Alien bases grow - With an important update at Page 4

All this is cool, but...imagine if we could find out about it...BY ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME.

At this point, more of Elite is played on the forums than in the game itself. This needs to be rectified.

Kaboom!!!!!!!! 1,000,000 × This! This is the reason why I hardly launch elite anymore! The most wonderful game concept ever crafted and it's a read along. I've probably got more hours than anyone in this thread maybe. Point is this game is amazing but I have to come here and read what all the smart kids are ciphering lol. Sorry for going off topic but when I read the above quoted post it hit home base. I just want to play my favorite game that's all.

All this is cool, but...imagine if we could find out about it...BY ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME.

At this point, more of Elite is played on the forums than in the game itself. This needs to be rectified.

Hmm...

The people posting pics here have done so by playing the game, correct?

So, in this particular thread, Spiridon had a theory, and posted his findings for people to discuss. Since there are no existing good ways of communicating inside the game itself, forums and other types of webpages are acting as communication hubs between CMDRs, for things related to the game itself.

If you think about Canonn and how they discover things, it usually starts with one CMDR having an idea, then by communicating with others, they organize groups to do different things (in game) related to that idea to see if it is a dead end or not.

So, the proper thing here would be to ask for much better ingame communication tools. But since those need to be on par with what the Internet itself already provide (discord, somewhere to put up pictures etc), it is probably better for FD to focus on other things for the game.

I can present more comparison shots, but I will have to spend some time in Photoshop to do so.

So what you are saying is these pictures are Photo-shopped, which means they are edited, which ruins any real scientific legitimacy you had during your post.

We want real unaltered photos, not your photo-shopped "Fake News" Pictures.

So what you are saying is these pictures are Photo-shopped, which means they are edited, which ruins any real scientific legitimacy you had during your post.

We want real unaltered photos, not your photo-shopped "Fake News" Pictures.

I don't know if this is supposed to be a serious comment or not, but he posted the original unedited images, described his method, and gave the resulting peephole image for comparison that he made in Photoshop. I don't know what could be more scientifically legitimate than providing your data, method, and result.

They found out about this by playing the game, and the only way to find the answer is by playing the game. If you didn't spend so much time complaining on the forums maybe you would be able to log in and discover these mysteries for yourself.

They found out about this by playing the game, and the only way to find the answer is by playing the game. If you didn't spend so much time complaining on the forums maybe you would be able to log in and discover these mysteries for yourself.

How exactly can anyone playing the game find out that there's currently an alien excavation/repair/whatever going on?
Neither the mission board/passenger missions, the hired NPCs for the SLFs or any of the powerplay factions mention this in game.
The galnet doesn't really count since everything worth reading will be buried under hourly powerplay updates within a day.

How exactly can anyone playing the game find out that there's currently an alien excavation/repair/whatever going on?
Neither the mission board/passenger missions, the hired NPCs for the SLFs or any of the powerplay factions mention this in game.
The galnet doesn't really count since everything worth reading will be buried under hourly powerplay updates within a day.

GalNet counts and those news are quite visible. Stop moving goalposts.

I noticed that the scavengers "cleaned" structures. Perhaps they have been activated to prepare the invasion.What do you think?

jmxniYH.png

Since we can get inside these things, for now, isn't it time to start filling them up with high explosives?

LoL I'd rep you for that if I could Limoncello. ;) A few 'Large' thermonuclear devices placed inconveniently among the other items in the central chamber should sort all of this out for good. :eek: Patch 2.4 done! :D

No. Glanet does NOT count.

Reading a fake newspaper is NOT playing the game.

Nice try.

By your definition, nothing in the game counts, because it's all fake reality.

Sorry, you don't get to choose what counts and what doesn't. GalNet is very much part of the game.

By your definition, nothing in the game counts, because it's all fake reality.

Sorry, you don't get to choose what counts and what doesn't. GalNet is very much part of the game.

Blackcompany has a point, they need to get better at storytelling. I don't mean holding the player's hand, but if you take a look at GalNet it's really hard to find any relevant information. He is absolutely wrong that reading an ingame newspaper would not be a legit way to find out new information though. Actually it's a very good one and other games could learn from it.

Blackcompany has a point, they need to get better at storytelling. I don't mean holding the player's hand, but if you take a look at GalNet it's really hard to find any relevant information. He is absolutely wrong that reading an ingame newspaper would not be a legit way to find out new information though. Actually it's a very good one and other games could learn from it.
Can totally agree on that.

I know they added the auto-generated faction state reports to make Galnet look busier than it actually is, but I'd be surprised if anyone actually *used* those updates, especially now we have faction state reported in the galaxy map. It might've had some use before that happened, but it's entirely useless since there's, what, hundreds? thousands? of systems in a Boom state across the galaxy, but no, lets specifically highlight:
Laedla and Co

Liberty Party of Zeessze

Union of Wolf 359 Labour

Coquim Industry

Kokary Liberals

Crimson State Group

Brani Federal Holdings

Bureau of HIP 1914 Focus

Lave Jet Family

Revolutionary Party of Nuenets
...as being in an economic boom. Gameplay++ ? Nope... to snapshot Galnet's 10-day activity report...
[h=3]
Galactic News: Weekly Democracy Report
Galactic News: Starport Status Update
Powerplay: Incoming Update
Galactic News: Weekly Health Report
Galactic News: Weekly Security Report
Galactic News: Weekly Economic Report
Galactic News: Weekly Expansion Report
Galactic News: Weekly Conflict Report
Community Goal: Harma Silver Cartel Appeal
Galactic News: Abroin Universal PLC Campaign Concludes
[/h]Trimming that down to non-auto-generated it's...

... and they're just CG announcements.

Will it make Galnet look sparse? Sure... but maybe I'm missing something obvious when I say those auto-generated articles contribute nothing much.

Eh... this is kinda off-topic now though...

Can totally agree on that.

I know they added the auto-generated faction state reports to make Galnet look busier than it actually is, but I'd be surprised if anyone actually *used* those updates, especially now we have faction state reported in the galaxy map. It might've had some use before that happened, but it's entirely useless since there's, what, hundreds? thousands? of systems in a Boom state across the galaxy, but no, lets specifically highlight:
Laedla and Co

Liberty Party of Zeessze

Union of Wolf 359 Labour

Coquim Industry

Kokary Liberals

Crimson State Group

Brani Federal Holdings

Bureau of HIP 1914 Focus

Lave Jet Family

Revolutionary Party of Nuenets
...as being in an economic boom. Gameplay++ ? Nope... to snapshot Galnet's 10-day activity report...
[h=3]
Galactic News: Weekly Economic Report
Galactic News: Weekly Expansion Report
Galactic News: Weekly Conflict Report
[/h]Trimming that down to non-auto-generated it's...

... and they're just CG announcements.

Will it make Galnet look sparse? Sure... but maybe I'm missing something obvious when I say those auto-generated articles contribute nothing much.

Eh... this is kinda off-topic now though...

Galnet could certainly be improved upon. I woud have the all the reports in a seperate tab/s and just have the community goals and story news items as the main items of news so these parts are better at moving the narative forward.

Pretty sure they have mentioned that they are doing stuff to galnet and the news for 2.4.

Top Bottom