Alien bases grow - With an important update at Page 4

What if it's not growing but rising? Has the height of it changed?

I'm thinking the same. The structures are much higher now, like the enormous mega thing is rising from below. Not growing like plant but rising, revealing more.

Will any of the guys who spent time there a month or two ago go now? You'll be shocked.

Errr... isn't that first picture a mock-up of what a complete 'thing' might look like? To date they've all bass some form off degradation, and nobody has found one that is that complete.
It's also highly likely that, if the original picture isn't yours, then the measurements aren't yours either, and are not done from consistent positions.

Errr... isn't that first picture a mock-up of what a complete 'thing' might look like? To date they've all bass some form off degradation, and nobody has found one that is that complete.
It's also highly likely that, if the original picture isn't yours, then the measurements aren't yours either, and are not done from consistent positions.

pretty sure he only uploaded said pictures to help the community. like a pie chart aids in saying "x" is greater profits than "y". Who cares who took the pictures I trust that someone willing to take the time to measure and then share on here isn't doing it for the lolz.

The first picture is not mine (but they all looked like that at he end of July). The measures are mine, taken then and now at the same site, with pictures 2 and 3 also from half an hour ago. Measures were taken with two ships standing at the opposite sides.

Degradation? The damn thing grows in height too. Massively.

They do look like they are being degraded, a lot of stuff is missing in the second picture. As for the height, what if the site is being excavated at the same time? Whatever is taking them apart is eating its way down? That might account for the apparent increase in height of the remaining material.

Perhaps the more we feed one, the more it will grow until it begins an exit/event? Perhaps the opposite of UA's to stations is happening? When in this case, we are.helping complete it the structure.

pretty sure he only uploaded said pictures to help the community. like a pie chart aids in saying "x" is greater profits than "y". Who cares who took the pictures I trust that someone willing to take the time to measure and then share on here isn't doing it for the lolz.

It matters because there's a huge chance whoever measured 4km probably did so from a completely different point than when the OP measured 4.8km, which would explain the discrepancy and therefore show the structures *aren't* growing. Give me a minute and I'll find the context for the first image the OP's linked. Here.

(EDIT: Yes, the same points are marked on the images, doesn't mean the measurements aren't completely spurious. It doesn't help matters that the first shot doesn't actually exist as an unknown site, and is a photoshopped image)

If we want to prove it's growing, we need measurements from the same reference points at different points in time.

Last edited:
I visited that site when it was discovered, it definitely looked like pic 2 and not like pic 1...

Certainly don't remember it having 8 of those large decaying leviathan structures around it.. you sure that first pic isn't a Photoshop/mockup OP?

I visited that site when it was discovered, it definitely looked like pic 2 and not like pic 1...

Certainly don't remember it having 8 of those large decaying leviathan structures around it.. you sure that first pic isn't a Photoshop/mockup OP?

It's definitely a mockup, designed to show that there would be eight segments in a "complete" site.

Oh for crying out loud! The first picture ISN'T mine, only used as an illustration of the dimensions a month ago.

And regarding this smart conclusion of yours, please explain the logic in more detali.:D

Posting pictures of just the site from above is not the best way to prove your work. So you took 2 separate measurements, or you only took the one recently? And are you measuring from the same point each time?

Oh for crying out loud! The first picture ISN'T mine, only used as an illustration of the dimensions a month ago.

And regarding this smart conclusion of yours, please explain the logic in more detali.:D

Trouble is, the picture you used was a mockup made by another cmdr and not an accurate photo of the site.

As the original poster said, that is irrelevant. The OP has used that as illustration only to show the 4km. I believe I am right in saying the OP already did earlier measurements and using that as a convenience.

It's entirely relevant, if the initial measurements are based on a fictional photo made by someone else.

While it's an interesting theory, and certainly worth checking out, there is no evidence to support it without accurate measurements based on first hand pics.

Last edited:
Trouble is, the picture you used was a mockup made by another cmdr and not an accurate photo of the site.

I think you're missing the point. My understanding (unless I have missed the point :) ) is that Spiridon has taken all the measurements. He is simply using the first picture as an illustration of those measurements, suggesting that the picture isn't real is irrelevant.

It's entirely relevant, if the initial measurements are based on a fictional photo made by someone else.

They're not based on the picture. The picture is used to show the dimensions that were taken from the site!

Last edited:

No, the measurements are not taken from that picture as the OP has already tried to explain. It is for illustrative purposes only, which is exactly what the OP said.

I think you're missing the point. My understanding (unless I have missed the point :) ) is that Spiridon has taken all the measurements. He is simply using the first picture as an illustration of those measurements, suggesting that the picture isn't real is irrelevant.

They're not based on the picture. The picture is used to show the dimensions that were taken from the site!

Exactly this.

So... alien ships/structures are growing out of the planets? Or shipwrecks on the surface repair and rebuild by scavenging material on the planet?

Are the messages at Dav's Hope linked with this - they talked about some weird seismic activity and abandoned the base; could well be the signs of an alien structure forming/repairing on that planet?

Top Bottom