Parks American Celebration Resort

I'm slowly reproducing a project from RCT3 for multiple theme parks and hotels in one sandbox. The first phase of American Celebration Resort consists of one theme park, an entertainment district, a transportation hub, two resort hotels, and highway infrastructure. Much more to come over time including at least two more theme parks.

While there's not as much space to work with as in the full 254x254 grid of RCT3, the space is "big enough" to fit much of what I want without many compromises. The most obvious compromise is the need to keep parking lots small, somewhat unrealistic but let's just pretend there is more parking offsite. Also, I've avoided using any community blueprints, preferring to come up with solutions on my own. They are probably not always as pretty as the stuff created by others but I can say I made it. The only exception is the basis of my table/umbrella set which started life as an upload from TeeTheCee which I heavily modified. Just giving credit where due.

Note, I have a weak video card so while I'd love to share ride videos that is not possible at this time.

I hope you enjoy!

Let's start with an overview of the property, some aerial views, and the park maps:

qAkVTlx.jpg

PQ0qbqV.jpg

vA3xqJN.jpg

Whoops. I see I have two "10's" in my park legend.

MyCQCzC.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:
This is a very ambitious and impressive project I look forward to seeing more of. What you've got so far is outstanding.

wow that's a lot of places to go, but no flat rides!?

those maps are really nice, how did you do that last one with the coasters appearing with a transparent background?

Thanks everyone. It's slow going but I appreciate the encouragement.

wow that's a lot of places to go, but no flat rides!?

those maps are really nice, how did you do that last one with the coasters appearing with a transparent background?

Around the World in 80 Days is the balloon flat ride. Also, there will be other parks with flats. As for the transparent background on the coasters, that's just good ol' fashioned Photoshop work with the eraser and magic wand tools. Painstaking yes, but worth it for the look.

Thanks James.

Here's a corrected version of the Studios Shoreline Entertainment District map, it bugged me that I numbered two places as "10" and can't edit the original post.

21wCx24.jpg

And now, some shots from around Horizon Studios, starting with Stage 2 which contains Absent Minded Professor's Flubber Flight:

qlegXZ5.jpg

OxxU5ip.jpg

ohCgR6M.jpg

Speed Racer: The Maltese Ice Cave takes up two soundstages and goes underground:

FCn1Ndr.jpg

ES5gKdS.jpg

The Rocketeer: Test Flight airfield and the Bulldog Cafe from the movie:

scWtSSv.jpg

R6RvAfX.jpg

Around the World in 80 Days and Reign of Fire: Magic Hour both share space in and under Stage 6:

CU3ywom.jpg

kVc8UWf.jpg

xP5EVQe.jpg

omZCZkN.jpg

Gladiator:

qINSmJ3.jpg

The Prop Department dark ride:

ycr42xI.jpg

And some night shots from around the studios:

xddZtM5.jpg

TRhHJMh.jpg

fzsco6x.jpg

jYRUb7k.jpg

Last edited:
Some pics from the shopping district and hotels so far. More under construction for a future post.

8LnWdUt.jpg

q0K4ZRU.jpg

h5PWqcf.jpg

4VaOQRA.jpg

23SlKlx.jpg

Inside CUE nightclub:
VlRAhu1.jpg

aLngLke.jpg

The Golden Age of Television Hotel:

xIP9rTv.jpg

ktoqYXE.jpg

Hollywood Legacy Resory and Spa:

Yd1MgDZ.jpg

05aH7fI.jpg

Thats so cool and amazing![woah] Very lively! Thats exactly the type of projects I like the most in planet coaster![big grin] But they are so rare! I really like those fantastic screenshots, but most of all those amazing brochuretype pictures in your first post! Very cool logos and map type pictures... Imagine what we could do if we would have custom billboards... That project reminds me a bit of Disneyworld type of resort, with the monorail and all the hotels and parks... Fantastic, we need more of such creations! will follow it for sure! [happy]

tennis! awesome!!

Thanks James. I was pretty happy with how that turned out. PC is so flexible.

Thats so cool and amazing![woah] Very lively! Thats exactly the type of projects I like the most in planet coaster![big grin] But they are so rare! I really like those fantastic screenshots, but most of all those amazing brochuretype pictures in your first post! Very cool logos and map type pictures... Imagine what we could do if we would have custom billboards... That project reminds me a bit of Disneyworld type of resort, with the monorail and all the hotels and parks... Fantastic, we need more of such creations! will follow it for sure! [happy]

Yep, Cork, I'm certainly influenced by my love for WDW and wanted to create that multiple park feel within the confines of a smaller park boundary.

Latest expansion includes the addition of the new Boardwalk entertainment area and Newport Harbor hotel:

qeqqOLo.jpg

cenMvXz.jpg

t60MxbC.jpg

1JzL9x6.jpg

14D6lju.jpg

Here's how the new additions fit within the whole scheme:

YjkHhiG.jpg

Last edited:
I so much like the brochure type pics! So much inspiration to be found here... Its so lively... and the boardwalk is amazing... would really like to see more!

American Celebration Resort is proud to introduce a second gate and new resort hotel. Spirit of Adventure offers six realms that celebrate the timeless ingenuity that's within all of us. Connected via pathway from the Transportation Hub, Spirit of Adventure is an easy walk from the resort center.

m3hZBh8.jpg

Ports o' Call Village serves as the park's main gateway. The quaint buildings lead guests past multiple shopping and dining options toward the main crossroads of the park.

Qk0bVma.jpg

Colonial Landing is a charming seaside town with a hidden secret. Inside the large central building is the indoor spinning coaster The Marauder.

6HdWvq8.jpg

Working our way clockwise around the park, we enter Equatorial Territory, home of the very tame Millipede and not-so-tame Jungle Viper coasters. Snake River Expedition is a wet and thrilling white knuckle adventure through the jungle.

dRqVh5d.jpg

RdEry2C.jpg

HLo8R3O.jpg

cFzJPK8.jpg

Climbing the hilside, guests encounter Ponderosa National Forest. This themed realm offers outdoorsy fun for the entire family, from the Bear Cub classic wooden coaster to the Country Drive antique cars. And don't forget the mountainous thrills of Gold Cavern Railroad and the Timber Mountain Log Flume!

O8X7jiN.jpg

l9p3z78.jpg

pExnjFj.jpg

mZ9QeVp.jpg

2nJ2AcQ.jpg

Tired of walking? Catch the Grand Centennial Excursion Train for a trip through the forest to Botany Bay, or remain on board for a scenic trip that returns to the Ponderosa station.

4br7UNk.jpg

In Botany Bay, pirates rule. The swoopy, swingy Swashbuckler suspended coaster is fun for the entire family.

RPJULJt.jpg

Guests love being in Yankee Harbor in the evening. As the sun sets, the red, white and blue lights illuminate the area's main attraction, the American Arrow corkscrew coaster. Those with strong stomachs might also want to try the Steampunk Gyro, an indoor ride that you're sure to go head-over-heels for!

wdbeblL.jpg

TUAWjlY.jpg

Night time is a great time to re-ride all your favorites, which take on new charms in the dark.

rUtSlfz.jpg

o3ZctC9.jpg

mf3DMQe.jpg

VGh0OYJ.jpg

Adjacent to Spirit of Adventure is our newest resort hotel. So new, it's yet to be named. Themed after the grand camping lodges of North America, this resort is connected via waterway to the park. It's also an easy stroll to the park entrance, the Transportation Hub, or the Horizon Studios Entertainment District.

lhR2mlF.jpg

UIm9Oso.jpg

American Celebration is a multi-day resort, featuring two theme parks, four hotels, and two entertainment districts. And more is on the way!

8G4kWco.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom