General / Off-Topic Amiga 1200 grainy graphics

Over the last few weeks I have dug my Amiga 1200 out of the shed, plugged it in after 25 years of cobweb surfing and it fired right up.
I've upgraded the ROM to Kickstart 3.1, new flash card drive with workbench 3.1 but my graphics are grainy through RF modulator and RCA comp ports. I've fitted a 23 pin to VGA and Workbench is perfect, but as soon as I try to play a game ie: Frontier Elite 2, it goes off. I have read that workbench works on 30 ish Hz and the games are about 15Hz, obviously LCD or LED on vga won't go that low, but what can I do cheaply to make it work ?

Over the last few weeks I have dug my Amiga 1200 out of the shed, plugged it in after 25 years of cobweb surfing and it fired right up.
I've upgraded the ROM to Kickstart 3.1, new flash card drive with workbench 3.1 but my graphics are grainy through RF modulator and RCA comp ports. I've fitted a 23 pin to VGA and Workbench is perfect, but as soon as I try to play a game ie: Frontier Elite 2, it goes off. I have read that workbench works on 30 ish Hz and the games are about 15Hz, obviously LCD or LED on vga won't go that low, but what can I do cheaply to make it work ?
As far as I know it is 30 hz, but well on modern LCD Amiga graphics do look bad. They were designed for CRT and well that has innate smoothing, 320x250 on LCD or LED simply looks bad. Thats a fact. Likewise if you try some VGA game on your PC with modern screen.

I do have Amiga 500 with RGB to scart, and modern flat TV as a monitor, and those golden old games are ugly on that screen. But with CRT as nice as they were as new...

I don't know if it's going to work, but I've just bought a VGA booster, up to 1080p. It says it's designed especially for the adaption of old analogue display to Modern Screen's.
I'll keep you all posted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211014-192017~2.png
    Screenshot_20211014-192017~2.png
    315.6 KB · Views: 38
My original post on this was basically asking if something was wrong with the graphics. I see people on eBay selling capacitor sets, I wondered if this was my issue.

Basically problem is that LCD or LED is too crispy. On CRT there is always some blurring, pixels kind of overlap. On moder flat screens there is none of that. Some of Amigas graphics modes are even reliant on that blurring.

Top Bottom