Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Third location for possible Alien Structure. Image enhanced to increase stars and enhance their color. Levels, Contrast, Saturation, also adjusted for clarity.

Now with this angle it could also be the same location as the one shown at the Elite Meet. It could be from another angle. Which would mean this location is close to Barnards loop and and the Running man area. Which means this looks like this could be from the locked COL 70 sector.

good thing even the 10 or so planets on sol is a lot to search and everyone who"s helping is welcome

only if we could organise a search hoping planets till we are done:)

I'll head there tonight, I'm optimistic due to Drews comment about folks wanting a SOL permit in the not so distant future. I won't be in open though, due to a recent unplanned 13000000 cr expenditure. Thanks Guys![mad]

Another thing, I asked a question during the launch day live stream about whether Cannon will have more interesting and wonderful puzzles to solve and his reply was something along the lines of "you're assuming you have already solved the ones you know about" I will find a link...

EDIT: Here it is!

https://youtu.be/9wZvsPerJD4

Yeah. We probably still have more work to do with the older stuff. I mean.. The barnacles alone have given us nothing but meta-alloy. Spectrogram still doesnt seem to be solved.

We then have the beacon at the end 1:25 which looking at the location of the pleiades and andromeda is probably located somewhere around the Hyades or Col 285 sector on a binary planet or moon in close orbit to its parent body
I've been trying to triangulate based on that position. I'm almost certain the two bright stars underneath that moon are Phakt and Epsilon Columbae.

I roughly estimated the Synuefe sector.

Look for hovering capital ships on the surface!

I've been rolling around on Sedna 6 D A last hour or so.
Place is littered with blue circles, but all standard stuff so far.

Only thing that looked new to me was a landed security vessel. Since I was wanted (liberated some cargo along the way) I circled wide around it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the "clues" gathered from the trailers in the past proven to lead nowhere? All the work that went into piecing together the exact location of the UA in the wings trailer (or whichever it was), then the barnacle and the crashed type 9 in the 2.0 trailer... Weren't they all just found in other places that didn't necessarily match up with the trailer?

Though it's not impossible that this time could be different, I think maybe don't work TOO hard trying decipher what the little blue blob is next to Andromeda in the 2.2 trailer. (Unless you really want to!) I'll be searching Merope 5c first though.

It's true. Trailer locations have never once matched the in game locations.

We have two systems from the UA/UP. One is locked.
From the news we know that Sol has had visitors and then there is Sirius.

Not much more realy.

I'm not sure I can get over the way FD gives us the story.

I mean :

Here people are, watching an IRL trailer, decoding the images and stuff...

Am I the only one who would really prefer some ingame lore ??

I think it's really cheap on their end..

There are not in game tools nor can the game engine support it at this time. I am sure we will get science and research stations in the future. With the game in its current state, all of the puzzles will be way to simplified and easy. It would be a hollow victory because they would have to basically hand out all the info.

At this time I would rather have the harder out of game discovery process than the very simplified discovery process that the game is currently capable of. I am very sure that in the future we will have a full in game tool set available.

I THINK I FOUND IT!!!

Synuefe xr-h d11-102

It has a Ringed brown dwarf. A couple of binary moons and the alignment of stars with Peliades is exact including the circle of three.

Pictures or it didn't happen. ;) (Not of the alien structure but the alignment with the background etc. if it's possible)

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can get over the way FD gives us the story.

I mean :

Here people are, watching an IRL trailer, decoding the images and stuff...

Am I the only one who would really prefer some ingame lore ??

I think it's really cheap on their end..

I'm with you there. I'm just not convinced they have not given us something that we missed/are missing by concentrating on clues from trailers/irl comments/mysteriously appearing celestial bodies. Going over the last threads (oh my) trying to find a lead that was dismissed maybe too easily.
For the record, I don't envy FD in trying to find the right solution to presenting a good riddle these days, it may be that they also adjust to how we go about it. "What, they didn't find the clues we left ingame but used a meta workaround (Jaques for example), let's implement a RL/meta approach from now". I'd love to read their notes in a few years time.

Guessing a wide area approach and some luck should do the trick... or a bribe

In regards to what?

Galactic News: Palin Announces Development
26 OCT 3302
Professor Ishmael Palin, founder and former director of the Palin Institute, has released a statement concerning his ongoing research into meta-alloys.

"I have discovered previously unidentified properties that could make the meta-alloys ideally suited to the development of robust new materials – materials that could be used to great effect in combat starships."

"My research is still at an early stage and I am far from developing a working prototype, but the early signs are very encouraging. This discovery could herald a major step forward in the development of defensive technologies."

Professor Palin has been researching meta-alloys from his personal research base on Maia A 3 a since he resigned from the Palin Institute in April. He closed his statement with a promise to share his progress with the galactic community.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom