All stations should have rentable cargo storage

For me, it would just be just somewhere temporary to put my cargo while I am changing ships. So I don't have to sell my cargo, hop into my new ship, then rebuy the cargo (if it's even still available). For this reason, all they need to do is to ban you from launching without loading that cargo back in again. Think of it as sitting stacked on the landing pad itself, and you've gotta move that before you fire your thrusters or else the canisters will be blown all over the shop.
BTW you don't have to do that. If you transfer to another ship, any cargo you had should still be in the hold; even mission cargo. The only problem is when the second ship doesn't have enough cargo capacity, but then you can't do what you suggested anyway.

For me, it would just be just somewhere temporary to put my cargo while I am changing ships. So I don't have to sell my cargo, hop into my new ship, then rebuy the cargo (if it's even still available). For this reason, all they need to do is to ban you from launching without loading that cargo back in again. Think of it as sitting stacked on the landing pad itself, and you've gotta move that before you fire your thrusters or else the canisters will be blown all over the shop.
Allowing us to outfit our other ships in a station without leaving the current one, would work just as well for that use case. Pick a stored ship, swap that HRP for a cargo rack and then switch. I am sure someone will hate that idea, but perhaps not as much as some hate the idea of cargo storage.
I am all for storage, or at least all for storage of the handful of things you can't buy, are only ever mission rewards or mined, but you have to have for tech broker/engineer unlocks.

images[1].jpg

TBH I'd rather the game allow me to buy a new ship with less current cargo capacity then outfit it to carry my existing cargo before they let me leave, ATM if the default config of the new ship is less cargo, even if max cap is way more.. it's a no can do

Rather be able to pin a mission for a short time to allow me to go get the best ship for it as of now it's "oh $$$$ for x to somewhere, swap ship, board reset ...$ mission for y to faraway V-13B 🤨

BTW you don't have to do that. If you transfer to another ship, any cargo you had should still be in the hold; even mission cargo. The only problem is when the second ship doesn't have enough cargo capacity, but then you can't do what you suggested anyway.
Allowing us to outfit our other ships in a station without leaving the current one, would work just as well for that use case. Pick a stored ship, swap that HRP for a cargo rack and then switch. I am sure someone will hate that idea, but perhaps not as much as some hate the idea of cargo storage.
I am all for storage, or at least all for storage of the handful of things you can't buy, are only ever mission rewards or mined, but you have to have for tech broker/engineer unlocks.
These replies illustrate the point exactly. Thank you guys :)

TBH I'd rather the game allow me to buy a new ship with less current cargo capacity then outfit it to carry my existing cargo before they let me leave, ATM if the default config of the new ship is less cargo, even if max cap is way more.. it's a no can do
Exactly :D

Top Bottom