Alligator and False gharial

Here I know that someone has already written a commentary on crocodiles and another on Caimans. but I am writing a commentary because no one has written for the Alligator and the Faux Gavial and I would like to have them too ..

Alligator is an animal on many wishlists for PZ (mostly on NA DLC)

I agree, the false gharial would be unnecessary, even if they went with a pack focused on reskins. I would prefer other reskins before the false gharial.

Unnecessary because we already have the gharial? We have animals on the game that are much similar between them (brown bear and Himalayan brown bear, the two giant tortoises, two tigers, two wolves and dingo). The gharial and false gharial are not even the same genus, like some of the previous examples. But if we talk about crocodilians, a member of the family alligatoridae is what we need.
To be honest, as a crocodilian fan, I would be happy with any new crocodilian added to the game ;)

I'm not complaining about those similar animals, in fact I would be very happy if in the future we see some species that are similar to animals that we already have (Malayan tapir, any other crocodile, mountain or Grevy zebras, any giraffe subspecies, black-and-white ruffed lemur, Arabian oryx, etc...). But with the current DLC policy that only include a very small number of new animals, I would also prefer to see animals that are more unique.
Those animals might be similar, but their habitats and possibilities of mixed exhibits could be very different and well, it also adds some diversity to the game. Yes, most big zoos have giraffes, zebras, tigers or elephants, but not all of them have the same species or subespecies and even some have more than one species/subespecies of these animals). And for the guests it's also important to learn about those diversity.

Unnecessary because we already have the gharial? We have animals on the game that are much similar between them (brown bear and Himalayan brown bear, the two giant tortoises, two tigers, two wolves and dingo). The gharial and false gharial are not even the same genus, like some of the previous examples.
And those examples have been criticized too. The bears have been a constant discussion since day 1 when it comes to "similar" animals. And the Arctic wolf was an unpopular one during the first DLC release
I would've preferred if they went with one of those 2, instead of both species (regarding the tigers/wolves/bears/tortoises).

I'd rather see smaller crocodilia species before another gharial.

I always thought that those similar animals should have been included on the free updates, leaving the DLC's for the completely new animals.

I always thought that those similar animals should have been included on the free updates, leaving the DLC's for the completely new animals.

While I wouldn't ask for free animals (part of my upbringing :D ) I agree with DLC for completely new animals.
A less costly DLC of clone/reskins/similar looking animals is something that a lot of people agree one.

My opinion is that we most likely aren't getting a lot of reptiles or crocodilians anymore, so I'd pick my preference for species differently.
I really hope/think that the American alligator is part of a DLC at some point. Highly prefer that one.
But after that the African Dwarf crocodile or the Spectacled caiman would be great.

(brown bear and Himalayan brown bear, the two giant tortoises, two tigers, two wolves and dingo).

Literally all of these have been points of contention, as NL_Mutso says. There are 'clone' animals that I want as well (I'd still love the Sumatran tiger, despite already having two other tigers, and the black-and-white ruffed lemur), but I'd sooner see some completely new animals added.

I'd also love to see the Sumatran tiger in the future, as they are the subspecies that are on my local zoo. I just wanted to point that a similar animal doesn't mean an unnecessary animal in all cases (for example, the Malayan tapir). I can't complain about those "clones" as in my wishlist there are some of them :ROFLMAO:

I'd also love to see the Sumatran tiger in the future, as they are the subspecies that are on my local zoo. I just wanted to point that a similar animal doesn't mean an unnecessary animal in all cases (for example, the Malayan tapir). I can't complain about those "clones" as in my wishlist there are some of them :ROFLMAO:

The line is blurred with animals like the Malayan tapir (or, say, the white rhinoceros). They are different enough, I think, that it wouldn't cause too much drama. The dingo is a good example of that - although the fact that it is a wolf subspecies has been cited as a reason for not wanting it, for me at least that wasn't the biggest issue; for me, the dingo was disappointing because it meant we weren't getting the Tasmanian devil. Point being, while some 'clone' animals would probably be welcome additions by much of the community (as the dingo was), there will still be instances where people will be left wondering what we didn't get instead (such as the Tasmanian devil).

Looking at the false gharial, what kind of pack would it be included in? If we assume a continent pack, then that would be Asia. If we assume we're only getting four animals, would you really want the false gharial over something that we don't already have a version of in the game? What if we missed out on, say, the small-clawed otter, or the binturong, or the fishing cat?

Looking at the false gharial, what kind of pack would it be included in? If we assume a continent pack, then that would be Asia. If we assume we're only getting four animals, would you really want the false gharial over something that we don't already have a version of in the game? What if we missed out on, say, the small-clawed otter, or the binturong, or the fishing cat?
And even if that slot was going to be a crocodilian, I'd prefer the mugger crocodile or Chinese alligator.

I'd also prefer mugger croc or Chinese alligator ;) Or Siamese crocodile instead the mugger, as is more common in European zoos)

I don't think that a false gharial would fit in any continent pack, as Asia still have so many other more interesting missing animals. I would say that the only crocodilian that could fit in a continental pack is the american alligator for a North America pack.
The current continental packs come with decorations, in fact they are a quite big part of each pack. For example, if there's an Asian DLC pack, I don't know if it will come with other Asian theme, as we already have two (Indian and East Asian) or maybe will come with less pieces but with more animals. Anyway, even having more animal slots, I would not choose the false gharial for an Asian pack.

False gharial would fit on a pack based on orders, in this case the order Crocodilia. I think that after the continental packs, the packs based on orders or families should be the future, with more animals and with less decorations (decorations related to the animals included on the pack or based on neutral themes).
I really like crocodilians, so for me it would be very difficult to pick a list of which ones I would consider necessary or unnecessary. I would be happy with any new crocodilian added to the game :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Actually, I'm waiting for more croc species to start a crocodile zoo ;)
At the current state of the game, I think that there's no doubt that in the case of crocodilians what we need is a member of the Alligatoridae family, as we already have members of the other two families.

Would love an alligator and bayou tree, swamp Cyprus root log, general tree root and aquatic plant pack with it - sounds great :)

Oh I totally agree I think the game needs Alligators every zoo game I’ve ever played doesn’t have any alligators in them. I would love to have alligators. I don’t we need the false gharial since we already have gharials. Some alligator snapping turtles would be nice too.

Maybe a Chinese Alligator? It’s endangared and quite common in Zoo’s. I have never seen the American Alligator though.
1601020846653.jpeg

Maybe a Chinese Alligator? It’s endangared and quite common in Zoo’s. I have never seen the American Alligator though.
A lot of people hope they add a American Alligator to a NA DLC pack.
When it comes to iconic species - I highly prefer the American over the Chinese one.

While the chances for a full reptile pack aren't that great ((my own assumption) I'd prefer if an Asia Pack would have different species :D

View attachment 189230
The "local" zoo (I actually live about halfway between two of them, but I normally head south due to family being there) has both in them, the Chinese ones are a lot smaller, but they aren't in the same place.

The Cincinnati Zoo is where I'm talking about, there are Chinese gators in the reptile house in the old gator pit in the center of it, the american ones (and american crocodiles) are in their Manatee Springs building (Where they replaced the old aquarium to add in a manatee exibit along with a large greenhouse section that's got the gators and croc, along with some alligator gar and alligator snapping turtles (and a few smaller exhibits). I keep considering making an attempt to build their reptile house in a zoo at some point...and if you have the time, they've been doing a "home safari" thing on YouTube since shortly after Covid started, and some people might remember the Zoo! Zoo! Zoo! series a lot of schools used that was filmed in the 70's or 80's there (can't remember), that I keep hoping will pop up on DvD

The other Zoo I'd mentioned is the Columbus Zoo (And "The Wilds," which is an extension of it), but that's more of just info there...

Top Bottom