Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just in case it matters, while in Mobius, I've noticed that the obelisks that give the scanned data have changed positions from the first time I scanned them.
According to the initial map that is on the first page, the active obelisks are different right now.

Switched to Solo and it went back to the original setup as the map shows.

Thank you but known behaviour as well as multiple active obelisks at the same time in open or PG.

k8ar8hc.jpg

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

So did the alien wreckage planetary marker exist before it was discovered the first time - or does it get exposed for everyone else, when someone visits it?

That is a very good question!
Asked it myself, didn't see it answered.
Would have a huge impact on search methods

ok so theres moe stuff there, but the CG grind fest is infill, so has anyone seen any new listening post clues ( im continuing a search of a lot of empty systems between pic tok / peregrina / fed outpost / maia and general area for listening posts, as well as other oddities. Ill report in if i find anything new.

Heh, I like your alt canonn logo - can't quite make out the details of what you've got going on within the flask and what you've replaced the biscuitrons with though.

Now you ask for it ... Cannon  [sic] is the secret research department of the Rats, and we LOVE SNICKERS (most of us). Go easy on the Almond ones, though, we had cases of megalomania recently ...

cannon_research_logo.png

@BDC Good work! Thanks for trying the UA placing on the Ruins site. Had to be checked :)

Last edited:
I'm currently searching through named systems for listening posts or comms beacons, currently done 60 systems, flying to each planet. Taking a short break from that to help with the CG though.

That is a very good question!
Asked it myself, didn't see it answered.
Would have a huge impact on search methods

I can't see how these types of things would get discovered otherwise - I mean, without the coords, and even then with a lot of flying around, I can just about home in on something I KNOW is there! Hitting a random planetary body, and just accidentally coming across a permanent POI just doesn't compute to me - the chances must be so astronomical to be effectively zero...

I'm currently searching through named systems for listening posts or comms beacons, currently done 60 systems, flying to each planet. Taking a short break from that to help with the CG though.

some have been found in mel 111 and col 285 sectors ( those ones in the empty systems have all to date been found within 10ls of stars on entry into systems like nav points) but yeah there are possible hidden ones around planets. So sounds like we are both on it ive done 100+ systems myself but theres thousands out there.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I can't see how these types of things would get discovered otherwise - I mean, without the coords, and even then with a lot of flying around, I can just about home in on something I KNOW is there! Hitting a random planetary body, and just accidentally coming across a permanent POI just doesn't compute to me - the chances must be so astronomical to be effectively zero...

well some of the more experienced members in the community are aware that a lot of the permanent POI are usually in unusual areas ( deep canyons, close to mountains, volcanic worlds but in places that are usually pretty rare to start with ) and finds so far have been made around those, and u can usually eyeball areas from orbit and the finds coming from those are pretty quick of late. Ive been finding a lot of known content as well around these points ( mining sites, crashed random ships, and then some of the hand placed content by others)

So a bit of cerebreal action, finding unusual and pretty rare geographic formations and then going in for a closer look if volcanic activity is present.

some have been found in mel 111 and col 285 sectors ( those ones in the empty systems have all to date been found within 10ls of stars on entry into systems like nav points) but yeah there are possible hidden ones around planets. So sounds like we are both on it ive done 100+ systems myself but theres thousands out there.
I'll keep it in mind, i've focused on named systems due to it being easy to follow lists with them to minimise mistakes when i'm tired. We can only hope our efforts will turn up some new info.
on a possibly related note, the galnet post about the gunpowder plot may be related to the comms beacons. So that may lead to some discoveries. my reasoning for thinking this basically comes down to the Caucuma beacon transimitting "dangerous" and it is a system that has many, many conflict zones. The military checkpoint beacon, escaped prisoners, pirate faragut. all points to revolution to me.

Now you ask for it ... Cannon  [sic] is the secret research department of the Rats, and we LOVE SNICKERS (most of us). Go easy on the Almond ones, though, we had cases of megalomania recently ...

https://www.fuelrats.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/cannon_research_logo.png

@BDC Good work! Thanks for trying the UA placing on the Ruins site. Had to be checked :)

Hippie Canonn, Lab 67.

[video=youtube_share;nXspsfoPX50]https://youtu.be/nXspsfoPX50[/video]

Woopee \o/

Not really occurred to me that the name of this 2.2 release might give us a clue as to who they are - :facepalm: I think I need another coffee ...

Maybe hold off on dialling 911 with these guys, if you are in trouble :p

According to the David Braben interview at Gamescom these guys are all extinct, hence the state and age of the ruins.

We could be about to meet the guardians, or the race that made these guys extinct. Who do we trust? Time will tell.
Those interested can listen to the interview themselves, where he also talks about alien archaeology and stuff related to here.

Maybe hold off on dialling 911 with these guys, if you are in trouble :p

According to the David Braben interview at Gamescom these guys are all extinct, hence the state and age of the ruins.

We could be about to meet the guardians, or the race that made these guys extinct. Who do we trust? Time will tell.
Those interested can listen to the interview themselves, where he also talks about alien archaeology and stuff related to here.

Hey Atrox, wheres the link ? :S

Last edited:
Darnit, go away for a business trip for a week, come back home to find that this thread has added 250 pages which I now have to sort through...

Thank you Rizal for keeping the front page up to date so I at least get the gist of what's going on in under 5 minutes!

I have made more tries at solving the lower part of the nonogram,
but there are way too much possible valid combination, unless there is a way to narrow it down
drastically. Even trying to fit the 4C clue as clue about the grid does not help.

So my question is : did we miss somthing, or did FD create the nonogram from the solution without
checking that said solution was unique given the corresponding nonogram (My gut feel is that this is
the case).

To be clear, I am not asking for a clue, just for the confirmation that the puzzle is as should be, or not.

Hi all
just find that on reddit:
By CMDR J37T3R

Exploration Camp C-NO4, old mystery or new?

"I recently stumbled across a breadcrumb trail of 'Listening Post' thingies that led me to an 'Exploration Camp C-NO4' on Synuefe JB-G B58-6 6 H. It doesn't look like a standard landmark to me, and the logs there point to some mysterious discovery and a missing explorer.

It's not something I've heard people talking about much unlike xenohinge or the crashed alien ships, so I'm not sure if this is a new thing or if I've stumbled across an old mystery."

!!

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom