Anaconda PVE combat build

The covette is a dedicated combat ship, much much better at that one thing. The anaconda's an all-rounder so it's better at everything else.

For a combat fit PVE anaconda huge and big multicannons one thermal one caustic bottom mounts, then efficient large lasers (whatever type you like) on the top, with efficient laser turrets on the small and medium mounts. Big bi-weave shield, fighter bay, SCB with a heat sink, loads of shield boosters. HRP's everywhere else, swap these with cargo bays for very heavily armed trading.

Shield boosters still something to install? haven't been in game for awhile as I can't stay in game for longer periods due to lack of an autopilot, the press J to jump 800 times just kills it for me.

Thanks guys.

I settled for 3 large beams, 2 medium MC and 1 huge MC. All gimballed. Tested it a bit in a high intensity CZ, it's ok but I remember now that I never was convinced with the underbelly hardpoints, I mean I find them... inconvenient. Despite being on the same trigger, the huge MC had way more ammo than the 2 medium MC on the side, I just find it awkward to basically have to "cover" my target with my nose to allow everything to shoot.

I guess that's just how the Conda goes, though, the huge HP is probably not in the best spot.

That said, I did not reach nor feel the state of shield "invincibility" that you guys describe. The ship was vanilla during the test, 7A classic shield + 4 SB0. Maybe that's my positioning and surrounding awareness that is lacking the most, more than a hardware thing...

Still, I'm not sure that bi-weave are a good idea for me, well, I'll give them a try.

the press J to jump 800 times just kills it for me.

That's what triggered my 2 years pause for me. Went on a 160k Ly trip, it was... well it was insanely dull I have to say, but the neutron star farming on the way back is what killed it for me. Exploration is a real challenge.

Thanks guys.

I settled for 3 large beams, 2 medium MC and 1 huge MC. All gimballed. Tested it a bit in a high intensity CZ, it's ok but I remember now that I never was convinced with the underbelly hardpoints, I mean I find them... inconvenient. Despite being on the same trigger, the huge MC had way more ammo than the 2 medium MC on the side, I just find it awkward to basically have to "cover" my target with my nose to allow everything to shoot.

I guess that's just how the Conda goes, though, the huge HP is probably not in the best spot.

The Corvette has a similar problem with its large hardpoint which is located below, tricky is the word I would use for that hardpoint. On the plus side the 2 huge hardpoints on the vette have excellent placement on the top of your noggin, and it allows for easy use of fixed weapons.

That said, I did not reach nor feel the state of shield "invincibility" that you guys describe. The ship was vanilla during the test, 7A classic shield + 4 SB0. Maybe that's my positioning and surrounding awareness that is lacking the most, more than a hardware thing...

Still, I'm not sure that bi-weave are a good idea for me, well, I'll give them a try.
Is the shield unengineered? That will make a wopper of a difference. Even with an engineered shield you will not be invincible, despite what some people might claim.

Last edited:
As for why Bi-weave shields: they recharge much faster. And the more pips you put into SYS, the faster they charge.
This is false. Sys pip does not affect the shield recharge rate at all.

Anyhow OP, I use a full 8 Gimballed Efficient Beam Anaconda. Normal thermal res shields with 6 boosters which puts it around 2200MJ shield capacity. Works like a charm with my Weapon focused power distributor as it has increased weapon capacity I can do a pretty nice burst on the enemy.

That's what triggered my 2 years pause for me. Went on a 160k Ly trip, it was... well it was insanely dull I have to say, but the neutron star farming on the way back is what killed it for me. Exploration is a real challenge.

When knowing it's very easy to make an AP I just find this lack of feature in ED a road block to enjoy the game.
No matter where you go, you need to just sit and press J x amount of times.

Even in FSX/Arma/IL-2/ DCS you can use an AP to get from A to B. Just boring if you ask me.

Well I digress, sorry for the OT.

Well, it's ok, I guess the topic has lived its life anyway. Thanks to all, it was what I was looking for and it will prove useful :)

Regarding the automation, yes, but then... I mean, if you think about it, even a very basic autopilot could probably get elite in exploration by itself. Just set it up (don't bother with surface scans, select only scoopable stars, etc), let it run on its own 1 week, and... voilà.

Same could probably be achieved with "trading", or ferrying 2 commodities between 2 stations. Just a tad more advanced set up, select solo mode, and... voilà.

I mean, the game is extremely simple on some aspects, so... well, I guess I'll just say it, I imagine that even a basic degree of automation like autopilot would kill most of the gameplay. Which does not put the gameplay in a shining venue. Yet, people still enjoy the game, it's not only an action game, gameplay is not everything, there is immersion, escape, dream, fantasy, accomplishment...

I don't know man

Top Bottom