An owners proposal, for the public Cobra Exclusive.

I own the Cobra IV, because I paid for the privileged. Like it or lump it; that is a fact.

It is an exclusive, but many want that to change and it seems, with little else to talk about; it has become the topic, of the moment.

Players like myself, have been vilified, generally insulted, blamed and today; refered to as 'goose steppers' etc.. Very nice.

So here is what I propose.

You pay a modest, more than just a paint job or kit; real world fee and then you can buy it in the game.
However; A percentage of that fee and of the credits you pay for the ship; goes to all the current genuine and deserving, owners.

Try that for size.

Everyone wins.

It was an exclusive for people who bought the game at a certain point and so shall it remain in perpetuity.
Ownership of the CM4 is restricted to an elite minority who will never surrender their divine right.
There is no room for compromise, second thoughts, flexibility or common decency.

So shall it always be.

And, y'know what?
Now the CM3 has a couple of extra C1 slots, you can shove your CM4 up your poop-chute. :p

I'm not a "ship collector" (believe it or not) so the CM4, per-se, was never important to me.
The only reason the CM4 was important was that there's been times when it was especially suited to some role or, at least, was the best small ship for some role.
It always seemed a little unfair that an exclusive ship could give owners opportunities that other players don't have.
Now, though, with the extra couple of C1 slots, the CM3 can make a decent job of doing the stuff that was, previously, solely the remit of the CM4.

I still think FDev should release a "CM3 Heavy", though, with the same model as the CM3 and the internals of the CM4 just to annoy all the anal-retentives who obsess over the exclusivity of their CM4. :p

It was an exclusive for people who bought the game at a certain point and so shall it remain in perpetuity.
Ownership of the CM4 is restricted to an elite minority who will never surrender their divine right.
There is no room for compromise, second thoughts, flexibility or common decency.

So shall it always be.

And, y'know what?
Now the CM3 has a couple of extra C1 slots, you can shove your CM4 up your poop-chute. :p

I'm not a "ship collector" (believe it or not) so the CM4, per-se, was never important to me.
The only reason the CM4 was important was that there's been times when it was especially suited to some role or, at least, was the best small ship for some role.
It always seemed a little unfair that an exclusive ship could give owners opportunities that other players don't have.
Now, though, with the extra couple of C1 slots, the CM3 can make a decent job of doing the stuff that was, previously, solely the remit of the CM4.

I still think FDev should release a "CM3 Heavy", though, with the same model as the CM3 and the internals of the CM4 just to annoy all the anal-retentives who obsess over the exclusivity of their CM4. :p
Very succinct.

Haha, points for creativity Arry.

Seriously though, I see a lot of references to yet another cobra IV discussion but where is it? Not here at dangerous discussion as far as I'm aware.

Anyhow, it's not a particularly good ship. I bet Fdev thought they were smart in making an exclusive ship that's not really good anyway in order to avoid any rage. (I can't fault them, I would have thought the same)
Turned out they vastly underestimated the amount of envy that ensued since.
Apparently.
I still feel like missed a huge discussion but I've read dozans of pages of the previous one and I doubt I missed any new arguments.

What role is the CM4 best at? I've never been able to find a use for it.*

*other than flying in open to annoy people who don't have access to it ofc.
One off assassination missions. 70+ DPS & Over 1,000 hull hit points.

A passenger carrier. 3 class 4 cabins, over 20 berths.

Haha, points for creativity Arry.

Seriously though, I see a lot of references to yet another cobra IV discussion but where is it? Not here at dangerous discussion as far as I'm aware.

Anyhow, it's not a particularly good ship. I bet Fdev thought they were smart in making an exclusive ship that's not really good anyway in order to avoid any rage. (I can't fault them, I would have thought the same)
Turned out they vastly underestimated the amount of envy that ensued since.
Apparently.
I still feel like missed a huge discussion but I've read dozans of pages of the previous one and I doubt I missed any new arguments.

1: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...xmas-during-special-effect-livestream.518816/

2: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-ultimate-cobra-mk4-solution-the-commodore.518801/

3: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/you-need-to-let-us-buy-the-mk4-cobra.518679/

4: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/should-2020-dlc-have-cobra-mkiv-as-early-adopter-bonus.518463/

5: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-cobra-mk-iv-a-modest-proposal.518347/

6: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/how-come-i-cant-get-a-cobra-mkiv.517739/

Just a few to be going on with.

I found it such an uninspiring ship that I configured it as a miner.

And since mining is one of the few activities in the game that I had zero interest in, I think I did it all of four times.

The Mk IV is still configured as a miner... :)

I found it such an uninspiring ship that I configured it as a miner.

And since mining is one of the few activities in the game that I had zero interest in, I think I did it all of four times.

The Mk IV is still configured as a miner... :)
I feel it has a place, for the players will lower credit accounts.

What role is the CM4 best at? I've never been able to find a use for it.*

*other than flying in open to annoy people who don't have access to it ofc.

Back when collecting Thargoid tat was a big deal, the CM4 was pretty-much the best ship for the job.

At the time, we only had Palin's C1 CR cargo racks so the more slots you had, the more CR cargo racks you could fit regardless of the size of your ship.
Also, the CM4s small footprint meant you could park it right next to the 'goid bases instead of parking it half a km away - which was important since, for certain things, you had to keep going back and forth to your ship for different bits of goid junk.

The only other ship with similar capabilities was the Dolphin, which couldn't land as easily as the CM4 and it's puny weapons were a problem if you attracted pirates with your exotic goid cargo.
Alternatively, the "next step up" from the CM4 was a Python, which cost something like 40x what a CM4 would cost to get into the sky... at a time when credits didn't grow on trees in rings.

Similar thing, to a lesser extent, with mining.
The CM4 made for (and still does) a nice small-pad mining ship.
An AspX is probably the best alternative but it is significantly more expensive, although that doesn't really matter these days.

I’ve long since moved beyond ships on the level of the Mk. IV, so I have no need for it aside from completionism.

That said, I’d loooove to see FDev redistribute it, just to irritate the snobs around these parts.

Top Bottom