Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Did any of the Gen ships have terraformable capabilities

Don't think we're told anywhere whether they had terraforming capability or not. The usual line is that they would have been targetted at distant ELW that had already been astronomically detected. But they might well have taken some capability to improve a marginal atmosphere, as well as having crops that would have an eventual effect

Last edited:
Don't think we're told anywhere whether they had terraforming capability or not. The usual line is that they were targetted at distant ELW that had already been astronomically detected. But they might well have taken some capability to improve a marginal atmosphere, as well as having crops that would have an eventual effect

Yeah thats what I thought, It may be a Gen ship but my main thinking is a glitch

Yeah thats what I thought, It may be a Gen ship but my main thinking is a glitch

Could be a glitch, especially if there's only one ben found. Dont think gen ship would have gone that far out. Not looked in galmap but on the photo it looks too far away from FRift to be one of theirs. Might be Guardian, or something else. Might get a clue if it's reported in galnet.

Could be a glitch, especially if there's only one ben found. Dont think gen ship would have gone that far out. Not looked in galmap but on the photo it looks too far away from FRift to be one of theirs. Might be Guardian, or something else. Might get a clue if it's reported in galnet.

It must be a human thing if it is Legit as Alien life wouldn't Terra form a planet as Terra forming relates to Humans only.

It could be an initial test site to see if they could Terra Form a long way out though

FP looks good. :)

Definitely an improvement, a few comments:

Still more pruning would be good, for people not steeped in this stuff it's a lot to read. Obsolete stuff too prominent (Panzertand's finding ruins using background noises, old RabittHH etc maps, Spreadsheets superceeded by Canonn tools). I'm tempted to put all the old stuff in one mega-spoiler.

What can I do? section is speculative, makes it sound like there is meaning hidden in audio etc, where that is just speculation. Maybe there should be another section that says next concrete goals are: find more ruins, and find Tech 6?

Also good stuff hidden in (lots of) spoilers, which make the page search less useful (e.g. always painful finding if listening posts are already known as they're in individual spoiler).

So now I've suggested 'less spoilers for searchability' and 'more stuff in spoilers to simplify page' :)

And though there are now two links (at least!) to my FAQ they're both in spoilers :(

It must be a human thing if it is Legit as Alien life wouldn't Terra form a planet as Terra forming relates to Humans only.

It could be an initial test site to see if they could Terra Form a long way out though

Well, it is possible that the alien threat (or any other) might actually like ELW, they don't have to be 7 foot tall 6-limbed green flesh eating praying mantises (manti?) that like cold ammonia worlds-where's the resource conflict (usual cause of wars) in that?. Makes more sense for a threat to actually want what we've got.**

edit: relevant hypothesis I posted yesterday on FRift thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ERY-(Part-4)?p=5564373&viewfull=1#post5564373

the old (now non-canon?) lore had the Thargoids coming across the FRift to attack the bubble around Reorte, so Bovomit looks like a possible threat direction, but I have wondered often why three Dynasty areas so spread out; for resettling three superpowers is one possible explanation, but there could be another. Really missing some Dynasty clues nowadays

** edit2: one thing that struck me during my last exploration trip was a large number of K stars with no planets, just a single asteroid belt. Might be a StellarForge thing, but how about a threat comprised of AI SpaceDredgers mis-programmed to "cleanse" all human-habitable worlds out of the galaxy? Might be a hangover from Guardian days-their robotic battle fleet.

Last edited:
Well, it is possible that the alien threat (or any other) might actually like ELW, they don't have to be 7 foot tall 6-limbed green flesh eating praying mantises (manti?) that like cold ammonia worlds-where's the resource conflict (usual cause of wars) in that?. Makes more sense for a threat to actually want what we've got.

edit: relevant hypothesis I posted yesterday on FRift thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ERY-(Part-4)?p=5564373&viewfull=1#post5564373

the old (now non-canon?) lore had the Thargoids coming across the FRift to attack the bubble around Reorte, so Bovomit looks like a possible threat direction, but I have wondered often why three Dynasty areas so spread out; for resettling three superpowers is one possible explanation, but there could be another. Really missing some Dynasty clues nowadays

Thargoids coming across the Rift and all that has never been lore. That is Oolite stuff, written by Drew.

Well, it is possible that the alien threat (or any other) might actually like ELW, they don't have to be 7 foot tall 6-limbed green flesh eating praying mantises (manti?) that like cold ammonia worlds-where's the resource conflict (usual cause of wars) in that?. Makes more sense for a threat to actually want what we've got.**

** edit2: one thing that struck me during my last exploration trip was a large number of K stars with no planets, just a single asteroid belt. Might be a SourceForge thing, but how about a threat comprised of AI SpaceDredgers mis-programmed to "cleanse" all human-habitable worlds out of the galaxy? Might be a hangover from Guardian days-their robotic battle fleet.

Its more probable that Aliens would make a world similar to one they are from themselves, Terra forming is a human thing though. Guardians and Thargoids have different breathable atmospheres. Terra Forming doesn't change the planets minerals and resources just the breathable atmosphere

Definitely an improvement, a few comments:

Still more pruning would be good, for people not steeped in this stuff it's a lot to read. Obsolete stuff too prominent (Panzertand's finding ruins using background noises, old RabittHH etc maps, Spreadsheets superceeded by Canonn tools). I'm tempted to put all the old stuff in one mega-spoiler.

What can I do? section is speculative, makes it sound like there is meaning hidden in audio etc, where that is just speculation. Maybe there should be another section that says next concrete goals are: find more ruins, and find Tech 6?

Also good stuff hidden in (lots of) spoilers, which make the page search less useful (e.g. always painful finding if listening posts are already known as they're in individual spoiler).

So now I've suggested 'less spoilers for searchability' and 'more stuff in spoilers to simplify page' :)

And though there are now two links (at least!) to my FAQ they're both in spoilers :(

Tidied up again, using your suggestions.
Cheers

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom