Always online

As in another thread Kerrash we have fact, in the FAQ as stated, till that is countered by some other post from frointer, I have no doubt as you said about Elite, it's set in stone, this is the new DRM today, makes sense to me, I get the offline argument, but those days are becoming numbered.
Plenty of games that do not require any such DRM even on steam.
A good example is another very succesfull indie title like kerbal space, which can even be run from a normal folder or copied to another folder. Even witcher 3 which was one of the biggest AAA titles and had record sales on the pc did in fact have no DRM at all.
I dont see how this DRM is the future when all it does is hurt paying customers, while the people who pirate it illegally gets to enjoy it without any such overzealous DRM scheemes.
Always online only makes sense for multiplayer games.

Also what is going to happen in 10 years if servers are shutdown? How are anyone going to be able to play it then??
It will mostly have been wiped from history while people are still able to enjoy RCT3.

Considering how things went for simcity, you would have think people would have learned this by now..

Last edited:
We can play offline. But we need to sign in online. Doesn't make really much sense. It was the same as Maxis did with SimCity now when I don't have internet (saying this much) I can't play. Is rather ridicolous if you ask me for an offline game.

Its not the same,SimCity was first a online game,the developer said that the users pc was not strong enough to handle the game engine .

Later they patch the game with a offline mode !

Last edited:
Yea but stuff like Rainbow six siege (and I could go on) are all online authentication, sure it's base game idea is MP, but it has plenty of solo, if you can't login , you can't play. again welcome to the future of DRM. To be perfectly frank, as being a coder myself, I am all for it. I get the up's and down's of this all, but as it cost frontier money and time so does it for me. Easy to ask for such conveniences when your not the one loosing. Don't take me wrong, I get the whole topic, but in the end , the online verification has been the best thing for code protection sense someone realized warm melted butter on bread is a great idea ;)

Not to mention this is "Planet" Coaster, I beleive the concept here is being connected online all the time to share and yada yada, good name if you ask me. Would even be better if we could visist parks of friends live, this is what I actually believed the base of Planet Coaster was about, meh maybe still could be, no clue, but was my first thought anyways when I read the title.

Last edited:
Yea but stuff like Rainbow six siege (and I could go on) are all online authentication, sure it's base game idea is MP, but it has plenty of solo, if you can't login , you can't play. again welcome to the future of DRM. To be perfectly frank, as being a coder myself, I am all for it. I get the up's and down's of this all, but as it cost frontier money and time so does it for me. Easy to ask for such conveniences when your not the one loosing. Don't take me wrong, I get the whole topic, but in the end , the online verification has been the best thing for code protection sense someone realized warm melted butter on bread is a great idea ;)

Not to mention this is "Planet" Coaster, I beleive the concept here is being connected online all the time to share and yada yada, good name if you ask me. Would even be better if we could visist parks of friends live, this is what I actually believed the base of Planet Coaster was about, meh maybe still could be, no clue, but was my first thought anyways when I read the title.

Rainbow six siege is a online shooter ,its not only DRM but also anti cheat!
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Rainbow-Six-Siege-Doesn-t-Have-Single-Player-Story-88167.html

Original article: Single-player stories in first-person shooters are a rarity. Why? Well, there's a belief that there's more longevity and money to be made on online multiplayer games. Sadly, Rainbow Six: Siege is a victim of the kind of thought pattern that online multiplayer should be the main focus of a player's core gaming experience.

If you do not like ONLINE games don't buy the game.
All my blizzard games are ONLINE and I love it

As I can see Planet Coaster is not an online game, there is no mention of a permanent Internet connection.
Some games have a check ones a week and that is totally fine and not a big problem!

Top Bottom