Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I know others have already answered you, but I thought I'd point out that the cluster blob starts to become visible and look like that when you're around 2-3kly from the nebula. It remains really bright until you start to enter it.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5537/30943345252_79ec3fda3b_h.jpg
No, really. Whats the big deal about the Stars anyway? I thought it is a common phenomenon because FD took Hubble data of brown dwarfs and replaced it with A and B stars. Because of their density in that region they look so bright from very far.
Thats the same with the omega nebula, but since the background is less lit you see it better.
Is something pointing to that region?

uunless something comes of the ruins, perhaps finding that imperial eagle on alioth landable the guy from meta inc is a hint to follow up ?

uunless something comes of the ruins, perhaps finding that imperial eagle on alioth landable the guy from meta inc is a hint to follow up ?

is anyone searching for this, or do the collective think it might just be a storyline galnet lure with no imperial eagle actually being on the planet ?

worth a shot. although whether you can get any "Exodus documents" from it is another question. It might be a red herring.

EAFOTS EA-Q D5-9 3. Degraded emissions spawn, tried to drop in, crashed to desktop. It didn't respawn in my instance. About 2kls from the primary star.

EAFOTS EA-Q D5-9 3. Degraded emissions spawn, tried to drop in, crashed to desktop. It didn't respawn in my instance. About 2kls from the primary star.

What was the threat level if 0 it was probably just the usual large/small data caches, ooccupied escape pods and random materials

If anything else might be worth a bug report ( level 2 is UPs around maia)

from my experience those sorts appear up to 10000ly out from sol and are irregular deep space signal sources ( but the fact it caused a bug and crash is unusual)

also the reference to a crashed imperial eagle in aloith , my bet is if there are any landables there they should be scoured ( or check for named npcs in space or herald stories in station). I dont think Fdev wold have mentioned it otherwise, and references to exodus is a big key ( could tie in with dynasty expedtiion) and i think advancing the storyline is imporatnt. If i hear nothing i may go and get alied and start a search myself

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I still plan to figure out how random and glitchy stuff is (will assume RNG > story line and glitches > story line for the moment), and get some minor tests done; not sure how many others are still interested.
If the timing works for me, I am ofcourse interested in this seeing as the venture two days ago wasn't exactly an astounding success :rolleyes:
Still, contemplating going out into the Black to support CoR as well though. The choices, the choices...

Gents apologies if i have missed it but have any unregistered comms beacons been found in the PLAA AEC sector for the CG?

I still plan to figure out how random and glitchy stuff is (will assume RNG > story line and glitches > story line for the moment), and get some minor tests done; not sure how many others are still interested.

I'm at the ruins every. single. day. I'm still working on recording and analyzing audio, as well as trying every kind of experiment that I can think of. I've been interested in getting with a small group (wing-size) of commanders to see if things work better than they did the other day with the large group.

Something interesting, but probably an instancing issue (won't know until we can get another group there, though)... At one point during our large meet-up, I was seeing an overlap of the audio spectra when recording a single obelisk. By that I mean that it *appeared* that I was getting the audio spectra from multiple obelisks at one time. It'd be interesting to see if that happens with just 3 or 4 of us there.

OPINION: we have already found all the probes

It seems that there should be 4 probes for given sector, one trasmitting at :00, another at :15, another at :30 and another at :45.

4 have been found in the rift
4 have been found in the gap
3 have been found in the conflux

this might lead to think that one is missing in the conflux, but:

In the rift and in the gap the given system contined the first probe, then other 3 have been found nearby.
In the conflux in the given system there's nothing: just a single M class (or K, can't remeber). M (or K) main sequence are not bigger than 1000Ls, the probe could be anchored only around the star. Whereevcer direction you enter the system, you should be at 1000Ls from the probe if it was there, since there's not another planet, not even an asterois belt.

So probably the "first" conflux probe went missing (fell in the corona of the starr, kidnapped by thargoids, whatever).
In game they probably never implemented it. They knew we would have found them superfast so they made this trick to make us consume a lot of time in the conflux.

To this I add that a 12 of CMDR (minimum) have searched the sector for 2 evenings. In the other 2 sectors all the probes have been found very fast.

I can be wrong, the probe could be in the outskirts of the area (200Ly radius), but i think we already found all the probes (they can alway ninja patch more anytime).

OPINION: we have already found all the probes

It seems that there should be 4 probes for given sector, one trasmitting at :00, another at :15, another at :30 and another at :45.

4 have been found in the rift
4 have been found in the gap
3 have been found in the conflux

this might lead to think that one is missing in the conflux, but:

In the rift and in the gap the given system contined the first probe, then other 3 have been found nearby.
In the conflux in the given system there's nothing: just a single M class (or K, can't remeber). M (or K) main sequence are not bigger than 1000Ls, the probe could be anchored only around the star. Whereevcer direction you enter the system, you should be at 1000Ls from the probe if it was there, since there's not another planet, not even an asterois belt.

So probably the "first" conflux probe went missing (fell in the corona of the starr, kidnapped by thargoids, whatever).
In game they probably never implemented it. They knew we would have found them superfast so they made this trick to make us consume a lot of time in the conflux.

To this I add that a 12 of CMDR (minimum) have searched the sector for 2 evenings. In the other 2 sectors all the probes have been found very fast.

I can be wrong, the probe could be in the outskirts of the area (200Ly radius), but i think we already found all the probes (they can alway ninja patch more anytime).

Hum then why ask us to scan stuff 200 light years around? And should we scan or land and search for stuff. If the first are in a square 12 my large , maybe the next is 24 ly. And rotate that square by a quarter. .. now where did I put my tinfoil hat and digestive biscuits

Hum then why ask us to scan stuff 200 light years around? And should we scan or land and search for stuff. If the first are in a square 12 my large , maybe the next is 24 ly. And rotate that square by a quarter. .. now where did I put my tinfoil hat and digestive biscuits

Every kind of effort is welcome. I've passed 2 evenings in the conflux, and now I'll start Jhonking back to hand in some data.
Those probe could be a Fed decoy to make the best explorers loose time 10k from the bubble while they win scanning the outskirt system without knowing what a DSS is.

I have tried to recreate the PR image ingame:

The original:
fXP60ln.jpg

My attempt:
e0kfO4J.jpg

If there is a pillar/relic as in the PR image, we obviously haven't figured out how to raise it...

Frawd

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom