An epic failure, the size of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Oddly, the loss of money is likely to make them do exactly the opposite - but what would I know?
))) If you consider how many they are in this misunderstanding, the name of which is Odyssey and lose everything ... Better to invest a little more and get a big influx of money.

Now, I won't deny that I don't get the same performance in EDO that I get in EDH, but I've never seen single digit frame rates and, honestly, find the current performance levels playable at the very least. That said, I don't watch the FPS counter like it's some kind of deity, I use my playing experience as a guide.

But it seems strange to me that my PC, not top spec, seems to run EDO just fine and yet others with higher (and lower) spec PC's have performance issues.

Last edited:
Now, I won't deny that I don't get the same performance in EDO that I get in EDH, but I've never seen single digit frame rates and, honestly, find the current performance levels playable at the very least.

But it seems strange to me that my PC, not top spec, seems to run EDO just fine and yet others with higher (and lower) spec PC's have performance issues.
Your PC specifications.

))) If you consider how many they are in this misunderstanding, the name of which is Odyssey and lose everything ... Better to invest a little more and get a big influx of money.
Or invest even more money and lose even more - 2 sides to the coin.
Getting Odyssey to shake off the 'launch' disaster would certainly be a challenge - it will be interesting to follow 'progress' from the end of this week until Autumn sometime - Frontier may yet pull a hat from the rabbit.

I made a decision, if the next update does not fix a bug with performance, I will refund the money. There are many nice words in the description of updates, but these are all just words. The main problems are productivity and the ability to play as a team. And the rest can be corrected later. But the developers are persistently doing some incomprehensible work.
Isn't there a limited window of time you can get a refund? If you wait until all the patches come out, aren't you likely to miss that window and not be eligible for a refund?

I too can play Odyssey, at around 50% of the FPS of Horizons, but still maintain 60+ FPS anywhere there isn't fire or glass - then an additional 10+ FPS gets lost.

For the 'spec' requesters A9 3900X, 2080 Super, 32GB DDR4 3600, 2xSamsung 970 Pro NVMe + 4 SSD + 2 HDD (so not a top of the range PC)
(playing Odyssey in 2K rather than 4K for ground combat)

I will try again to run the game on Windows 7 and check how it works.
Now I run it on Manjaro, the enemies work faster than on Windows 10.

TL;DR... OP likes the old Elite, hates the new Elite

Close the door on ya way out buddy
It is the comparison to CP2077 that is hilarious - on PC even release day performance was pretty good (ask me how I know!) and only console players were disadvantaged seriously - along with the very same 'gamers' who expect latest releases to run smoothly on a potato PC, of course.

As for an "epic failure the size of the milky way" - sounds like just a personal observation as I can say exactly the opposite and be at least as accurate.

(running ED on linux does work, but Odyssey, with all of its current (acknowledged) issues - may as well buy a Ferrari and put a moped engine in it...)

Deleted member 182079

D
Its an open thread, I'm free to comment. I just gave a TL;DR... I think I summed it up pretty good actually.

Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz
16 GB ram 3200
RTX2060

Those are my specs and I manage 60fps everywhere (the odd drop for a second or two in stations). Playing the game on high settings
What resolution?

As that seems to be the only setting that has any noticeable impact on performance, for me at least. My setup is slightly better than yours and at 1080p I could get mostly stable 60fps - but given I play on a 2k monitor (it is 2021, after all) and combined with Elite's godawful AA implementation I'd rather not play at all than look at the blurry jag fest (despite Ultra settings, including SMAA) that would present itself to me if I'd drop resolution.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom