Anarchy Faction Coalition BGS

A quick update on this issue from my side:

After having had spend approximately 11 weeks to maintain majority in our home system, everyone in our small squadron was absolutely fed up with this monotone, stupid gameplay, whilst we basically missed everything else happening in the galaxy, and we gave up. A corporative NPC faction (probably supported by random Cmdrs) took over a few days ago.

However, life goes on, but then the most annoying detail of all happened: While over the last months there had only been offered an average of 5 - 8 (space)missions (not to mention any with INF+++++) during our rule, now we get around 30 with plenty of INF and Cr.

If this works as intented: Why? o_O

A quick update on this issue from my side:

After having had spend approximately 11 weeks to maintain majority in our home system, everyone in our small squadron was absolutely fed up with this monotone, stupid gameplay, whilst we basically missed everything else happening in the galaxy, and we gave up. A corporative NPC faction (probably supported by random Cmdrs) took over a few days ago.

However, life goes on, but then the most annoying detail of all happened: While over the last months there had only been offered an average of 5 - 8 (space)missions (not to mention any with INF+++++) during our rule, now we get around 30 with plenty of INF and Cr.

If this works as intented: Why? o_O
Any number of reasons, tbh.
1. Unknown Unknowns (thanks, whoever I got that off). In short, the mission generation system is more complex than we necessarily know. Perhaps unnecessarily complex, but I digress. Things might be going on that we simply can't see. I have my suspicions, but that's a whole topic on it's own.

2. Mission generation gives preference to factions in states which have flavoured missions. For example, 7 factions in a none state, each of them will get around 14 missions, give or take 7... ugh. But if two are at war, and the rest still None, that results in those two factions at war getting up to 30 missions generated, while the None state factions will get 8, give or take a few.

3. Combo of 1 & 2. You might think "If every faction is in such a state though, the distribution should be equal?"... generally... Wrong. You'll end up with 3 factions with 20-30 missions, and then the remaining factions will get 2-3... give or take. Maybe even None. Why? See #1.

4. Mission boards regenerate every 10 minutes, but missions can persist through multiple board regenerations because of 1. So, if you start with 14 missions for every faction, and you take all 14 for your faction, the next board regeneration would on-average generate 2 missions per faction.. leaving your faction with 2 available missions, and the others with 16.

5. Mission type determines credit reward, credit reward determines influence reward option. To see +++++ inf missions, your mission reward needs to be around 2m cr at least. If you're in a state where you don't generate those sorts of rewards for your missions, you're out of luck. Anarchy factions in particular have god-awful rewards for missions as a general rule, so don't expect to see +++++ inf missions that often.

Don't underestimate 1. though... there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. For example, my faction had a lot of delivery missions to a system where it was present and indeed, owned the station. Almost all of them went to a corporate faction in the system, and none went to my own faction. Thinking "Oh, maybe we don't deliver to ourselves" I checked other faction boards, but they too delivered to the corporate faction. Likewise, there was another corporate faction not presenting as the destination faction. Both were in boom, and otherwise indistinguishable. Why? Who knows... but it defies random distribution.

Note: You'll see i'm using specific numbers through this. Mission boards have a hard cap somewhere around 100 missions offered across all factions... more than that the efficiency of the boards goes into the toilet. That was from a beta from a few years back, but it's not changed since then. But between that and an unknown mission generation process which is not simply random, the chances of a faction being "starved out" of missions for unknown reasons are high.

About point one, missions (especially delivery cargo missions) can be spawn:
  • Depending of a state (for example, anarchy faction can have delivery mission to another (or same) anarchy faction in same/other system with a boom or better economy state (bust/famine states also included). Expansion state will always generate (in anarchy factions) delivery missions to anarchy faction, which expansion state is already ongoing)
  • Station economy (for example, High tech stations will be more likely offer delivery missions to anarchy factions with civil unrest or outbreak states (again, this can happen also delivery to same anarchy faction in same system)).

@Jmanis Bit delayed, but thanks for sharing your opinion on that. I have noticed that there seems to be a total number of missions, shared amongst the factions depending on their state.

There are certainly some patterns but with the INF created by and through surface settlements the whole calculation got a new spin recently. Like it does not seem clear if surface cz do have any influence on the outcome of a war, or if it is just a separate battle for ownership of the base.

On the other hand, it would not be ED(O) if there weren't any workarounds possible, which we are trying to work with for the time being.
However, we are getting FC interiors and other stuff, which is much more important than taming bgs chaos... :)

A ground CZ victory alone does count towards the daily tally. Additionally, if more victories have been won for a faction over the other, control over that settlement will be retained by or pass to whichever faction had the most net victories in that conflict.

For anarchy factions, settlements are a completely toxic asset. For this reason, the best course of action for any anarchy managed faction is to fight against your faction in every ground CZ when a war occurs, but to win the war in space. This will shed the settlements without losing control of stations or the system. Compared to other types of anarchy BGS work, this is double the fun, lots of fighting.

Top Bottom