Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 10 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think I've figured out what the coded messages mean, it's an error message that's jumbled up in to 3 character octal sets.

So far I think it says something like: "hul/l s/tre/ss /fac/tor/ un/cer/tai/n__"

(/ marks break in 3 character sets).

Awesome stuff!

Also, gonna go check out that forest soon.

Any one reported this yet? Its a new message at obsidian orbital
*Edit* ignore that it was super old

Last edited:
Since the video stream from earlier didnt work, probably conked out for low bandwidth early on and i didnt notice, but much was learned this morning. Limited on time so will give a quick recap of the events.

Prepared to explore 2.4 after work and the new stuff, investigated a barnacle for changes where i parked. Looked all as i expected with presumed changes, shortly after was brought to my attension of a thargoid barnacle located in that Hyades sector.

Went to investigate and the circumstances of a new barnacle being found by Cmdr Laine Brigands flying with Cmdr Kaz Archer.

The nav target visible long range rather than <1000ls much like ancient ruins do, but only once we had Ram-Tah's scanner which would show them <1000ls .
Barnacles are similar, once they are scanned they also show <1000ls so was likely the same effect, but Barnacles require scanning before giving a nav target. Something else had caused the nav data of the barnacles to be gained.

Eliminating the UL possibility, the US site in that system was most likely culprit. Uplinks had been scanned and the Thargoid barnacle nav marker was noticed after.

Repeating this , after scanning 2 uplinks and nothing else , returned to SC and the uplinks had indeed given the barnacle scan data for that system!.

Heading to C2 where Lain and Kaz were at one of the barnacle sites, a regular single barnacle. Nothing seemed strange yet. Scanned and logged that site, Allripe status , expected.

Single barny though, i expected a double perhaps,, ventured onward to the other targets that were gained. 2nd site another single barnacle in a site that seemed large for just a single barnacle.
Collected scan data before heading to check on the 3rd location 200 km away.

The 3rd site we visited , Upon approach to the area, it had a blanked of fog much like US sites, cracks visible big, but hard to see much till nearer when the almighty forest of barnacles were there.

Credit to Cmdr Lain Brigands for checking that first nav target 130kls from the US site. This led to quite a remarkable discovery this morning, no doubt we may find more of these large barnacle forests soon after investigating more of the uplinks at US sites.

Last edited:
Since the video stream from earlier didnt work, probably conked out for low bandwidth early on and i didnt notice, but much was learned this morning. Limited on time so will give a quick recap of the events.

Prepared to explore 2.4 after work and the new stuff, investigated a barnacle for changes where i parked. Looked all as i expected with presumed changes, shortly after was brought to my attension of a thargoid barnacle located in that Hyades sector.

Went to investigate and the circumstances of a new barnacle being found by Cmdr Laine Brigands flying with Cmdr Kaz Archer.

The nav target visible long range rather than <1000ls much like ancient ruins do, but only once we had Ram-Tah's scanner which would show them <1000ls .
Barnacles are similar, once they are scanned they also show <1000ls so was likely the same effect, but Barnacles require scanning before giving a nav target. Something else had caused the nav data of the barnacles to be gained.

Eliminating the UL possibility, the US site in that system was most likely culprit. Uplinks had been scanned and the Thargoid barnacle nav marker was noticed after.

Repeating this , after scanning 2 uplinks and nothing else , returned to SC and the uplinks had indeed given the barnacle scan data for that system!.

Heading to C2 where Lain and Kaz were at one of the barnacle sites, a regular single barnacle. Nothing seemed strange yet. Scanned and logged that site, Allripe status , expected.

Single barny though, i expected a double perhaps,, ventured onward to the other targets that were gained. 2nd site another single barnacle in a site that seemed large for just a single barnacle.
Collected scan data before heading to check on the 3rd location 200 km away.

The 3rd site we visited , Upon approach to the area, it had a blanked of fog much like US sites, cracks visible big, but hard to see much till nearer when the almighty forest of barnacles were there.

Credit to Cmdr Lain Brigands for checking that first nav target 130kls from the US site. This led to quite a remarkable discovery this morning, no doubt we may find more of these large barnacle forests soon after investigating more of the uplinks at US sites.
Wait so The uplinks at Sites gave you the data to find the new sites? thats new....Might mean active sites need to be checked for new stuff

Certainly seen them in glide at that kink of height - not sure about SC

You cannot be in SC at 50 km altitude? probably OP ment OC, 50km it is a lot, I think I was getting the tick and POI's up to 40km but again the galaxy is huge :)

Great work. Can you explain how exactly you get the location from UL in this case please?

Great work. Can you explain how exactly you get the location from UL in this case please?
Just said NN on discord - someone else said "i tried to scan the uplink but it did nothing because i had the site on my map already (as i discovered it). I then flew out to one of the single barnacle sites and scanned one...then 3 barnaclels showed up on my nav list. i tried to visit #2 but in doing so my game crashed. when i relogged the extra barnacle entries were gone." HTH

Just got my conda blown up. Be aware, fighting the aliens seems to go from "this is easy but I'm not making any difference" to "£$&$ where are my shields, oh now I'm dead"

Thargoid feeding / feeding off the Daddy Barnacle ;)

1p5wZPF.jpg

Last edited:
Wait a sec.

Their weapons are alien
Their appearance is completely alien
Their intentions are completely alien

Surely their wars and politics are completely alien? Are we perhaps expecting a war or politics like our own, when perhaps barnacles are the klaxians and the ships/US are oresians (or vice versa)?

Wait a sec.

Their weapons are alien
Their appearance is completely alien
Their intentions are completely alien

Surely their wars and politics are completely alien? Are we perhaps expecting a war or politics like our own, when perhaps barnacles are the klaxians and the ships/US are oresians (or vice versa)?
I really wasn't...

BTW OO might have some missions you're interested in.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom