Almost quit for good today. Barely-escapable game-breaking bug!

I think it doesn't need to get fixed, there should just be a notice "FSD failure" rather than CTD. Nobody said exploration shouldn't be dangerous.
It needs to be fixed so that it doesn’t cause a crash that fix could be an FSD failure.

I feel this was aimed at my post (correct me if not); and I'd just like to clarify that I was most certainly -not- mocking.
Not just your post, but the bigger trend of "can I haz your stuff" mockery that some in this forum delight in. But your explanation is very good and I think OP will appreciate that. (y)

Not just your post, but the bigger trend of "can I haz your stuff" mockery that some in this forum delight in. But your explanation is very good and I think OP will appreciate that. (y)
The 'can I haz your stuff' posts rarely follow constructive criticism or justified complaints about bugs. It's more a "FDEV is incompetent! I rage quit! No more money from me!!!" type of thing.

I think it doesn't need to get fixed, there should just be a notice "FSD failure" rather than CTD. Nobody said exploration shouldn't be dangerous.
Nevertheless, a great discovery, OP ! (y)

Aye - FDev must be aware by this point - the community (or this Forum atleast!) are aware.
They can either patch it....or come-up with....'Something' :)
OP is alive and well...all is well in the World! yay!

Don't get upset OP - put it down to experience and move on (Although i do appreciate the bug report and the heads up though!)
Most Cmdrs would just log into Non-Horizons in that situation, but support are usually very helpful in situations such as yours.
Fly safe 😉

Another option to escape this situation that I've had success in using is too manually fly your ship into orbit in realspace.

The 'can I haz your stuff' posts rarely follow constructive criticism or justified complaints about bugs. It's more a "FDEV is incompetent! I rage quit! No more money from me!!!" type of thing.
Well.... Frontier isn't getting any more money from me, unless it's something I desperately want (like a new interior for my junkyard-bought Conda). And while it's been a long time since I rage quit, I pretty much "shrug quit" and "sigh quit" after every update these days.

Do you want my stuff? I'll give you my EBL :p

Well.... Frontier isn't getting any more money from me, unless it's something I desperately want (like a new interior for my junkyard-bought Conda). And while it's been a long time since I rage quit, I pretty much "shrug quit" and "sigh quit" after every update these days.

Do you want my stuff? I'll give you my EBL :p
EBL is for peasants. ;)

OP, I have frustration-quit numerous times due to bugs. After a day or two, maybe a week, I will return and then avoid the activity, if possible, until it gets patched. Some people have a lower tolerance than others for bugs and I am clearly one of them.

Some people have a lower tolerance than others for bugs and I am clearly one of them.
I was thinking the same thing but in reverse - people have a high tolerance for low quality. Hence the popularity of fast food restaurants, Dollar stores, and cheap appliances that break a month after you buy them... Like you, I'm clearly the opposite.

Oh, and despite a popular mantra in this forum, it is possible to write software way less buggy than ED. The majority of the games I own is a testament to that.

Can someone confirm whether or not this is actually possible? As far as I'm aware, once logged out the ship becomes invisible.
It's not possible, when you log off your ship is gone until you login again. Some people like to do it for RP / immersive reasons though.

I was thinking the same thing but in reverse - people have a high tolerance for low quality. Hence the popularity of fast food restaurants, Dollar stores, and cheap appliances that break a month after you buy them... Like you, I'm clearly the opposite.
👍

Oh, and despite a popular mantra in this forum, it is possible to write software way less buggy than ED. The majority of the games I own is a testament to that.
The popular mantra is not that there aren't any games less buggy than ED. The popular mantra is that Elite is quite a complex game (doing stuff that no other developer has done before) and it's constantly changing and evolving, which naturally brings some bugs with it. Nevertheless, the number of bugs is way too high and their effort to fix it is way too low.
That's the official mantra.

Fascinating. I am glad you posted. I bet the planet was catching up to you during the jump and causing the calculations to "crash".

Once on an exploration trip my ship would no longer fuel scoop. I wondered what was up... but kept playing. Then shortly thereafter I tried to boost and my ship would not supercharge. In my attempt to try and supercharge I hit the exclusion zone and was eventually destroyed. I was unable to escape the zone.

Frontier was nice enough to reinstate my data and location.

However, I have noticed that during LONG game sessions my XBOX is a bit buggy. During another long play session I noticed that my scoop was again "not working". Having learned a lesson... I immediately restarted the system and found the problem corrected when I logged in the game with a fresh restart.

Funny, I can remember a time when a hardware or software glitch was rare. Nowadays there seems to always be hardware issues no matter what my staff is running.... Dell, ACER, clone, MS Surface. No matter matter the software.... windows 7, windows 10, Salesforce, Excel, Chrome, proprietary software.... problems are frequent and pernicious.

Seems that this is the age we are in.

I can remember a time when the blue screen of death was upon my office frequently. It seems this era has come again... only this time there are no warnings or fixes. You just have to put up with it.

Funny, I can remember a time when a hardware or software glitch was rare. Nowadays there seems to always be hardware issues no matter what my staff is running.... Dell, ACER, clone, MS Surface. No matter matter the software.... windows 7, windows 10, Salesforce, Excel, Chrome, proprietary software.... problems are frequent and pernicious.

I can remember a time when the blue screen of death was upon my office frequently. It seems this era has come again... only this time there are no warnings or fixes. You just have to put up with it.
Or run Linux 😁

I'm running Ubuntu on an older Macbook Pro (back when Apple made good hardware), and it is extremely rare that I have any problems. Maybe this is why everyone is so accepting of ED's bugs - most of you are running it on some version of Windows, so bugs is all you know!

Or run Linux 😁

I'm running Ubuntu on an older Macbook Pro (back when Apple made good hardware), and it is extremely rare that I have any problems. Maybe this is why everyone is so accepting of ED's bugs - most of you are running it on some version of Windows, so bugs is all you know!

You are so right. I dread Mondays because about once a month a MANDATORY weekend software update wonks-out my dual monitor settings and my first hour of my day is trying to get back to functional desktop.

Or run Linux 😁

Linux is great if you either don't want to do anything with it or if you are a nerd.

Linux is great if you either don't want to do anything with it or if you are a nerd.
Or you want to mock some Babbling Fish for not knowing what he's talking about :p

Yes, I'm mocking right now USING LINUX.

If you'd like, I could type up a formal treaties in LibreOffice mocking you. Or I could write a Python script that mocks you continually. I could also make a nice PowerPoint (and even save it as a ppt file) that mocks you. USING LINUX. What's that, you'd like a nice graphic that mocks you? Easy-peasy!

Now if you're talking about games, then yes, you are sadly correct - hence one of the many reasons I'm a console gamer. Ironically the PS4's OS is a based on a UNIX variant :D

I can (and have) even use Linux to derail this thread!

It's possible the landable-to-SC bug is back. I was playing with a friend last night and this happened to them (go to SC from a landable) but the planet/moon they were on wasn't moving fast (compared to OP). They were immediately brought back into normal space and then CTD within a couple seconds. This was on XB1, so not limited to PC.

Top Bottom