Anaconda explorer build

This is the beginnings of an Anaconda explorer build which will include a G5 FSD. I've been resisting the Anaconda throughout mainly because of it's large-pad limitations. Obviously the build is incomplete but is this a good start ?

Or this;

Not bad for a start. But you should go for an increased range on the FSD instead of faster boot... Maybe also throw in some low level engineering on other parts : armored power plant, dirty tuning on thruster, lightweight on sensor... Even a grade 2 can give an interesting result. And don't forget the DSS, for exploration this is a must have ! Example based on your build : link

Go with a 7B fuel scoop.

The most important module to engineer on an exploraconda is the sensors. Get light weight sensors, preferably g5 but g3 will do in a pinch...

The power distributor can be dropped to a 5D and then upgraded to engine focused so you can boost still.

The 5A power plant can still run everything well with g1 low emissions/thermal spread.

I’ve gone with a 4A shield generator on mine, g5 low power/low draw. Provides 353mj of shield for landings. Can still bang it around a bit with 4 pips to sys...

12CCB9B6-9E46-4BD2-A7E1-825F82DB5D2B.jpeg

Just setting mine up now to head out. I’m pondering over adding an extra fuel tank this time, even a small one could take the edge off the big jumps...

Yea, that was a mistake, meant imput FSD G5 increased range.

Not bad for a start. But you should go for an increased range on the FSD instead of faster boot... Maybe also throw in some low level engineering on other parts : armored power plant, dirty tuning on thruster, lightweight on sensor... Even a grade 2 can give an interesting result. And don't forget the DSS, for exploration this is a must have ! Example based on your build : link

I would advise to stay away from the big ships until you unlock the main bubble engineers and until you can afford to fully engineer that Anaconda.
Smaller ships like DBX and Asp X still make good explorers, are more maneuverable and don't cost a fortune in rebuys.

Your core internals on the first build are the same as mine, apart from the distrib (I have d rated). Everything engineered to lightweight. I have an additional fuel tank and 4 limpets and it jumps 70ly fully fuelled and with a shed load of internals

I would post the build, but I have no idea how.

I will say this, the Krait has a fighter bay too- canyon flying anyone ?
Not the Phantom though.

Here are my Phantom (my actual Explorer in Colonia) and T-7 builds (T7 was an explorer, is now refitted to rescueing people from burning starports)

Phantom

T7

Yes, Krait MkII can make a nice explorer, but again - engineers and guardian stuff is mandatory

edit: and this is the Phantom I finished last evening and now i'm using it to fool around the Interstellar Initiative guardian system.

I’d forgot how much I missed this...

0844466E-38A3-47B0-84E3-650303690EDB.jpeg

The ‘Conda may be a bit sluggish on the steering but there’s something about taking this huge ship into deep space that is immensely satisfying.

The observation room on its nose and all it’s various scanners and little decks just ticks all the right boxes for me in a ship that’s going to be away for a while...

...well, I say a while but I’ll be back before Thursdays PP tick! She’ll be hungry by then and need to feed on Federal skum.

42CA7744-5F47-428C-B58E-CFCABE586586.jpeg

Top Bottom