Ambient Creatures in Jurassic World Evolution 2 🦋 🐞 🪰 🦅 🐦 🐟

With Jurassic World Evolution, we had parrots fly from trees and Pteranodons fly over the park occasionally.

In Jurassic World Evolution 2, could we have ambient creatures in the game? Like a flock of birds flying over the space based on the location of the park. That would be a great indicator of where we are in the world. It could be like how the pteranodons fly in JWE but real birds. Like a flock of geese in a taiga environment, a singular vulture or falcon in a desert environment, and a flock of parrots in a tropical environment.

And on the ground, could we have some bugs spawn as a special effect occasionally? Like butterflies in an environment full of vegetation, dragonflies over bodies of water, and regular flies over rotting carcasses.

And if bodies of water are especially big/deep, could we have fish swimming within that water?

The dinosaurs are no longer in a secluded island on their own and are part of the big wild world. Having ambient creatures would help immerse the players where dinosaurs are part of the current wildlife.

I want to update this thread as I think it will be awesome to see small ambient creatures now that first person view is a new feature.

I could imagine how fun it is to walk by a body of water and see a dragonfly, see butterflies by the flowering plants, fireflies during the night, a moth by a light source, and flies by the meat feeder and dinosaur corpses. It will add to the first person experience by observing elements not visible from the God view we are used to in the game.

Last edited:
Indeed! Especially if the flying birds are given a similar treatment to the pteranodon in JWE1 where they fly over the park occasionally. A flock of geese by the washington and canada maps, macaw's passing over the tropical islands of the muerta archipelago, and turkey vultures circling over san diego and arizona maps.

Plus I think it would be cool if a hidden factor is taken into consideration to how often they spawn, such as more fish feeders by coastal maps would lead to a bigger likelihood of seagulls flying by, or a higher chance of seeing turkey vultures if more meat feeders and carcases are in your park.

Indeed! Especially if the flying birds are given a similar treatment to the pteranodon in JWE1 where they fly over the park occasionally. A flock of geese by the washington and canada maps, macaw's passing over the tropical islands of the muerta archipelago, and turkey vultures circling over san diego and arizona maps.
In California, where I live, we do get red-tailed hawks. A bird-of-prey with a famous call, sometimes used for bald eagles. You can even hear those sounds in the SW USA Challenge mode map.

Top Bottom