And again about using the mouse and joystick in VR mode.

I still can't adjust the joystick's ability to select star systems when flying outside the habitable Bubble. There is no way to choose unexplored remote systems to jump into them when playing in a VR helmet. I have to go to 2D mode and choose it with the mouse. Even a distant point for laying a route to it is almost impossible to find with the help of a joystick. Without full access to the galactic map, it is absolutely impossible to fly between distant star systems and completely loses the sense of using a helmet.

Last edited:
I have a Play in VR and I use the galaxy Map just fine with my HOTAS Setup.The only time i have to take off the helmet is to take a drink of coffee...Maybe i can help you set things up. msg me.

Dexatron

So maybe someone will write detailed Instructions on how to configure the joystick for use in the galactic map? That would be very useful. From the developer, apparently, this will not wait.
P.S. I have a Saitek X52 Pro from Logitech.

I'll have to experiment with these suggestions. All of my controls are mapped to my X52 Pro and I never have to take my hands off of it. The exception is the Galaxy Map where I use the keyboard and mouse. Using the mouse to try to select systems was frustrating at first because of the stereoscopic effect. Then I realized that the mouse itself isn't for selecting. I only use it's wheel to zoom and the mouse itself to rotate all while using WASD to move around: R and F for up and down respectively. I can also use Q and E to rotate and Z and X to zoom in and out but most of the time I find the mouse easier for this purpose. When I hover over one of those little circles, the system is automatically selected.

I tried using the HOTAS before but no matter how I configured it it always felt clunky and weird. I'll give this a shot anyway.

Top Bottom