Animal dlc that would not only satisfy most members but also make planet zoo a complete game

@Kaan We can at least hope and dream😊

Just a small thing I wanted to add - next to Loro Parque, there have been at least 4 zoos I know of that kept orcas for some time in the past. Yup, real zoos, if one might not accept Loro Parque as one. (I think there have been Safari Parks aswell, but I dont know them)

Tierpark Hagenbeck in Hamburg, Germany, one orca named "Orca" from 1981 - 1985 (I couldnt find much info about him or her, only that this orca was there on loan, but I dont know from whom and what happend to him/her? Did it die there? If not, where was it placed next? No idea... An orca named "Orca" is totally not easy to findo_O)

Cleethorpes in the UK (Calypso from 1969 - 1970, moved to Marineland Antibes/they also had at least one Beluga)

Dudley Zoo, also in the UK (Cuddles from 05/1971 - 02/1974, he died sadly)

Zoo Barcelona (Ulisses from 1983 -1994, moved to Sea World San Diego)

All of these places also kept (and maybe some of them still keep?) dolphins. And they stopped having orcas, because they either died or they just hadnt had enough space for them, let alone the money to maintain them. And dont get me wrong, its actually great those places dont keep them anymore!

Oh, and Zoo Duisburg also kept Belugas for many years and they still keep dolphins.

The reason I am saying this is simply to proof my point that just because this is Planet Zoo does not mean it could not have orcas, as there is no universal law that would forbid orcas and dolphins to be in anything but marine parks. For real life its of course great thats mostly a thing of the past, but for a game I see no problems, especailly not any ethical.

But in the end its up to the dev-team to decide.
Should PZ never add them I can only hope another devolper makes a zoo game that is at least as good as PZ and will add orcas aswell... or Frontier does a marine park game itself, but I doubt both:cry: So my biggest hope is still they get added to PZ, this game is so awesome I just cant get back to play either of the Wildlife Park games or ZT:censored:

Well on the bright side maybe at the least we could get some marine animals like a few species of shark,stingrays,eels,and maybe a octopus or something. Marine dlc doesn’t personally top my list but I respect the ones who want it. I personally don’t see the harm of a just for fun pack type deal for people who want to spend the extra money. Because at the end of the day it is mostly all about the money for businesses. We all know frontier has done a great job with the conservation aspect of the game and what they tried to teach people with the polar bear. At the end of the day I get it realism is what they’re going for. But there’s always hope for you guys. One thing tho before any of this type of dlc could ever exist they still have to develop some underwater swimming capabilities for their regular animals first. That’s the only way this type of dlc can exist. I think they’re more then capable but we still don’t know how the water features in this game work.

Well on the bright side maybe at the least we could get some marine animals like a few species of shark,stingrays,eels,and maybe a octopus or something. Marine dlc doesn’t personally top my list but I respect the ones who want it. I personally don’t see the harm of a just for fun pack type deal for people who want to spend the extra money. Because at the end of the day it is mostly all about the money for businesses. We all know frontier has done a great job with the conservation aspect of the game and what they tried to teach people with the polar bear. At the end of the day I get it realism is what they’re going for. But there’s always hope for you guys. One thing tho before any of this type of dlc could ever exist they still have to develop some underwater swimming capabilities for their regular animals first. That’s the only way this type of dlc can exist. I think they’re more then capable but we still don’t know how the water features in this game work.

I personally don’t see the harm of a just for fun pack type deal for people who want to spend the extra money.

I fully agree!
Though I still would say that adding orcas would not necessarily go against the conversation and education aspect of the game. But let me try to explain, I guess many know that in the 60s and before orcas were not usually liked by most people. They were usually seen as monsters, vicious killers, vermins or as "dumb fish" by many. Especially fishers hated them and would often hunt them, sometimes even for fun. Lets take Canada for example, the country were capturing and keeping orcas started. They were seen as pests there and even some Canadian politicians were fond with the idea to just hunt them all down to extinction in their area.
The first orca actually got caught alive by accident, the plan was killing it, but he survived with minor injuri, so they decided to keep him... And those first orcas in captivity actually showed people that they are intelligent, social, sentient beings and made them fell in love with them.
And just a few years after the first captive orca, Canada actually became one of the first countries to actually protect their orcas.

Now you may ask what this has to do with Planet Zoo? Well, easy, while these captures were of course terrible harmful for the individual orcas and their families, they actually did help them at least a bit in the long run and make people aware how awesome they are. And if Frontier decided to add orcas to PZ, they could actually educate people about them, their needs, why real-life captivity is wrong and much more - all of that without harming any real orcas! PZ orcas could aslo make people fall in love that werent already, aswell as teaching children about them. Putting them in games, rather than in real parks, is totally the way to go and goes with what many people think is the future to learn about animals that should not be in captivity - in media. If they did it right, I think it could become a great opportunity for Frontier(y) And even I have some ideas what/how Frontier could add themin a good way. So I think the team could even think about better ways.
-

So, I also found out more about the Hagenbeck orca. She was a female caught off of Iceland in 1981 when she was about two years old and then owned by the American James W. Tiebor. After a few months in a holding facility she was loaned to Hagenbeck. In 1985 Hagenbeck decided to end the loan, as people got less intrested in her (for me that translates to they couldnt make enough money with her anymore and I suspect they didnt want to invest in a new tank for her, let alone buying/loaning another orca, but the dolphin tank she was in was already to small for the dolphins and when she was 2 years old, but a 6 year old orca isnt getting smaller - I guess if they made the big money, they would have bought her and maybe order more orcas aswell + making a better tank for them) So Tiebor sold "Orca" to Nanki Shirahama Adventure World in Japan, were she became known as "Ruka" (a much better name, honestly) She lived there with other orcas until she suddenly died in March 2000. While of course far from perfect, I am at least relieved she got a bit of a better life there, the Hagenbeck tank was outright abuse. Her new tank was at least a bit bigger and she wasnt alone anymore... And she survived much longer than what I originally thought when I first heard about this orca. (still young, yes)

Nanki Shirahama Adventure World doesnt have orcas anymore, but false killer whales, bottlenose dolphins, risso's dolphins and pacific white-sided dolphins. This Adventure World is an amusement park, but wow, their zoo part is totally nothing to be ashamed of (not judging about the animal welfare there, I guess not so good for the dolphins, polar bears I guess, but could be better for some others probaly, but I dont know anything about that place) Many of the animals they have are already in Planet Zoo, but they have many awesome animals I would love to have in Planet Zoo! For me the game would be pretty perfect if Frontier added all the "missing" animals + orcas to the game:giggle:

Aside from the marine mammals, I would especially love the Patagonian mara:love:

One thing tho before any of this type of dlc could ever exist they still have to develop some underwater swimming capabilities for their regular animals first.

Oh, they could also introduce it with a marine DLC or the first marine animal (depending on their plans). In my opinion not all animals would need to dive, anyways. The hippos can already go underwater, that is good. Apart from them I can only think of 4 animals already in the game that could really need diving - the gharial, saltwater crocodile, nile monitor and the polar bear. Unless I am missing one, I dont think the other animals really would need to dive. I guess it would also make things easier for Frontier if they would just apply it to animals who really need it (like climbing) and apes for example cant swim anyways, so they cant dive either^^ Though diving elepahnts, tigers and such would be a bonus:)

But I think it should be very possible, I already had a diving elephant;) She was kinda bugged underwater only a bit of her head sticking out, her trunk was fully underwater, though. But hey, if its possible as a bug, it should be possible as a feature:ROFLMAO:

20200102003150_1.jpg

You know you might be on to something there. If animals can swim at the surface it should be possible to lower their swimming animation. And Patagonian Mara that’s animal I totally forgot about and one to the best of my knowledge that hasn’t been requested until now also. Great choice.

Top Bottom