Dinosaurs "Ambushing" behavior mechanic (Metriacanthosaurus)

When it comes to large carnivores in-game, I consider the Metriacanthosaurus to be the "tiger" of Jurassic World, mostly due to it's striped pattering combined with the fact you can keep one to two together by default. So, to make the metriacanthosaurus a little more unique from the rest of the large carnivores, how about make it feel more like an actual tiger in a similar way how a tiger would ambush prey? A really BIG tiger?

Like the ambushing baryonyx thread I made last week, the metriacanthosaurus would have a special new behavior called "Ambushing" which differs from the current in-game "Hunting" behavior: Have the predator go into position first and then the prey item secondarily once after before playing a script animation sequence. The "Ambushing" behavior I would suggest to be a randomizing behavioral choice, instead of replacing the "Hunting" behavior for the dinosaur. However, unilke the baryonyx, the metriacanthosaurus would rely on something else instead of water to trigger the new behavior.

The metriacanthosaurus's "Ambushing" behavior mechanic would rely on scenery objects to activate this behavior should any be present at its sights. The tiger dinosaur would hide behind a tree or a rock and couch itself lower itself and remain still. Through my observations, there is enough space between scenery objects and other close enough objects (fences, feeders, other scenery objects, etc.) for the metriacanthosaurus to squeeze in between.

This behavior must rely on how much available space there is between the dinosaur's spot and where the sequence should play out. Which means, it will not do this in a spot where there isn't too much blockage for the distance of the script's range to play the animation sequences.

When the metriacanthosaurus goes into position, any selected prey item the tiger dinosaur can instantly hunt down kill normally (goats, small and medium herbivores, except the iguanodon) will go into position next and the script sequence begins.

The prey item will wonder around, grazing along the grass. But then, the metriacanthosaurus dashes out from its hiding spot, grabs and brings down the unsuspecting prey in its jaws before finishing it.

This is my idea of making the tiger looking dinosaur feel more like a giant tiger for dinosaur diversity.

Top Bottom