Discussion Android Tablet for panel control

Hi all,
I'm a complete newbie at all this (only logged about 22 hours so far...).
But I have seen a few threads about using tablets as control panels rather than keyboards.
I was interested in the 'Panelsapp.io' idea, but that doesn't seem to be available on the Play Store anymore.
I wanted to use an old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet.
Can anyone recommend an alternative way to use this as a panel control that doesn't require a degree in computer sciences to set up....?
I know as much about tablet architecture as I do about ballet (not much...).
Thanks and O7.

Last edited:
Game Glass, or Roccat would do the trick, I'm sure their are others but Game glass is a bit limited and Roccat would require a bit of a set up since it was discontinued but you can still find copies out there.

Game Glass, or Roccat would do the trick, I'm sure their are others but Game glass is a bit limited and Roccat would require a bit of a set up since it was discontinued but you can still find copies out there.

Many thanks.
I also saw something about Touch Down, so I’ll check that out too.

I haven’t tried it myself yet but you might also try EDDiscovery. It does much more than control but there’s a control grid to activate keybindings.

I like the idea of using extra screens to make my time with Elite feel more immersive, as you can see below.

To use your tablet as a control panel there is Panels (Link), Touch Portal (Link) and newly released GameGlass (Link). One warning with using a 7" Tablet is that it displays only in portrait with Gameglass. 8" and above you can use landscape mode.

t9QC3ei.jpg

gameglass does have some limits on android version supported. so far 7 (Nougat) and above offically supported. that does count out any old equipment you may have handy... looks at several 4+ tablets he has handy

gameglass does have some limits on android version supported. so far 7 (Nougat) and above offically supported. that does count out any old equipment you may have handy... looks at several 4+ tablets he has handy

Thanks. I found the support list on their website. So I rooted my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and upgraded it to Android 7.1 (followed a couple of YouTube videos and, amazingly, it all worked). Now GameGlass works ok.

I like the idea of using extra screens to make my time with Elite feel more immersive, as you can see below.

To use your tablet as a control panel there is Panels (Link), Touch Portal (Link) and newly released GameGlass (Link). One warning with using a 7" Tablet is that it displays only in portrait with Gameglass. 8" and above you can use landscape mode.

t9QC3ei.jpg
Nice setup, would you mind identifying the app on the left hand monitor please? Are both the tabets and the top monitor all using Touch Panel? o7

Roccat powergrid is a good and simple one, but only if you have some layouts (panels) saved, because a couple years ago roccat took the windows server software away from their website and all the layouts for alot of games (the android app was still available for download all this time tho). Months later they just put back a link to download the server software, but all the "panels" for all games made by the community are gone, maybe by googling you might find some of them stored somewhere else. Also, the app hasn't been updated for years, although it still works great in recent phones/tablets, same goes for the server software.
You can also give it a try and make your own buttons for roccat powergrid, might be videos on youtube teaching how.

There is a reddit thread about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/9wbapy Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/9wbapy/psa_roccat_powergrid_no_longer_available_from/

Top Bottom