Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Archeological research is fine. Grave robbing is not. Sacra Oculus deeply disapproves the removal of caskets or urns. An Edict is in place and independent Commanders have our Blessings to destroy all who pillage the abandoned base. I reiterate, archeological research is fine, grave robbing is not.

Well ...since artifacts respawn, shouldn't be a grave. You just have to relog to get your sanctum back untouched so to pray your false gods. And congrats for hounding more players out of the solo mode, PewpewKids, soon you all will be alone.

So my 2 theories are:

1) I think this site could be a puzzle, we have a large handful of items, 4 keys (relics) a whole lot of architect, be it pillars, obelisks or the paving stones around those obelisks...

Personally i think we need to place items in correct places, then hopefully something will happen.

2) it's a map, i think its trying to show 2 astronomical bodies, the larger could be a sun and a planet, or a planet and a moon... but no idea where to start looking for that, so i prefer to go with my first theory.

So my 2 theories are:

1) I think this site could be a puzzle, we have a large handful of items, 4 keys (relics) a whole lot of architect, be it pillars, obelisks or the paving stones around those obelisks...

Personally i think we need to place items in correct places, then hopefully something will happen.

2) it's a map, i think its trying to show 2 astronomical bodies, the larger could be a sun and a planet, or a planet and a moon... but no idea where to start looking for that, so i prefer to go with my first theory.

I can't just figure out how something can happen which has to affect every instance in every solo/open/group mode...

I can't just figure out how something can happen which has to affect every instance in every solo/open/group mode...

Maybe think of it like a trigger? I mean CG's are the same across everything, PC, Xbox, open/solo/private. If it were a puzzle and someone solved it, the next step would (hypothetically) be revealed regardless of what mode I believe.

I've been having a think about this. What if this is all a warning and we've been fed a 'bum steer' by the imagery used. ie the first aliens were good and this is a trap that will propel whomever solves it into witch space and awaken the Thargoids... Similar to Z'ha'dum and the Shadows thus starting the next age of interspecies warfare. The other aliens are like the Vorlons with advanced and organic tech... Just some thoughts...

noob type qu...on planet in question, if I land in a big blue circle, and find a data point/wreck, the data point is the reason for the big blue circle? ie it IS the point of intrest for this blue circle and not a random secondary thing?

thanks

all im saying is 3 days ish and 140 posts, a new/old alien civilization has been found/lost and i don't know what else???!!!. iv only just finished downloading 2.2 is it over already? good work guys i really mean it. but don't leave me and others a burnt out husk of an update. remember the days when this thread would barely move a couple of posts a day. oh those were the days.

all im saying is 3 days ish and 140 posts, a new/old alien civilization has been found/lost and i don't know what else???!!!. iv only just finished downloading 2.2 is it over already? good work guys i really mean it. but don't leave me and others a burnt out husk of an update. remember the days when this thread would barely move a couple of posts a day. oh those were the days.

you mean a human civilisation that came from some of the missing generation ships, no one has said alien ruins, its ancient ruins

As I already mentioned earlier, the data scans come with different grades. This can't be arbitrarily.
Maybe their grade has to do something with the odd codes from those satellites.

Besides that I don't think the site has something to do with Thargoids (which won't appear until 2.3).

you mean a human civilisation that came from some of the missing generation ships, no one has said alien ruins, its ancient ruins

how i phrased it isn't important (well maybe for you) what im trying to say in a jocular manner is.... is this the tip, or the bottom of 2.2?

I assume it would affect new instances, so if you accidentally release Cthulhu by shooting all the things, people who are already in an instance would be fine but everyone else would be eaten when they glide in.
Personally, though, I think it's a map rather than a planet-sized Cenobitic puzzle box (I might be wrong so if you find yourself surrounded by non-Euclidean geometry, don't blame me).

Last edited:

Don't worry, Mr Brookes told us earlier that this is just the first part. So as far as we can tell, its just beginning.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom