Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the messages in the bubble are relating to the Formadine Rift. As one of them is around Jupiter, Drew said something on that thread a while back about how the rifters might want a Sol permit soon. Perhaps that beacon was the reason for his comment. Really am struggling to keep up though.

I think it is. I posted about in the rift thread a few days ago.

I thought I would double check SRV fuel consumption for lots of different scenarios at the ruins and so far I'm drawing a blank as far as increased fuel consumption goes. Rather than believe the SRV fuel consumption figures, I timed how long it took to drain 1% of the fuel with different ancient items in the SRV hold or sitting close by to an item. I also tried sitting right on top of the glowing ground with an empty hold and one with some items (tried different combinations of items as well). In every case it took 1 minute and around 14 seconds to drain 1% fuel. This was stationary, with the lights on and the wave scanner off. The only thing I haven't tried was sitting next to a tower with a relic. For some reason I couldn't see one.

I've come to the conclusion that the apparent rapid SRV fuel drain is due to the bug where the fuel reported by the SRV is not the same as the SRV fuel that is shown by the ship. The later is usually much lower and gives the appearance of a sudden drop in fuel when you get back into your ship. It's a shame in a way since I liked the idea of underground aliens sucking the energy out of our ships.

Another station detected by CMDR Insane4un in Lakland.

Transmission: 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1

Here is a video of what i capture. My brain is a bit rusty at 3 am, so i just post it here. Good luck :D

[video=youtube;bPxb0rq52dQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPxb0rq52dQ[/video]

Last edited:

Transmission: 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1 3 1 8 2 5 8 1 2 2 1 5 1 1

Got "C A H B E H A B B A E A A C A H B E H A B B A E A A C A H B E H A B B A E A A C A H B E H A B B A E A A" or "Cahbehabbeaa" repeating, out of that. First time trying to decode any of these messages myself (usually too late to get my feet wet in this process), I could be totally wrong on this, just FYI. But wanted to give it a shot!

Last edited:
Got "C A H B E H A B B A E A A C A H B E H A B B A E A A C A H B E H A B B A E A A C A H B E H A B B A E A A" or "Cahbehabbeaa" repeating, out of that. First time trying to decode any of these messages myself (usually too late to get my feet wet in this process), I could be totally wrong on this, just FYI. But wanted to give it a shot!

сsyiavok csyiavok csyiavok ....

newer mind. It`s false station... again

Last edited:

It might be letter substitution like you thought, but those are all the first numbers of the fibonacci sequence...seems very unlikely that it's a coincidence.

View attachment 113055

This is what im getting but stuck like every one else. iv found this on wiki not sure if its any use and im sure others have allready tryed or looked at it.

Contradictions[edit]
Some more difficult puzzles may also require advanced reasoning. When all simple methods above are exhausted, searching for contradictions may help. It is wise to use a pencil (or other color) for that to facilitate corrections. The procedure includes:

Trying an empty cell to be a box (or then a space).
Using all available methods to solve as much as possible.
If an error is found, the tried cell will not be a box for sure. It will be a space (or a box, if space was tried).
Paint by numbers - Solving - Example9.png

In this example a box is tried in the first row, which leads to a space at the beginning of that row. The space then forces a box in the first column, which glues to a block of three boxes in the fourth row. However, that is wrong because the third column does not allow any boxes there, which leads to a conclusion that the tried cell must not be a box, so it must be a space.

The problem of this method is that there is no quick way to tell which empty cell to try first. Usually only a few cells lead to any progress, and the other cells lead to dead ends. Most worthy cells to start with may be:

cells that have many non-empty neighbors;
cells that are close to the borders or close to the blocks of spaces;
cells that are within rows that consist of more non-empty cells.
Deeper recursion[edit]
Some puzzles may require to go deeper with searching for the contradictions. This is, however, not possible simply by a pen and pencil, because of the many possibilities that must be searched. This method is practical for a computer to use.

Multiple rows[edit]
In some cases, reasoning over a set of rows may also lead to the next step of the solution even without contradictions and deeper recursion. However, finding such sets is usually as difficult as finding contradictions.

Multiple solutions[edit]
There are puzzles that have several feasible solutions (one such is a picture of a simple chessboard). In these puzzles, all solutions are correct by the definition, but not all must give a reasonable picture.

View attachment 113055

This is what im getting but stuck like every one else. iv found this on wiki not sure if its any use and im sure others have allready tryed or looked at it.

Contradictions[edit]
Some more difficult puzzles may also require advanced reasoning. When all simple methods above are exhausted, searching for contradictions may help. It is wise to use a pencil (or other color) for that to facilitate corrections. The procedure includes:

Trying an empty cell to be a box (or then a space).
Using all available methods to solve as much as possible.
If an error is found, the tried cell will not be a box for sure. It will be a space (or a box, if space was tried).
Paint by numbers - Solving - Example9.png

In this example a box is tried in the first row, which leads to a space at the beginning of that row. The space then forces a box in the first column, which glues to a block of three boxes in the fourth row. However, that is wrong because the third column does not allow any boxes there, which leads to a conclusion that the tried cell must not be a box, so it must be a space.

The problem of this method is that there is no quick way to tell which empty cell to try first. Usually only a few cells lead to any progress, and the other cells lead to dead ends. Most worthy cells to start with may be:

cells that have many non-empty neighbors;
cells that are close to the borders or close to the blocks of spaces;
cells that are within rows that consist of more non-empty cells.
Deeper recursion[edit]
Some puzzles may require to go deeper with searching for the contradictions. This is, however, not possible simply by a pen and pencil, because of the many possibilities that must be searched. This method is practical for a computer to use.

Multiple rows[edit]
In some cases, reasoning over a set of rows may also lead to the next step of the solution even without contradictions and deeper recursion. However, finding such sets is usually as difficult as finding contradictions.

Multiple solutions[edit]
There are puzzles that have several feasible solutions (one such is a picture of a simple chessboard). In these puzzles, all solutions are correct by the definition, but not all must give a reasonable picture.

so many words. so many posabilites. Neee. I am done for now. Good luck.

Anybody else notice the engravings on the monolith (antennas) are similar to the triangular symbols on the obelisks?

I have decoded it. It repeats, "CRYHAVOK"

"3 18 25 8 1 22 15 11" is the numerical pairings.

So, at the moment, we have these beacons:
- Sol (invitation to the following two)
- Eravate, Lave (nonogram)
- Lakland ("CRYHAVOK")
- Takurua (not yet recorded)

Please, correct me if there's more.

Last edited:
So, at the moment, we have these beacons:
- Sol (invitation to the following two)
- Eravate, Lave (nonogram)
- Lakland ("CRYHAVOK")
- Takurua (not yet recorded)
Caucuma "Dangerous"

is that all of them?

Last edited:
By the way, would be nice to mark all those systems on the map, just in case of some uncanny coincidence with ruins' map.
And another question: how do "X-ray" and "Yankee" at the beginning of Lave and Eravate messages fit in? I mean, if there is X and Y, there's got to be Z somewhere?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom