Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
These are ordinary mission-generated planetary outposts/buildings - while you may not have taken a mission directly, if you were more than 15 minutes in your ship or SRV, you could have been given a "hidden mission" by the game to generate one of these for you - usually will have an interesting data point which you can scan for money.

That's not exactly what happened. In SRV, see a contact 17ls away. Lock it in. Return to ship. Take off. Contact disappears but still locked in. Fly to another planet completely and land at contact point eventually. When approaching, the contact is CLOAKED. The location alters multiple times and you have to weave in different directions. Finally the contact (not visible as contact on Contacts at all) settles with a final destination and the base materialises.

I'm in! [big grin] Where do UPs spawn these days?

try locations listed here Orbiting speed between 215 and 250 Km/s

- - - Updated - - -

Another one found

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/348422-Generation-Ship-Thetis-found

Now maybee the last message is worth listening to there could be something to find ifnot kill them all...

The description should put the planet of origin either to Dala (15,0 Ly from Nefertem) or LFT 698 (14,76 Ly) if U draw a line Sol<->Nefertem

That's not exactly what happened. In SRV, see a contact 17ls away. Lock it in. Return to ship. Take off. Contact disappears but still locked in. Fly to another planet completely and land at contact point eventually. When approaching, the contact is CLOAKED. The location alters multiple times and you have to weave in different directions. Finally the contact (not visible as contact on Contacts at all) settles with a final destination and the base materialises.

That's normal behavior for a "planetary scan mission" POI

So in other words: Perform an attack that turns targets into sitting ducks, on thin false pretences. Cute.

Last edited:
Hi all.
Just got my self to 46 Eridani for the whole Salome event, 2 things.
1 i don't know if it has been noted but this system (46 Eridani) is next door to 2 permit locked systems
2 just tried to exit to desktop and got the "you are in danger please wait...." there was no one or thing there apart from me, did not know i was a danger to myself.

So in other words: Perform an attack that turns targets into sitting ducks, on thin false pretences. Cute.

And the attacker too, most likely. I don't really know the chances of outrunning the "stopwave".

did not know i was a danger to myself.

Well, I never had any doubt :D. I think it pretty much applies to everyone who posts in this thread ;)

Last edited:
And the attacker too, most likely. I don't really know the chances of outrunning the "stopwave".

Ah, didn't think I would need to complete the sentence with the obvious: "...for your equally suicidal-who-cares-the-lols-cost-only-a-rebuy allies to pick off in a concentrated strike". :7

Alien found at distress call in Maia this morning!
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/newzim/video/30310968#t=179

I find it very interesting that these are in a Threat 0. Reaffirming my theory that these ships may not be as hostile as so many people think. We are connecting the ship to the damage because they are in the same place. But we have never seen these ships attack anything. They were peaceful to us during the hyperdiction. So maybe we aren't their enemies at all.

I find it very interesting that these are in a Threat 0. Reaffirming my theory that these ships may not be as hostile as so many people think. We are connecting the ship to the damage because they are in the same place. But we have never seen these ships attack anything. They were peaceful to us during the hyperdiction. So maybe we aren't their enemies at all.

It might just be because you can't hurt it and it doesn't hurt you. I wouldn't read anything into it just yet. I mean there's also a destroyed ship there.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom