Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The scannable obelisks fade away to regular obelisks after a couple of scans. Has anyone else noticed this? Some clusters of obelisks don't even have a scannable obelisk anymore. Perhaps they're on cooldown, or moved? Or maybe it's just a giant puzzle...

Just spent the past hour exploring the site. Hats off to Frontier, great work! It really does feel like an ancient alien structure.

I love viewing it from above. It looks like an old roman dig site from Time Team :D

So far I have collected the following types of Obelisk Data from scanned various glowing obelisks around the site. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon.

Better and closer in video. I did scan it after taking the video and it was Beta Obelisk Data. Just in case the patterns end up being different.

[video=youtube_share;NbW0gtQvewk]https://youtu.be/NbW0gtQvewk[/video]

Weird things happen to your ship AI around this place. CMDR ShadowAviator recalled his ship and this is where it landed.
mkOdBwg.png

Congrats guys! Unreal that it was found so quickly! Can it be spotted from orbital cruise do you think? Also I'm thinking there must be more right? Unless we got very very lucky in finding "the one"

Wow! Congrats!

Okay.. now get your 10-Gallon Tin-Foil Cowboy hats out for a second..

The site is HUGE! This is just a tiny little part of it:
http://i.imgur.com/fBFGDSE.png

So.. looking at this pic made me remember something.. at the end of the 2.2 launch trailer (right around the 1:30 mark) I think there is a brief bit of.. interference.. kind of like the binary static from the teasers earlier this year at CGE (? I forget the name of the con).. some defined lines with occasionaly triangular marks.. possibly not entirely unlike binary?

It is probably nothing.. just something I noticed.

Last edited:
I'm finding it hard to look through the thread and see where this is... Can someone post details or a link so I can come and look?

Thanks.

There appear to be areas of discoloured earth and rock. When approached the earth below the rocks glow. I am asking commanders in the instance if they have mining lasers and have a friend invound who I can request bring mining equipment. Will post screen shot shortly.

From what I can see, there are 3 ancient pillars, and one marked ancient relic, the symbol of which when targeted looks like it might be something contained inside the pillar (didn't have the courage to shoot it!!)

When me and 2 other Cmdrs drove up to the pillars, our Wing symbol appeared at the top of the pillar; leading me to think there's a Wing action required here. Each of us scans one pillar each at the same time? We tried it and nothing happened, but that was before we found the 4th (the one marked ancient relic)

Last edited:
They are the spawn points for the ancient totem/orb/casket and tablet items. They seem to bug out sometines and not spawn the items, switch to solo seems to fix it.

There appear to be areas of discoloured earth and rock. When approached the earth below the rocks glow. I am asking commanders in the instance if they have mining lasers and have a friend invound who I can request bring mining equipment. Will post screen shot shortly.

They are the spawn points for the ancient totem/orb/casket and tablet items. They seem to bug out sometines and not spawn the items, switch to solo seems to fix it.

Aha, that explains it. Didn't see anything like that when we were in group earlier!

Aha, that explains it. Didn't see anything like that when we were in group earlier!

I switched to solo before I logged out and the items were spawning again, I guess it was just an instancing glitch perhaps? Sadly my asp has no cargo space, so I cant keep any of the stuff ive scooped.

added pic..
cwqPn3M.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom