated both Alexandria and its crew, and the Thargoids. Now Alexandria is somewhere silently drifting in a cloud of corpses and debris.
8. A ship of this mass is difficult to intercept, but it was intercepted from gravitational anomalies.
9. Alexandria and her crew decided to escape from Thargoids and enzymes in hot places and jumped into a neutron star, where they fell under hard radiation.

Etc...

In any case, the search slowly continues, but continues.

Search for Alexandria: spreadsheet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom