Almost Bought the Farm (another PvP tale)

So, I'm in Fedmich, helping to complete the two Community Goals there. I was out in the Salvageable Wreckage site....looking for salvage & helping to take out pirates. Whilst I was heading in to pick up a canister of Wreckage Components, I suddenly noticed that I was being SHOT AT!!! Then I see a red HOLLOW triangle-signifying it was a fellow commander who was shooting me. Well, that's fine....I had his number. I took care of another NPC pilot first, but then saw the Red Triangle again & decided to target it. Turns out the guy was in a wing of 2.....but was sitting on only 6% hull. So I decided to claim an easy victory (even if he was only worth 200Cr).

I was in the process of targeting his Wing Mate, when I suddenly learn that I've copped a 200Cr bounty for *assault*. Things *really* hit the fan after that.....with both Authority Vessels & Commanders gunning for me. I activated my FSD, & started to boost away as quickly as possible.....whilst my shields then my hull got stripped away.

Then, just 1 second before the FSD kicked in, I get a warning of a Thruster Malfunction.....which I read as a DEATH SENTENCE. I kind of lost it at that point, & swore pretty loudly.....but luckily my FSD still kicked in & I managed to get away with just 11% hull intact!!!

Another exciting & eventful night in a Community Goal ;).

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so I have video footage, but I must warn everyone that the last minute contains a Strong Language Warning.....and is NSFW ;).

[video=youtube_share;lJfi6n2n71A]https://youtu.be/lJfi6n2n71A[/video]

For the record, I suspect my SLF pilot got a bit overzealous, as I wasn't firing any weapons when I copped the Bounty. Don't worry, I've reprimanded her severely for her actions.....but she is normally an excellent Pilot!

So, I'm in Fedmich, helping to complete the two Community Goals there. I was out in the Salvageable Wreckage site....looking for salvage & helping to take out pirates. Whilst I was heading in to pick up a canister of Wreckage Components, I suddenly noticed that I was being SHOT AT!!! Then I see a red HOLLOW triangle-signifying it was a fellow commander who was shooting me. Well, that's fine....I had his number. I took care of another NPC pilot first, but then saw the Red Triangle again & decided to target it. Turns out the guy was in a wing of 2.....but was sitting on only 6% hull. So I decided to claim an easy victory (even if he was only worth 200Cr).

I was in the process of targeting his Wing Mate, when I suddenly learn that I've copped a 200Cr bounty for *assault*. Things *really* hit the fan after that.....with both Authority Vessels & Commanders gunning for me. I activated my FSD, & started to boost away as quickly as possible.....whilst my shields then my hull got stripped away.

Then, just 1 second before the FSD kicked in, I get a warning of a Thruster Malfunction.....which I read as a DEATH SENTENCE. I kind of lost it at that point, & swore pretty loudly.....but luckily my FSD still kicked in & I managed to get away with just 11% hull intact!!!

Another exciting & eventful night in a Community Goal ;).

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so I have video footage, but I must warn everyone that the last minute contains a Strong Language Warning.....and is NSFW ;).

https://youtu.be/lJfi6n2n71A

For the record, I suspect my SLF pilot got a bit overzealous, as I wasn't firing any weapons when I copped the Bounty. Don't worry, I've reprimanded her severely for her actions.....but she is normally an excellent Pilot!

Please more of these stories....haha, seriously, it's nice to read those short adrenaline moments.

Please more of these stories....haha, seriously, it's nice to read those short adrenaline moments.

I certainly will try ;). I do enjoy telling stories of my exploits! I was more concerned that I was about to lose the roughly 300,000Cr worth of bounties I'd picked up!!!!

Good work; always good to see people become the thing they supposedly hate. lol

Meanwhile I spent the day, in open, winged up with randoms clobbering the everlovering proverbial out of AI in a CZ and even people on the "other side" were happy to ignore other commanders.

So here's two completely different outcomes. Welcome to open. That's sort of how it works.

Never mind, I'm sure when the coin is flipped, you'll be stoked to have been plastered across .3ly by another commander under similar circumstances. ;)

Last edited:
I'm usually surprised how easily people get triggered without actually reading something. [rolleyes]

Indeed, at what point was I ever actually complaining? In spite of almost getting killed, I had a great-if somewhat short-game session tonight. It really got my adrenaline pumping, which is always a good thing ;).

Always fun when that happens, personally never run the fighter in fire at will mode as a good way to get wanted...particularly if only one of a wing is wanted.....

Top Bottom