An open letter to Frontier Developments from the community

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dear Frontier Developments,

We write to you as devoted members of the Elite Dangerous community, individuals who have poured our hearts and souls into exploring the depths of space within your magnificent universe. Our love for this game knows no bounds, but recent developments have left us feeling disheartened and disenfranchised.

Elite Dangerous has always been a sanctuary for us, a place where we could escape the pressures of daily life and immerse ourselves in the thrill of interstellar adventure. We've spent countless hours honing our skills, forging alliances, and overcoming challenges, all in pursuit of that elusive sense of achievement that comes from mastering the cosmos.

Yet, our joy has been tainted by the introduction of pay-to-win mechanics, a trend that threatens to undermine the very fabric of the game we hold so dear. Elite Dangerous was never meant to be a playground where success could be bought with a few dollars; it was meant to be a realm where skill, strategy, and perseverance were the true measures of greatness.

What's more, we cannot ignore the preferential treatment afforded to certain partners within the community, who are granted free access to these pay-to-win features. As loyal commanders who have stood by Elite Dangerous through thick and thin, we cannot help but feel betrayed by this blatant disregard for fairness and equality.

But perhaps most distressing of all is the realization that our status as "mummy's special little boy" counts for nothing in the face of these injustices. We are not asking for special treatment or handouts; we are simply asking for a level playing field where every commander has an equal opportunity to succeed based on their merits alone.

Frontier Developments, we implore you to heed our words and reconsider your approach. Elite Dangerous is more than just a game; it is a community, a family, bound together by our shared passion for exploration and discovery. We urge you to uphold the values of fairness, integrity, and inclusivity that have always been at the heart of Elite Dangerous, and to ensure that future updates and expansions reflect these principles.

Together, we can build a better future for Elite Dangerous, one where every commander, regardless of their background or affiliations, can carve out their own destiny among the stars.

Sincerely,

The Elite Dangerous Community

Here I though I was part of "The Elite Dangerous Community", but don't remember being asked if I agreed with this. So are you sure you are really speaking for the whole community?
It's a moot point anyway. We can't win anything by paying with real money. I wouldn't mind if they sold Fleet Carriers for 50k ARX.
What do I care that someone else skipped the money grind and have a carrier now?
How does that effect me and my game? It doesnt...

I've edited it for you:

Dear Frontier Developments,

We write to you as devoted members of the Kumo Crew, individuals who have poured our hearts and souls into serving the will of our sole and only one King of Pirates, Archon Delaine. Our love for this game knows no bounds, but recent developments have left us feeling disheartened and disenfranchised.

Elite Dangerous has always been a sanctuary for us, a place where we could immerse ourselves in the thrill of criminal adventures. We've spent countless hours honing our skills, forging alliances, and overcoming challenges, all in pursuit of that elusive sense of achievement that comes from mastering piracy and murder.

Yet, our joy has been tainted by the risk of solo and private-group access for powerplay 2.0, a trend that threatens to undermine the very fabric of the powerplay we hold so dear. Elite Dangerous was never meant to be a playground where success could be bought hiding from enemies; it was meant to be a realm where courage, strategy, and perseverance were the true measures of greatness.

What's more, we cannot ignore the preferential treatment afforded to certain powers in the past, who were granted better modules than ours. As loyal commanders who have stood by Elite Dangerous through thick and thin, we dont want to feel betrayed by this blatant disregard for fairness and equality in next powerplay 2.0

But perhaps most distressing of all is the realization that our status as "mummy's special little scallywag" counts for nothing in the face of these injustices. We are not asking for special treatment or handouts; we are simply asking for a level playing field where every commander has an equal opportunity to succeed based on their merits only if she/he bears the risks of their actions in open play mode.

Frontier Developments, we implore you to heed our words and reconsider your approach. Elite Dangerous is more than just a game; it is a community, a family, bound together by our shared passion for piracy and murder. We urge you to uphold the values of fairness, integrity, and inclusivity that have always been at the heart of Elite Dangerous, and to ensure that future updates and expansions reflect these principles by restricting access to powerplay solely in open play.

Together, we can build a better future for Elite Dangerous, one where every commander, regardless of their background or affiliations, can carve out their own destiny among the stars and being kaboomed if opposing Archon Delaine.

Sincerely,

Kumo Crew and Archon Delaine powerplay community

Last edited:
Ooooh, is it that time of the year again? Yay for Open Letters (TM)!

What's more, we cannot ignore the preferential treatment afforded to certain partners within the community, who are granted free access to these pay-to-win features. As loyal commanders who have stood by Elite Dangerous through thick and thin, we cannot help but feel betrayed by this blatant disregard for fairness and equality.
Last time I checked, the partners got access to a test environment to showcase the new toys coming. You know, because they are partners, which is another word for "marketing tool". When the Python and the prebuilds are released to the public, they will have to pay for it (or wait until August) the same as any other player. But way to build a narrative!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom