General / Off-Topic Alienated?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Isolated in what sense?
Here? On the internet genrally? In real life?

Personally I am highly anti-social person IRL. I only have one friend (only because he just won't go away no matter how hard I try to convince him do so) and apart from an occasional girlfriend I live alone. But that was my choice. I've never been isolated. I isolated myself.
Depending on where you live, of course, but people generally don't excommunicate somebody for nothing.

And on the internet? Well, one just can't take anything online seriously, can they? :)
I know what you mean. anti-social is a choice.

'but people generally don't excommunicate somebody for nothing' Yes they do.

It's not online. I'm talking online, but it's about RL.

A lot of my friends (it's a ridiculous number) died. A lot of survivors (among others) were in the Punk Rock scene. A few people, like myself, changed their minds about societal future and how to 'manage' (for want of a better word, within the constraints of the forum) it. Then (last 6 years or so), it went tribal. I thought long and hard about situations, and my punishment for thinking was that I was to be rejected. I changed my mind and now I am alone. I don't think this will make sense.

I know what you mean. anti-social is a choice.

'but people generally don't excommunicate somebody for nothing' Yes they do.

It's not online. I'm talking online, but it's about RL.

A lot of my friends (it's a ridiculous number) died. A lot of survivors (among others) were in the Punk Rock scene. A few people, like myself, changed their minds about societal future and how to 'manage' (for want of a better word, within the constraints of the forum) it. Then (last 6 years or so), it went tribal. I thought long and hard about situations, and my punishment for thinking was that I was to be rejected. I changed my mind and now I am alone. I don't think this will make sense.

I think you were just hanging around the wrong people, then.

As for people around you dying, well, it comes with age. Considering how high the average age of Elite community is, you'll be able to find many people who understand, here.

I'm sad to say, divisions in society are due to get worse and not better. Wishing and desiring things to get better will not bring about that reality. Due to the time period in which we live, there can be no return to 'the bad old days'. There are forces at work that are actively seeking to sow division - divide and conquer - while using the guise of 'equality' and 'multiculturalism'.

Also, when groups of people do not share the same values, and have different 'cultures', as well as moral standards, there's no doubt that division will be the result - factions developing.

In the past, smaller immigration numbers meant that immigrants could be absorbed into the dominant culture relatively easily - over time. However, with large mass immigration - legal or otherwise - there is no way that such immigrants can be absorbed into the British cultural way of life. Thee result, immigrants gather together into places where there are other like them, and the divide between the immigrants and the natives becomes ever wider. The native population is also assailed as being inherently evil for past perceived (or real) wrongs by people now long dead - those living still made to carry the burden of guilt, despite the fact it has nothing to do with them.

There will be no healing until the coming great conflagration consumes society and the world at large - only then will the morning come (darkness is always before the dawn)...
I agree with you. But I WILL NOT take a side. The 'sides' are purely manufactured. Controllable. That's 'diversity'; picking a side. I don't do that. Does the Guardian celebrate 'diversity of opinion'?, or just like to be seen with M&S sandwiches in a leafy self bordered community. The hypocrisy is ridiculous. A leg up, or just tear the ladder down?

I say build the ladder. It doesn't sound particularly Anarchist but it works.

I'm sad to say, divisions in society are due to get worse and not better. Wishing and desiring things to get better will not bring about that reality. Due to the time period in which we live, there can be no return to 'the bad old days'. There are forces at work that are actively seeking to sow division - divide and conquer - while using the guise of 'equality' and 'multiculturalism'.

Also, when groups of people do not share the same values, and have different 'cultures', as well as moral standards, there's no doubt that division will be the result - factions developing.

In the past, smaller immigration numbers meant that immigrants could be absorbed into the dominant culture relatively easily - over time. However, with large mass immigration - legal or otherwise - there is no way that such immigrants can be absorbed into the British cultural way of life (I'm speaking from a British perspective). The result: immigrants gather together into places where there are other like them, and the divide between the immigrants and the natives becomes ever wider. The native population is also assailed as being inherently evil for past perceived (or real) wrongs by people now long dead - those living still made to carry the burden of guilt, despite the fact it has nothing to do with them.

There will be no healing until the coming great conflagration consumes society and the world at large - only then will the morning come (darkness is always before the dawn)...
What great conflagration?
Old Black Flag and Social Distortion fan here.

Look at who controls society - what kind of people dominate in key institutions, government, police, education and the courts. The long march through the institutions (of the so called Left) is pretty much complete. There's no chance we can influence society for the better, and in another direction. ultimately, it will all soon come to a boiling point.
I respectively submit that that is ridiculous.
You can vote.
Change is always possible.

I respectively submit that that is ridiculous.
You can vote.
Change is always possible.
I did vote. Guess what? The majority that felt the same won in 2016.

And that hasn't been honoured has it?
Tell me why the vote wasn't respected, if you're going to say that through voting 'change is possible'; because it obviously isn't. Change is possible if you vote the correct way. That's as dodgy as hell, so think about it.

I did vote. Guess what? The majority that felt the same won in 2016.

And that hasn't been honoured has it?
Tell me why the vote wasn't respected, if you're going to say that through voting 'change is possible'; because it obviously isn't. Change is possible if you vote the correct way. That's as dodgy as hell, so think about it.

The vote wasn't respected because everyone in power knows it was all based on lies and is a dreadful idea, they know this as they told the lies. Spreading anti-immigrant and anti-EU blame for their own failings for thirty years beforehand didn't help either. The propaganda was so successful it actually took the government by surprise when enough people fell for it, hence Cameron heading for the hills the next day.

We've gone from "Easiest deal in the world, everything will be better, free unicorns for dim people" to operation Yellowhammer confirming likely food, fuel and medicine shortages just as we get stuck into the coldest winter forecast in thirty years.

Its national self harm on a massive level.

Vive la resistance.

The vote wasn't respected because everyone in power knows it was all based on lies and is a dreadful idea, they know this as they told the lies. Spreading anti-immigrant and anti-EU blame for their own failings for thirty years beforehand didn't help either. The propaganda was so successful it actually took the government by surprise when enough people fell for it, hence Cameron heading for the hills the next day.

We've gone from "Easiest deal in the world, everything will be better, free unicorns for dim people" to operation Yellowhammer confirming likely food, fuel and medicine shortages just as we get stuck into the coldest winter forecast in thirty years.

Its national self harm on a massive level.

Vive la resistance.
What do you base that on? Rumours? Hearsay?

It's amazing the people that didn't have an opinion about the EU, that suddenly became experts. Incredible that when you mention Mastricht and the Lisbon Treaty, their faces go blank. But, of course, it's the thick working class reactionaries, isn't it?

I'm waving an EU flag and anyone that disagrees is a fascist. Don't even understand the history of the Ukraine. No idea whatsoever. Just a Guardian newspaper force fed robotic reaction to something you clearly don't understand.

Wanna talk about immigration? Have a chat with my Vietnamese wife, okay?

Hope you don't mind me walking into your house; borders are bad, yeah?

What do you base that on? Rumours? Hearsay?

Easily verifiable facts and critical thinking mostly.

It's amazing the people that didn't have an opinion about the EU, that suddenly became experts. Incredible that when you mention Mastricht and the Lisbon Treaty, their faces go blank. But, of course, it's the thick working class reactionaries, isn't it?

I'm waving an EU flag and anyone that disagrees is a fascist. Don't even understand the history of the Ukraine. No idea whatsoever. Just a Guardian newspaper force fed robotic reaction to something you clearly don't understand.

Wanna talk about immigration? Have a chat with my Vietnamese wife, okay?

Why don't you try reading operation Yellowhammer and explain the difference between that and what you were told Brexit would be like.

Hope you don't mind me walking into your house; borders are bad, yeah?

The last guy really regretted doing that.

Yes.

But, then again, I am marooned on a desert island with only a deflated basketball for company.
Make fire.............. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

tenor.gif

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom