Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Great job - can we get a system map - 6 C A seems like an unusual planet designation - I'd expect 6 C 1 instead.

It's actually standard for the moon of a moon (in ED at least). I remember that, at one point, Palin was going to build his base on Maia B1BA (planet Bieber jokes followed, which is the reason I remember). And the fungal things were found at Colonia 3CA.

Last edited:
JamyThegreat;Anyone on Xbox the co-ords are reversed said:
Please FD sort out this discrepancy between PC version and the Console version, this caused a massive amount of frustration for me.
Over 2 hours wasted when my 'gaming time' is precious ( went to bed having not found the Hip site last night feeling like a stupid failure of a ( console user) spaceship Cmdr )).
Jeesh its hard enough figuring out how the surface coordinates work with my average kinda mental capacity.

Last edited:
Please FD sort out this discrepancy between PC version and the Console version, this caused a massive amount of frustration for me.
Over 2 hours wasted when my 'gaming time' is precious ( went to bed having not found the Hip site last night feeling like a stupid failure of a ( console user) spaceship Cmdr )).
Jeesh its hard enough figuring out how the surface coordinates work with my average kinda mental capacity.

Bug report forum and pray it gets fixed.

The prisms on the towers are rotating, so they can potentially send beams in all directions(not at the same time though). A problem is that I don't think the tower behind the small landing pad is in line of sight.

It's not. That's why I think this gravity issue, that people have encountered may come into play.
The obelisks may activate the hidden power sources (that blue cracked glow) under the artefacts and raise them into the air using antigrav. This would then bounce the light.
I mentioned this just as the new crash site dropped, so it went unnoticed. Even had a nice pic and everything! :D

in the logs in the pic tok listening post find, i did see reference to an alpha site ..... could this be the same alpha site referred to in the ruins or is it a seperate tag of terms

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Another 40t of Ancient Artifacts dropped off at Canonn Institute. There was a cruise ship flying around A 1 giving people a tour :eek:

1. Because Nebula are pretty and have already been established to be linked to some of the mysterious things in the game, so it would be easier to add more things around these locations

2. Because people are going to need somewhere to retreat to when the inevitable happens and people try to shoot the aliens on first contact and they wreak havoc on the original bubble.

3. Jaques had been around for a very long time before he decided to try and jump to Beagle Point. He used to travel around the bubble and a dedicated few used to follow him around. Though he was grossly underused and discarded to the wayside for a long time before his latest journey. In game the stations drives (among other things) have been badly damaged and so they need to be repaired (hence all the CGs).

And as to why we miraculously got 5 quick bases?

That's the easiest question to answer.

Winter is coming!

Regarding Jaques - after the misjump there was a lot of player support for trying to make it a new human bubble. We though that was a cool idea and are actively trying to support that goal.

Michael

Javert

Volunteer Moderator

I think this is a bug that was in both versions at the 2.2 release. It was hot fixed on the PC but they have not issued an Xbox patch yet so I guess it will be fixed in the next Xbox patch. Usually after a major release, PC issues are sometimes hotfix within a day or 2 if deemed serious enough. Issuing hotfix like that for Xbox is much more difficult because of Microsoft QA process so they are probably saving that up for a patch in a week or two.

Regarding Jaques - after the misjump there was a lot of player support for trying to make it a new human bubble. We though that was a cool idea and are actively trying to support that goal.

Michael

I wonder if theres barnacles or alieny stuff at jaques or other mystery content

Then again could just be a dream, theres a % of the community behind it though which gives room for stuff down the track

And i guess the calls for procedural expansion of colonies via gold rush states in the background simulation was at least put off for another year, and alsu jaques solved the pioneers collective call. So it did give Fdev room to kick that can down the road a bit further

Last edited:

Ah yes, the co-ordinates were changed back in the last patch the the X-Box didn't get. They should be changed again at the next update according to this:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/301663-The-Guardians-Update-2-2-01

Ninjad by Javert.

Last edited:
heres a random question for mr brookes

This probably wont directly tip anyone off, but has anyone visited either indirectly and not realised ( honking passing thro not paying attention - randoms) accidently actually visited the system where the next piece of the puzzle is

But then again this could be a clue so maybe not

Last edited:
I wonder if theres barnacles or alieny stuff at jaques or other mystery content

Then again could just be a dream, theres a % of the community behind it though which gives room for stuff down the track

And i guess the calls for procedural expansion of colonies via gold rush states in the background simulation was at least put off for another year, and alsu jaques solved the pioneers collective call. So it did give Fdev room to kick that can down the road a bit further

Jaques has some good stuff!
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/303036-Fungal-Life-Found-on-Colonia-3-C-A/?page=1

new kind of beer coming soon :D

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
The inclusion of Mic Turner in ED lore is a strong hint towards Thargoid activity in the Pleiades in the 3250s.

Mic Turner had a peaceful encounter with Thargoids in Pleione. The goal was to establish diplomatic relations between the Alliance and the Thargoids. The encounter ended with both him and the Thargoid mother ship being attacked and shot down by an INRA patrol.
Mic Turner was later found dead in his escapepod.

What happened after this is still unclear.

Most likely the Alliance continued their efforts and were able to meet the Thargoids again in Polaris. From there, they were taken to Miackce (aka Col 70 Sector FY-N c21-3). The operation was somehow infiltrated by INRA, who managed to bomb Miackce with a new and more potent Mycoid.

Thargoids are grounded and the Alliance forced to sign a 'Versailles treaty' banning them from having a real navy.

The only thing is a big part of lore was changed and/or removed from the game - and we don't know what and how much of the previous lore is still officially valid. I did ask about that at Lavecon and Michael said there was a chance for a new official Elite timeline but I'm not sure if FD plans to release that at all...

@Michael B. - if you read this, can you advise if there are any plans for the new timeline? Cheers!

THX!

these are sector name made by 19 letters:

Barnard's Loop Sector
Blue planetary Sector
Phantom Streak Sector
Horsehead Dark Region
Ophiuchus Dark Region
Vulpecula Dark Region

other ideas?

Bear in mind that if we have a 9/4/6 name, none of the individual words that make up the name can have duplicate letters if the problem is alphabet code based.

So this removes:

bARnARd's LOOp sector
blue plAnetAry sector
HorsEHEad dark region
opHiUcHUs dark region
vULpecULa dark region

which only leaves Phantom Streak Sector, and that doesn't have the 9/4/6 format, and gets knocked out for having 3 T's (it was so damn close...5 pairs plus the 3 T's).

I think the alphabet code theory might be a bust. We should revisit turning the dots into system x/y/z coords.

So I'm out at Dav's Hope just checking out the abandoned mining camp for myself, spooky but cool place! Really makes me want space legs and the ability to run around places like this in first person mode.

But I think I found out where Team 6's resting place is...

Yep Moodeo, I think you are right. Here is the extractor site just a bit up the hillside from Dav's Hope:

And here is why I believe this is where Team 6 was working, and judging from the station logs, ended up dying:

Rest in peace Team 6. [downcast]

Hi all
Found that at 46.28 / -31.27 (in the mountain)
DC07B10EA6C39E4AE4CEB44D95BB2D5DEA91CDAB

Wasn't a POI.
I searched the north to south east circle side, approx 5-7 km far, the big mountain to the south canyons.
Will do deeper exploration of the canyons today

Last edited:
Bear in mind that if we have a 9/4/6 name, none of the individual words that make up the name can have duplicate letters if the problem is alphabet code based.

So this removes:

bARnARd's LOOp sector
blue plAnetAry sector
HorsEHEad dark region
opHiUcHUs dark region
vULpecULa dark region

which only leaves Phantom Streak Sector, and that doesn't have the 9/4/6 format, and gets knocked out for having 3 T's (it was so damn close...5 pairs plus the 3 T's).

I think the alphabet code theory might be a bust. We should revisit turning the dots into system x/y/z coords.

If it's a system name, could it not be in the format of ABCDEFGHI AB-C A12-34

Hi Guys,

Why flying around in EEA and LP 804- an area near the center of the triangulation of the comms beacons (Sol, Eravat, Lave). I have all 6 of the antient relics in my cargo hold, well did...
While flying around I decided to check the system map. and turned my head quickly to look straight ahead. As I did I came across a mysterious red ring. I flew a round a bit, and tried again, Same thing, same place in the sky. Same stars highlighted. I then jumped to another system and tried again. Same effect! Here's what it looks like. Is this a known thing in the game? It only appears for the instance between pressing View System Map and the map appearing. btw I'm using the Vive if that matters.

http://i.imgur.com/Hlh8K6M.png

I got shot down while investigating lp 408-27 4 c. Ive tried searching for the ring and it wont appear now. Going to make my way back to the site to recollect and try again.

Best of luck to any cmdr's that investigate dav's hope further, i'd love to help but I've moved on to hunting down other comms beacons (if they even exist).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom