Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
First viewing of the alternate Alpha layout suggests that cluster B needs to be relabelled, Bi, Bii, and Biii.

Part Bi and Bii appear at the Alpha-1 sites, and Bii and Biii at the Alpha-2 sites.

I'm going to just talk out loud here, and hopefully someone will correct anything that is wrong, in particular regarding the timing of events:

Trailer releases, first ruins found very quickly.

Not long after, the layout is changed, with no apparent explanation. We also get the first indications that we were not meant to find this site first, or perhaps not even early in the process.

People spend time, but not a lot of forward progress. Time passes, and Ram Tah's CG is put into the game.

After the CG, Ram Tah has been able to identify more systems. This, coupled with the change in layout, implies that there is something to figure out, but we failed to do so.

More ruins are found in these systems using brute force methods, with one different layout, and a few similar to the first, or exactly the same.

Galnet message involving Melville, who indicates that he has found the key. More systems to search, and more implication that there is something to figure out, and we still have failed to do so.

I've said this before, but it is my belief that the key to this puzzle has been staring us in the face since the beginning (more accurately, since the layout change), but our focus has been elsewhere. If someone can think of a legitimate reason for changing that layout other than what I believe has been implied, I would love to hear it. I can't think of any reason other than the possibility that the original layout would have led us to a dead-end, if we had figured it out. I think this is very compelling evidence that has largely been pushed off to the side with the advent of the drop-zone method.

I believe there is a cypher here, and if we are able to figure it out, then we won't need any more drop-zoning.

I welcome any discussion, critique, or challenge to this hypothesis. I am quite certain that I am far from the first to consider a cypher, but I feel it has been forgotten or neglected, and I think we need to examine it again.

Riôt

What a view over 10th ruins!
rdRMOtV.png

Because there are only 6 data of that type at this site type and the single artefact isn't a valid combo there.

Hmmm
are you taking into account this algorithm ?

hWZyUzN.png

Once again sorry if im coming across all stupid like. (its because I am ) :)

Last edited:
FYI this is probably nothing, but as posted on Discord just in case. 13.5km up and looking down at the Gamma site.

Zoom in, the large crater directly south of the site looks distinctly like a pentagon. By contrast the other craters in the image look circular.

Now, apparently as you approach lower it doesn't look this way. I've yet to follow it back down as I was heading out.

This was taken at 1440p Ultra:

nice - what gpu do you have? And some special settings? (i see nothing from 6 km)

I'm going to just talk out loud here, and hopefully someone will correct anything that is wrong, in particular regarding the timing of events:

Not long after, the layout is changed, with no apparent explanation. We also get the first indications that we were not meant to find this site first, or perhaps not even early in the process.

People spend time, but not a lot of forward progress. Time passes, and Ram Tah's CG is put into the game.

After the CG, Ram Tah has been able to identify more systems. This, coupled with the change in layout, implies that there is something to figure out, but we failed to do so.

More ruins are found in these systems using brute force methods, with one different layout, and a few similar to the first, or exactly the same.

Galnet message involving Melville, who indicates that he has found the key. More systems to search, and more implication that there is something to figure out, and we still have failed to do so.

I've said this before, but it is my belief that the key to this puzzle has been staring us in the face since the beginning (more accurately, since the layout change), but our focus has been elsewhere. If someone can think of a legitimate reason for changing that layout other than what I believe has been implied, I would love to hear it. I can't think of any reason other than the possibility that the original layout would have led us to a dead-end, if we had figured it out. I think this is very compelling evidence that has largely been pushed off to the side with the advent of the drop-zone method.

I believe there is a cypher here, and if we are able to figure it out, then we won't need any more drop-zoning.

I welcome any discussion, critique, or challenge to this hypothesis. I am quite certain that I am far from the first to consider a cypher, but I feel it has been forgotten or neglected, and I think we need to examine it again.

Riôt

I think you may be right, as the layout change for the first ruins was not a coincidence. However, I don't think said key is as easy to find as you think it is. Time will tell

Riôt

I tend to agree, but there is another possible explanation. If these sites are procedurally generated through the stellar forge, which I suspect they are given how many there seem to be...then one small change to the algorithm (to fix a bug let's say), may throw off the final layout of the site. We see this with planets changing how they look all the time.

Last edited:
ATTENTION ATTENTION! Dear CMDRs and Fellow Explorers...coming LIVE from somewhere in the deep black space of the world that is Elite Dangerous....in 5....4....3...2....1.....hereeeeees CMDR Madwax and .....well... me..!

http://imgur.com/buyzSDd

http://imgur.com/yg5g3Fn

And if you pay close attention...you never know what you will spot!! ;) " Take me down to the paradise city where the ruin(S) are beige and the beacons pretty...."

Commander Madwax by all means Sir please elaborate....and very well done!!

You singing boys left something behind at Col 173 Sector KY-Q d5-47... ;)

oYAhP0i.jpg

N2ckMoi.jpg

Col 173 Sector KY-Q d5-47 9 A
Type Alpha/Elmo
Lat: -15.08
Long: -102.99

First planet I approached. Obvious pattern is obvious, does it need elaborating? Let me know if it does.

Based on that pattern, I believe there's more to be found there still. Will keep on looking.

Last edited:

I've said this before, but it is my belief that the key to this puzzle has been staring us in the face since the beginning (more accurately, since the layout change), but our focus has been elsewhere. If someone can think of a legitimate reason for changing that layout other than what I believe has been implied, I would love to hear it. I can't think of any reason other than the possibility that the original layout would have led us to a dead-end, if we had figured it out. I think this is very compelling evidence that has largely been pushed off to the side with the advent of the drop-zone method...

Totally agreed... I personally think that whatever the "key" is has nothing to do with identifying particular solar systems either. With three different ruin layouts, but being so populous now, there's almost no chance the ruins sites themselves are aligning to particular star systems.

What I *do* believe is that there's a geometry or logic to the sites, and their locations are procedurally generated, and there's some form of mathematical logic to their placement on the planet, but things like the "twin" site throw any attempt to work that out into further disarray as we find more and more sites.

PS, almost at work, so can't do my bit and smash out the ruin combos for another 10 hours or so...

Last edited:
You singing boys left something behind at Col 173 Sector KY-Q d5-47... ;)

http://i.imgur.com/oYAhP0i.jpg

Col 173 Sector KY-Q d5-47 9 A
Type Alpha/Elmo
Lat: -15.08
Long: -102.99

First planet I approached. Obvious pattern is obvious, does it need elaborating? Let me know if it does.

Based on that pattern, I believe there's more to be found there still. Will keep on looking.

Well done!

Ps: who deosnt like GnR??? :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom