An appeal to Frontier...

LOL!

Are you honestly for real? Exploration is all FD think goes on in ED. Try getting a CM to talk or play Powerplay or engage in anything combat / conflict related- subjects that are invisible and ignored.

I'd love Fdev to do more CM work on all areas of the game, Powerplay included.
I lead with Exploration because I know it best and according to Frontiers own Fan Survey, Exploration is the most popular community activity.
The present type of Community Management done by Frontier doesn't have anywhere near enough interaction for the needs of the community as a whole.
It would most likely need more CM staff to be able to have better levels of interaction across all playstyles. The present staff are genuinely great people, I like them all. But I get the impression that they're very restricted in what they're allowed to do, in terms of community communication and interactions.

All the talk of better community relations ultimately comes down to what Frontier have said in the past that they wanted. Open community relations, where there's regular and meaningful interactions. Now if Fdev had never said they wanted that and had always kept quiet, then I'd not bother with trying to gain anyone's attention. But there is a gulf between what Frontier has claimed they want and the reality, for most of the time.
Frontier have gone through periods of time where they've been very interactive with the community. The time around FX17 was a good example of this.
Galnet also used to have a lot of user submitted articles, that would often speak about the goings on in the community. This was an excellent service. For some reason (that was never explained) that was abandoned out of the blue. An return to these kind of levels of interaction with the community would be a great start.
But it would be even better to have more live streams from all different playstyles too. It would be very good for new CMDRs who don't know much about the game to be introduced to the different playstyles .

I do not know enough about youtube, but I would assume, hope I am not totally wrong, that the OP is running his channel as a business, cash for clicks, hence creating financial rewards for his content. Would that be right? I came to that conclusion due to his "about section" on YT where it states:

If true, then I find it a little tacky to link all the videos in this "appeal" here, it feels like sorta "click bait" to me therefor. I stand to be corrected.

That aside, I can only talk for myself here, but this statement
certainly does not count for me at all, nada, zilch, nulis!

Further, I can not imagine that statement to be so ultimately representative of players as it claims to be, I highly doubt it is.

Personally, I find this "look ma..." attitude coming from someone who usually displays a rather adolescents alluring edge in his videos irritating, but that's just me. Is it not the second open complaint in short succession, the first with a video just three weeks ago?

Taking all this into consideration, well clearly ;), The "Yamocks" must be a russian asset!

I don't know if you're trying to be satirical, but Yamiks and myself are different people.
For me there is no YouTube or Elite any gaming related business
This is all a voluntary thing for me. If anything doing expedition organising has cost me money.

The whole piece really is about events, communication, and community management. Sure if I can get recognition for A11X I'll be very happy.
But there are bigger issues than that.

This sounds an awful lot like you are a bit miffed that your event didn't get into the newsletter. The "facts" here seem for the most part a lot like speculation

Yes it's effort to run events squadrons and such. No Frontier don't owe you anything for doing it. Do it, or don't do it... but please can we as a community lay off with this "frontier are awful for not giving me exactly what I want" vibe.
thank you, that was well said. I'm so tired of some players, especially those who call themselves content creators, getting upset that they didn't get noticed. I fully expect yamiks to live stream himself holding his breath til he turns blue just to see if Fdev noticed him. the song by Carly Simon, You're so Vain, comes to mind every time I hear Yamiks name.

Literally their last stream. yesterday. combat.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpgPFmDNuvc
That was a combat based stream? Goes to show I shouldn’t edit pictures on my other PC whilst streaming, what I got was a Film 3305 review segment and an update on what food the Dev’s like or dislike. Maybe my spectacles have misted up all rosy again but boy do I miss Ed. I seem to remember him talking about the game a lot more.

*Yes, I do feel like a big bad bully, because they are lovely people. I just don’t care where you were born or what’s in your sandwiches today.

Also, I’d like to see some more PP based stuff but combat stuff is literally everywhere.

and finally.... OP, I’m sorry you didn’t get more coverage for the event you ran or helped to run but FD aren’t the first stop for such a PR excercise. Build that with the out of game assets and maybe FDev will take note when everyone else is already talking about it. It’s less a question of right or wrong and more about what’s realistic.

Top Bottom