Alone in the Dark

I guess once this 'hotfix' is out, my current deep space excursion based on low fuel conduct and started as some kind of challenge (not really) will ultimately turn into a family friendly cakewalk then. And this only because a few peeps have only learned to mine in triple hotspots and by abusing exploits. I really hope FDev will fix this bug without just encreasing the output...
Got to make sure it's user friendly :)
Walk the edge ...
o7

Anyway ...
Decided single HSs don't really help. I have to rely on my ship's s/w.
Moving on.
I'm going to proceed on the basis that I CAN continue with this approach to life - travel/explore/mine at my leisure/pleasure.
I won't be getting rich in the short term - lthough I'm rather looking forward to getting back into a market and selling my goods. I love the ability to hold all the extra stuff I've found for later - K's of tons (I didn't stuff it with fuel - hooee)
Last skip has put me into LTD/Trit overalp system, and I'm topping up on the Trit (whilst capturing the rest). Slow but steady - no problems.
I feel comfortable moving to the 'dragons be here' next ...
o7

Took a day out (earning, not rushing).
Python, hardpoints loaded for core-mining. That's my meta!
Drop into an HS and accept whatever's offerred.
Limpets are disposable (although I'd like to contribute to a support-limpets initiative).
I wish I'd brought a 5A prospector - the expecta...ion. I find myself doing 2 - and then waiting for the second before sending off the third.
Fully comfortable with the mechanisms now (not necc good at them).
Day's work netted me tons of LTD, various 'ites and Trit to go.
I can do that - until I want to do something else :)
o7

That's gaming. Doing what you want. No rhyme or reason. The principals of earning and improving are a good basis for a well engineered fleet

Scanner updated!
I've been concentrating on other stuff, and didn't see a need to work for a bit ... so I thought I'd see how that turned out.
In a system with a Trit/LTD HS.
Whilst waiting for the update, I popped out a couple of times (gathering stuff as we do) - and thought it was a bit sparse ... but hey ho.
I tried dropping in from each HS and traversing to the other. Just sampling - taking an easy approach.
Then I got my scanner update!
[Think my fuel gauge might be frizzed, but it passes all tests. I hadn't quite topped it up ...]
I did what I usually do - target HS, graze shinies.
With a serious eye on gray 'roids (for Trit and general stuff), and recognising some friendly shapes, I netted 3 LTD cores and quite a lot of Trit with both trad and SSD.
I'm going back (starting at the Trit HS this time) with my stripper tomorrow.
If I can get a decent haul for pension n fuel in a simple op, I'm in.
o7

Currently I've managed to find a system next to a system I'm pledged too. In the system I've pledged too has a space station that I've managed to allied myself to ALL the factions within it.
Now I get 1 massacre per faction that's say 5 or so on the go stacked. And if l kill one pirate it counts to ALL the massacres.
Plus the bounty scanner plus the 50% bounty boost from the glorious empire...looking at 50+ mill credits x5 or 6 for killing 72 pirates

Well. Looks like the PWS software update worked!
Shinies are better.
I went from Trit to LTD HS, scanning shinies (and sampling greys). Short session - used stripper and glad I did.
Fair few SSDs of Trit, and good % for laser ...
Didn't even get close to LTD HS (filled w Trit and refinery got loadsa LTDs).
I'm comfortable with this now. I can cover pension, rent and fuel with this configuration. The rest of the time I can do what I like :)
I've got a full tank of gas, and I think I'd like to use it to get out of here.
o7

Top Bottom