Animal Walking Through Fence :(

I'm on the Canada map, and just made my first cat hab. Everything was going fine until she escape. I put her back in the cage and watched her. As soon as she was unboxed she turned and walked straight through my wall, as shown in my screenshot. Can anyone help me out, what's happening?

planetzoo.jpg

planetzoo.jpg

It's a wierd glitch that has started happening in some enclosures since the 1.03 patch a week and a half ago. Try just adjusting the barrier placement a little bit or removing and replacing it to see if that fixes it.

Although the original post in the thread (mine, I might add) was mistaken and it was user-error, not the game glitch, others shared some rather amusing screenshots regarding the issue in the replies-> https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/we-really-need-a-fix-for-the-escaping-animals-issue.531825/

To be honest, I think the barrier is too low as well.
What does the heatmap tell you?

To be honest, I think the barrier is too low as well.
What does the heatmap tell you?

i think you were right! the zoopedia said it needed 3m fence and it was only 8 feet (wish the numbers were consistent but oh well, math). i raised the fence in a couple places and she hasn't busted out yet. the heatmap didn't say anything though, what should it tell me?

i think you were right! the zoopedia said it needed 3m fence and it was only 8 feet (wish the numbers were consistent but oh well, math). i raised the fence in a couple places and she hasn't busted out yet. the heatmap didn't say anything though, what should it tell me?
Please dont take this the wrong way but this is another good example of people calling BUG!! when actually it is user error.

I find the heatmap is only a guide, it will show most issues but sometime the sneaky animals find ways out. Snow Leopards are some of the best escape artists, do you have anti climb on your barriers?

Please dont take this the wrong way but this is another good example of people calling BUG!! when actually it is user error.

I find the heatmap is only a guide, it will show most issues but sometime the sneaky animals find ways out. Snow Leopards are some of the best escape artists, do you have anti climb on your barriers?

never said anything about a bug, it's total user ignorance. as i said i raised the height up past 9 feet (and even higher in some places around objects) and they haven't escaped in a while. i dont think i have access to anti climb technology, only on mission 4. thanks for your response tho

never said anything about a bug, it's total user ignorance. as i said i raised the height up past 9 feet (and even higher in some places around objects) and they haven't escaped in a while. i dont think i have access to anti climb technology, only on mission 4. thanks for your response tho
No, but someone else did in reply. Sorry to be fair your post specifically DIDNT mention bug so shouldnt have got on my high horse. Just a pet hate of mine.

No, but someone else did in reply. Sorry to be fair your post specifically DIDNT mention bug so shouldnt have got on my high horse. Just a pet hate of mine.
I said it...and it's true, there's currently a bug that causes animals to pass through barriers, and even terrain, in order to escape an enclosure that is perfectly enclosed for them. Click the link I posted for some very obvious screen captures that show it.

But in this case, yah...it's not that bug, it was user error. Which happens all the time too. I had all my baby Ostriches escape just last night because I had placed a mud bath which I didn't realize raised the terrain just a tiny bit next to the barrier near where it was placed, and they all were able to jump out. :-(

Top Bottom