Allow the Deluxe Edition Bundle on Steam to be purchased by users that already have the base game

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I posted a support ticket on this issue [#00000260216] and it was suggested that I post here as well. Basically, this issue is this:

On the Planet Coaster Steam store page, you have a bundle that includes the base game as well as multiple DLC. However, if you already own the game, you cannot purchase the bundle for yourself. You can only purchase it as a gift. If you were to just purchase the DLC individually, it's much more expensive than the bundle.

Other games on Steam (Cities: Skylines being a prime example) have bundles that include the base game and DLC. Users can purchase these bundles for themselves, even if they already have the base game, and the Steam store then deducts the cost of any products already owned from the bundle when checking out.

The ticket has a bit of a better explanation, I think, but basically the way the Steam store page is set-up right now, players who have had Planet Coaster since before the DLC released are punished by having to pay more to get the DLC than those who never had the game and decide to get the Deluxe Edition bundle.

It would actually be cheaper for veteran players (though still more expensive than if they could purchase the bundle for themselves) to uninstall and remove Planet Coaster from their library, then purchase the Deluxe Edition and reinstall the game. As you can imagine, that's a lot of hassle for users for an issue that could easily be fixed by changing to Store Page so that bundles function like they do for other games.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom