Amazing animals that I hope we will see at some point

Rather than creating a dlc pack ideas, I just wrote down my list of species by continent/area. And adding cute photos just for fun and because we all love to look at animals right? :p

South America:
  • American Flamingo
  • Golden Lion Tamarin
  • Black Howler Monkey
  • Two-toed Sloth
  • Ocelot
  • Coati
  • Roseate Spoonbill
  • Patagonian Mara
  • Squirrel Monkey
Flamingo.jpg
386_orig.jpg
howler-monkey-facts.jpg

2f1-1.jpg
ocelot-dlouhoocasy-margay_ard46gl.jpg
coati04.jpg
59e9060e0131e.image.jpg
patagonian-mara-cute-animal-rabbit-like-177987331.jpg

sm111.jpg

North America:
  • Musk Ox
  • Sea Otter
_96A2032-Edit-800.jpg

18-10-28_0002-sea-otter-BB-web-1024x512.jpg

Oceania:
  • Tree Kangaroo
  • Short Beak Echidna
  • Fly River Turtle
Tree-Kangaroo2%C2%A9Perth-Zoo.jpeg
1698997929378.jpeg
1698997965635.jpeg

Africa:
  • Honey Badger
  • Secretary Bird
  • Serval
  • Hamadryas Baboon
  • African Spurred Tortoise
  • DeBrazza Monkey
  • Rock Hyrax
lfp3g27ggj541.jpg

serval-full-body_16x9.jpg
baboon-profile-hero.jpg
Sulcata-Tortoise-Care.jpg
debrazzas-monkey.jpg
rockhyrax-gallery1.jpg

Asia:
  • Racoon Dog
  • Lion-Tailed Macaque
  • Reeves Muntjac
  • Himalayan Monal
Lion-tailed_macaque_by_N_A_Nazeer-700x448.jpg

Muntjac-JEP_9349.jpg
artworks-CgCxgBqxeoZfZhZo-z2N0PA-t500x500.jpg

Exhibits:
  • Panther Chameleon
  • Emerald Tree Boa
chameleon-sleepy.jpg
emerald-tree-boa-3-750x750.jpg

Last edited:
@FoxyDee great list. Hoping frontier sticks to their plans if indeed the leak is correct because of the white rhino but the fox and meerkat would be equally as good.

@FoxyDee great list. Hoping frontier sticks to their plans if indeed the leak is correct because of the white rhino but the fox and meerkat would be equally as good.
I hope so! All of the 4 animals potentionaly leaked were high on my list (even though I would prefer an animal pack with more animals, I get that will need to mix the formats).

Also there are so many more great animals in Africa, but I just picked my most favourite in this list.

Yeah I agree I thought Africa would be a 8 pack since African themed sets were in the base game. Now I almost get the impression Africa will be a eventual north and south type dlc. I guess will see tho.

Yeah I agree I thought Africa would be a 8 pack since African themed sets were in the base game. Now I almost get the impression Africa will be a eventual north and south type dlc. I guess will see tho.
I would not mind 2 African packs. There are some people that says Africa is overrepressented, but I think they cant go wrong with more African animals - its one of the continents with the most diverse species and the most iconic in zoos too after all. (As long as we get other continent fleshed out too of course)

Throw a non-ghastly looking otter and a jackal in that list somewhere, and this pretty much would take care of everything but the birds (I know there's some birds in there but I want lots more birds ha)

Oooof. and a red river hog ha!

Last edited:
Rather than creating a dlc pack ideas, I just wrote down my list of species by continent/area. And adding cute photos just for fun and because we all love to look at animals right? :p

South America:
  • American Flamingo
  • Capybara
  • Maned Wolf
  • Howler Monkey
  • Two-toed Sloth
  • Ocelot
  • Coati
Flamingo.jpg
capybara-rodent-guinea-pig-species-of-rodent-cute-sweet-look-animal-view.jpg
maned-wolf-1.jpg
DGoPm7HWAAAQGj8.jpg

2f1-1.jpg
ocelot-dlouhoocasy-margay_ard46gl.jpg
coati04.jpg

North America:
  • California Sea Lion
  • Moose
  • American Beaver
  • Wolverine
  • Puma
californiasealion-002.jpg
Bull-Moose-stock-image-from-Pixabay.jpg
castor-canadensis.jpg
wolverine-crouching.jpg
pantherposter.jpg

Oceania:
  • Tasmanian Devil
  • Kiwi
  • Wombat
  • Tree Kangaroo
  • Platypus
  • Emu
D50_6985_export_Re.jpg
brown-kiwi-the-otorohanga.jpg
Common-Wombat.jpg

Tree-Kangaroo2%C2%A9Perth-Zoo.jpeg
29TB-PLATYPUS1-superJumbo.jpg
emu-eggs.jpg

Africa:
  • Meerkat
  • White Rhinoceros
  • Fennec Fox
  • African Penguin
  • Crested Porcupine
  • Fossa
  • Honey Badger
  • Secretary Bird
  • Generuk
  • Bat Eared Fox
nathis058.jpg
New-Rhino-Header-2021.jpg
Fennec-Fox-Thumbnail.jpg
shutterstock_308591828.jpg

40725a_f2c5af191af841feb696333f90188ec9~mv2.jpg
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg
lfp3g27ggj541.jpg

antilopa-zirafi-gerenuk-11x_ger6.jpg
bat-eared_fox_1.jpg

Europe:
  • Lynx
  • European Badger
  • Red Fox
  • Red Deer
file-20190403-177190-1a2n3pp.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
818516_hd-great-red-fox-wallpapers-full-hd-hirewallpapers-5063_1920x1200_h.jpg
0009-2017-2238-ycnbb1mf3g.jpg

Asia:
  • Gibbon
  • Takin
  • Przewalski Wild Horse
Hylobates_lar_pair_of_white_and_black_01.jpg
Budorcas_taxicolor_bedfordi%2C_Takin_%C4%8D%C3%ADnsk%C3%BD%2C_ZOO_Liberec.jpg
Canva-Mongolian-wild-Przewalski-horse-scaled.jpg

Arctic:
  • Arctic Fox
  • Musk ox
animal-hero-arcticfoxe.jpg
_96A2032-Edit-800.jpg

Exhibits:
  • Panther Chameleon
  • Emerald Tree Boa
chameleon-sleepy.jpg
emerald-tree-boa.jpg

Beautiful list, a lot of favorites in there. I would have definitely added quite a few to it. Just an observation but the American flamingo is virtually the same as the greater flamingo in game, just a few minor alterations, slightly smaller that the greater flamingo (not that Frontier's animal roster is true to scale, so more than likely and insignificant difference) The drastic variation here is the color of the plumage and some minor alterations to the peak, some I do hope that when birds finally come out, they do not waste a spot on an animal that already exists. The biggest factor with mods currently is the audio and animations/movement as everything else seems to have finally felled into place. With the flamingo that is a non factor, as neither the audio or animations change. The current American flamingo mod is superb, just strikingly beautiful, check it out.
americanflamingo0033.jpg

Last edited:
Throw a non-ghastly looking otter and a jackal in that list somewhere, and this pretty much would take care of everything but the birds (I know there's some birds in there but I want lots more birds ha)

Oooof. and a red river hog ha!
Oh yea, there many more birds, especially flying ones I would like to see, but did not include them because we dont have the flying system/aviaries. Red river hog would also be great, I had many more african animals but did not include them here because the list would get quite long, lol.

Beautiful list, a lot of favorites in there. I would have definitely added quite a few to it. Just an observation but the American flamingo is virtually the same as the greater flamingo in game, just a few minor alterations, slightly smaller that the greater flamingo (not that Frontier's animal roster is true to scale, so more than likely and insignificant difference) The drastic variation here is the color of the plumage and some minor alterations to the peak, some I do hope that when birds finally come out, they do not waste a spot on an animal that already exists. The biggest factor with mods currently is the audio and animations/movement as everything else seems to have finally felled into place. With the flamingo that is a non factor, as neither the audio or animations change. The current American flamingo mod is superb, just strikingly beautiful, check it out.View attachment 222551
You are right, it is one of few mods I am using atm , as I tend to be quite picky and it looks fantastic. Still there are some problems with mods in general such as non educational board images and no enrichment filters that I would still prefer official one. (Also we cannot really share any pictures of the mods here, so showcasing photos or habitat builds with modded animals is something we cant do here).

Of course, more unique animals would be a priority though.

You are right, it is one of few mods I am using atm , as I tend to be quite picky and it looks fantastic. Still there are some problems with mods in general such as non educational board images and no enrichment filters that I would still prefer official one. (Also we cannot really share any pictures of the mods here, so showcasing photos or habitat builds with modded animals is something we cant do here).

Of course, more unique animals would be a priority though.

Well with the recent events in the last few weeks in relation to mods, it would only be a matter of time before all areas of modding are top notch. Being able to finally adjust individual extremities, limbs, heads, necks, etc is just a groundbreaking event.

Many players erroneously attributed mods not looking exactly like their real life counterparts the modding community not being as talented, experienced or dedicated as Frontier's Planet Zoo team. This could not be further from the truth as not having access to the same tools that the Frontier pros used was always the biggest factor. It is true that not all mods are created equal, and not all individuals involved in modding have the same ability, determination or level of professionalism when it comes to their work. But of course that you can not keep anyone from modding that want to do so, it will always be up to the player to choose the mods that they are willing to compromise with.

As far as the educational boards, enrichment filters, etc (does anyone actually still use Frontier issued educational boards with the custom boards now an option? , always thought they had a very basic and repetitive design to them) these are all minor and mostly trivial details. However I can see the importance of them for the players that are not focused on designing zoos or aesthetics and who's main focus tends to be management, etc. I guess it is all a compromise at the end. I always keep on forgetting that there is more ways to play this game, or that maybe the intended way to play it was management to begin with. For me it will always be a zoo building game, that comes alive once you hit play, lol.

Well with the recent events in the last few weeks in relation to mods, it would only be a matter of time before all areas of modding are top notch. Being able to finally adjust individual extremities, limbs, heads, necks, etc is just a groundbreaking event.

Many players erroneously attributed mods not looking exactly like their real life counterparts the modding community not being as talented, experienced or dedicated as Frontier's Planet Zoo team. This could not be further from the truth as not having access to the same tools that the Frontier pros used was always the biggest factor. It is true that not all mods are created equal, and not all individuals involved in modding have the same ability, determination or level of professionalism when it comes to their work. But of course that you can not keep anyone from modding that want to do so, it will always be up to the player to choose the mods that they are willing to compromise with.

As far as the educational boards, enrichment filters, etc (does anyone actually still use Frontier issued educational boards with the custom boards now an option? , always thought they had a very basic and repetitive design to them) these are all minor and mostly trivial details. However I can see the importance of them for the players that are not focused on designing zoos or aesthetics and who's main focus tends to be management, etc. I guess it is all a compromise at the end. I always keep on forgetting that there is more ways to play this game, or that maybe the intended way to play it was management to begin with. For me it will always be a zoo building game, that comes alive once you hit play, lol.
No argue about this there Danny, I completely agree with you on the modding. I appreciate the modders and the proggress they are making is showing off recently as the quality of the mods is increasing greatly.

Its just as you said, my gameplay is probably very different from yours - I do like to build (semi-realisticly) but I am nowhere near the skill of some users around here and also afraid of laggs if I build too much, so I dont tend to the the amount of details others have, but the thing I get the thrills from is the management of the zoo and generally just looking at the animals/taking screenshots.

Because of that some things regarding mods might be too immersion breaking for me, so I will always prefer the official content. I have 4 modded animals installed atm, bu the moment there would be an official version, I would delete them as I did with the malayan tapir, even if only due to respect to Frontier.

But I guess we went a bit offtopic there. 🦩 :)

Last edited:
Oh yea, there many more birds, especially flying ones I would like to see, but did not include them because we dont have the flying system/aviaries. Red river hog would also be great, I had many more african animals but did not include them here because the list would get quite long, lol.
I can understand that about the African animals. We have so many already I almost feel like they shouldn't come along quite yet. but then again the community desire is there for them. There are certain African animals the game just really needs and I'm fairly hopeful about them. Even with that though, I think about the birds I want alone, and Africa has the most I have on my want list. Truly though I have no bias in this but I just think Africa has the most iconic "zoo" animals than any other continent. I mean, all continents have a lot of animal species but if you're thinking what animals to put in a zoo Africa definitely comes out ahead. Both in what we've got, and at least as much as any other continent for what's wanting, with the possible exception for me of North America. But even then, it's pretty close.

Heh. If that comment seems like it's rambling, apologies. It's late enough here that I've taken my nightly prescriptions already lol.

I can understand that about the African animals. We have so many already I almost feel like they shouldn't come along quite yet. but then again the community desire is there for them. There are certain African animals the game just really needs and I'm fairly hopeful about them. Even with that though, I think about the birds I want alone, and Africa has the most I have on my want list. Truly though I have no bias in this but I just think Africa has the most iconic "zoo" animals than any other continent. I mean, all continents have a lot of animal species but if you're thinking what animals to put in a zoo Africa definitely comes out ahead. Both in what we've got, and at least as much as any other continent for what's wanting, with the possible exception for me of North America. But even then, it's pretty close.

Heh. If that comment seems like it's rambling, apologies. It's late enough here that I've taken my nightly prescriptions already lol.

Well to touch up on your comments, you are definitely not showing any bias here, absolutely none. If we were to make a game about baseball in the same way as PC and PZ, from its history, to its management aspects, to what constitutes the game, the greatest players to ever take the field, its stadiums and cultures, and we went ahead and gave North America, particularly the U.S. a larger spotlight that any other country represented in the game, would it be consider bias? Pick any zoo in the world, from a private roadside menagerie (not the focus of planet zoo) to a modern zoological institution that focuses on conservation and education and everything in between, you will find African wildlife at the center of every collection. The African continent is home to the world's most iconic fauna and it has imbedded the minds of several human generations when it comes to their association with zoos.

Even with today's far reach in knowledge thanks to technological advancements, when anything and everything can be searched and researched in seconds, most individuals are still quicker to associate lions, elephants and rhinos with zoos rather than foxes, platypus and racoon dogs. The fact that lions, elephants and rhinos also live in Asia, might escape most zoo goers as well. In short, Africa is still the most visited continent in any zoo, and more funds are allocated to African themed zoological exhibits that any other corner of this world.

Most of the complaints in this platform and others about the disproportionate pairing in the game of African species, is honestly, with a lack of better words, willful ignorance or a need to satisfy a personal preference that supersedes all reasoning behind the argument, what I have learned in close to two years in this forum, is that neither type can be reason with, until they are ready to accept mere facts on their own.

You could dedicate the next three packs to the African continent (not that I'm advocating for that, even though I would not complain) and you would still have iconic species that are often part of zoo collections that will still be excluded from the game. It is hard to justify the need for a number of animals when others that bare close relation to global zoological organizations are still missing.

If you let me add just one animal I would be completely satisfied with your amazing choices.

I can live with lack of any other animal in the game. But this one is just desperately needed 🤩
1619239128737.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom